Reviews for Through the Eyes of the Queen
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
I really enjoyed this! Uberta did manage to hold the kingdom together all those years, it's nice to see more of that side of her.
Cynthia chapter 3 . 11/21/2012
I cant' wait for more!
bethsaida chapter 3 . 9/4/2012
It is truly a pleasure to find talented writers on this fandom! Your portrayal of Uberta (while definitely noncanon) is highly enjoyable. It is also good to see Derek portrayed as an admirable albeit imperfect human being. I love seeing how the childhood rivarly-turned-romance develops through your [Uberta's] eyes, and I cannot stop fawning over Derek's devotion. Please continue. Looking forward to more with immense anticipation.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
I just started this story and I think it's great. I always loved Ulberta and am really looking forward to seeing where you take this.
Lady Emily chapter 3 . 8/1/2012
I'm really enjoying this. Uberta is such a lovable character, and I love these glimpses into scenes that weren't in the movie. You've got a great writing style, earnest but funny if need be. I'd really like to see more of this!
PinkPastel chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
I'm really glad you are still writing! This story has a lot of great ideas and I like where it is going. All the dialouge and descriptions of the characters actions fit right along with thier personalities in the movies. The relationships are spot on. There isn't too much cheezyness with Derek loving Odette. (Which I know is really hard because the movie is pretty cheezy.) I could tell you put a lot of thought into this! I just hope that you would work on getting it out a little faster. People tend to lose interest the longer it takes and the story is harder to remember if they do follow it. Then they have to read it all over again, and sometimes that can be a pain when you have 4 chapters.

If you ever need help let me know :D
AnnieUSA chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
I really love how we got the vulnerable side of Uberta. The side we know is there, but they never showed in the movie. Uberta and Rogers seem to resemble an old married couple based on how they react around each other. I also loved how Uberta wanted to everything she could to find Odette; even if it meant her searching herself, and she how much Odette meant to Derek. It shows that like you said, Uberta did love Odette like her own daughter, and couldn't bear to face the uncertainty that surrounded her disappearance. I love the story and this chapter, and the wait was definitely worth it :)
Leni chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
I really wish you had decided to continue with this pov, but as it is, I enjoyed the two vignettes on the night Odette disappeared. It felt very real to me, and I did like the extra 'childhood' scenes. Funny, as I was watching the 'My Idea Of Fun' sequence, I was wondering about Derek's reaction to the necklace. lol
CLfev chapter 2 . 10/12/2011
You should know that this story is pretty much fantastic. Usually when I go to reeeelatively obscure movies I don't expect much but this is GREAT and so well written. And not just Uberta but Derek and Odette too. Please please continue updating this! Love, love, love it!
PinkPastel chapter 2 . 4/3/2011
Well, there's not a lot to say after the other reviews but to renforce that this story is beautiful so far. I like the way you have Uberta think about what Derek would say in response. I think that's pretty funny! All the descriptions are wonderful and well thought out. Keep going!

Contact me if you ever need help!
lilmoosic011 chapter 2 . 4/1/2011
Aww! Such a sweet story you've got going! :) I hope to see another review soon!
AnnieUSA chapter 2 . 4/1/2011
I LOVED IT! It's exactly the side of Uberta that we would like to see, a warm nurturing motherly side that shows her true love of both her son and Odette. I love that Uberta promoted Mila as her new personal aid, hopefully Mila will take Uberta's advise and take notes from Rogers. LOVE THIS CHAPTER, LOVE THIS IDEA, absolutely phenomenal. Keep up the amazing work ;)
TheUn-POP-ableBubble chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
That was good! I really enjoyed this! :) It's an interesting concept, writing from Uberta's point of view, but I really like where you've taken it and I'm curious to see where it'll go. I encourage you to write more! :) My favorite parts were the interaction between Uberta and Odette, and Uberta as the Queen directing Mila and Rogers. I think you really add an interesting side to Uberta's character that we never quite saw in the movie. I mean, come on! She's been a widow at least since Derek was a kid, and she's had to rule a kingdom all by her self that whole time! She's gotta have more than just a flamboyant nature, don't you think?

Awesome job! I can't wait to see more. :)

Bubbles
WeepingSwan chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Please continue!
lilmoosic011 chapter 1 . 2/23/2011