Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
Reviewer of the West chapter 12 . 8/22/2011
Great story exploring the not well trodden path, while remaining interesting and not falling into the "no longer Harry Potter" trap.

Please continue.
Still Not Dead Yet chapter 12 . 8/22/2011
I must admit Im enjoying this crash coarse in magical focus theory especially the comments about approximate fit.

Fleecing wizards is so much fun...and a little sad.

As always I look forward to your next update!
Hayden Elrics chapter 12 . 8/22/2011
I like this story :)

Thank you, my Monday is that much brighter.

More, perhaps?

Cheers,

M.
midnight98 chapter 12 . 8/21/2011
Glad that this story is going to be a long. Update soon!
none1013 chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
Loving the story... :D and looking forward to the next chapter! :D
mabidiso chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
If there's anyone who doesn't adore the depth of details you write, then they're definitely reading the wrong story. This, however, is the right story for me! LOVE IT! So good and enjoyable, and the details are so multi-faceted. There are cultural and historical notes that set my mind's chimes to ringing. Then there's the personalities of the immensely divergent characters - the juxtaposition of Harry's wizarding "cultural education" set next to his goblin education has me hopping between laughter and gasps of outrage. Madam Marchbanks is a pill, and she gave me quite a cramp. Old biddy. I love how Harry's mind works, and love even more how his big eyes and big mind take in the whole world. Lord love that kid.
M.E.S 50 chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
Interesting, so Sirius makes an appearance I can't wait to read what happens next.
Debate4life chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
Good chapter, keep it up!
GinaStar chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
I loved it! ;) very well done!
42hitchhiker chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
I like this story so far. The concept is brilliant, and your writing of it is interesting.
fhippogriff chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
I loved the detail, the "gandalf-type" staff topper, and all the vignettes starting with the Marchbank scene and following, ESPECIALLY the economics. Favorite line: "I think wizards must have developed a coded system of gift-giving as a backup language in case their mouths and ears suddenly all collectively fail."
Wonderbee31 chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
That was interesting to read how Harry continues to grow, as well as get on Madam Marchbanks nerves LOL, and will look forward to more of his upcoming growth, as well as what might happen when he comes upon Sirius later on.
noelnoel2 chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
Your detailed descriptions are wonderful and a sort of 'cushion' as opposed to the hard truths about the social, political, and system that Harry will be increasingly exposed to on the wizarding side.

The detail about staff creation was also an effective way to depict the great loss to magic that the marginalization of other magical beings by the wizarding world causes. Though as a fan of LOTR fanfiction, I couldn't help but feel a bit anxious when the goblins entered the dwarven sanctuary, but these were bankers and artisans, not warriors.

About pairings, please no. I worry that wizards, mainly Dumbledore, will try to wrest control of Harry, in part, by betrothing him to a witch or wizard. I hope, in the end, Harry is free to either stay or leave the wizarding world to find his match.

Thank you so much for all the work you put into this chapter. Er, live well and prosper. Ooops! Wrong fandom. :-)
Therio chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
Good chapter. Some of it seemed a little drawn out to me, but oh well, you can't please everyone all the time.

As for pairings, he's a kid. her hasn't even started Hogwarts yet. It'll be a few more years before he even thinks about that, and preferably, not mentioned at all in the story.

As for a prodigy Harry, I have no problems with a smarter, more powerful Harry, if there is a reason to it. One explanation is that the Horcrux in him (if that is what you will be referring to it as) would have the effect of draining a significant portion of Harry's magic. That portion of Harry's magic may be focused on keeping the Horcrux from spreading and taking over Harry himself. such as the Horcrux that was part of every page of Tom Riddle's diary is COS. The Horcrux could also have the effect of lowering Harry's ability to learn more than he would normally be able to. Not to the point that he would normally be able to glance at a book and recite it word for word, but more along the lines that while he still has to research and study, he retains what he has learned much easier.

Now one part I started wondering about when it was first mentioned, will Harry actually get to go see the Unseelie, and have the Horcrux removed? Also, will this play into the bit about Harry seeming to be turning into a sort of saviour type person for the non-humans? It sorts of reminds me of the Harry Potter Vates arc in the Sacrifices series, yet still original. Not sure if you read the Sacrifices Arc series or not.
TharzZzDunN chapter 12 . 8/20/2011
Mmmm, another enjoyable chapter, this story is becoming one of my favorites with the depth of history that you pour into it's pages.
2,045 | « Prev Page 1 .. 94 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 114 .. Last Next »