Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
Tommy14 chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
This chapter was packed with interesting information. I liked the differences shown wand vs the staff created for Harry. Also interesting was the Goblin safe guards, manipulation and control of the wealth and monies. Nice to see Harry growing up and learning about the different cultures, using his skills and magic.
jbfritz chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
mir chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
Glad to see you are continuing this fic and that you have a good grasp on grammar. At least as far as I can tell.
Vaughn Tyler chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
goku90504 chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
great story am enjoying muchly
ariel stormcloud chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
great story
sh777 chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
Thanks for the update. I have enjoyed the detail you put into this. And wonder how changed his school years will be.
KenF chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
This may be the first time anyone has ever managed to explain why nobody appears to be profiteering on the crazy exchange rate seen in canon.

Thanks for the update.
Fyreheart chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
I'm thoroughly enjoying this story. The creativity and wealth of information you're including as you create other cultures is fascinating.
Justpucky chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
Harry seems to have figured out that he's going to be some ambassador or champion of the other magical beings. But he didn't seem to link htat rolle to the culture and etiquite lessions with Marchbanks. If he wants to negotiate or manipulate anything Wizard, he needs to understand the nuances of Wizard politics. Will he or his guardians realize that and focus a bit more on preparing him to integrate into the culture above? He only has what 1.5-2 more years before Hogwarts?
NORGCO chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
Interesting chapter, I look forward to more soon.

The economics part is interesting in that the entire wizarding economy is being crippled to protect Gringotts and the gold coinage. Trade with muggles - the majority of the world and much wealthier per person than the wizards - is deliberatly discouraged, keeping production and goods availability low, prices high and their world a century or more behind.

Preventing gold trading is helping Gringotts, or at least helping it not have to become competetive with real world banks, but bad for the economy as a whole since it locks them into banking as just piling up gold in vaults and has to be inhibiting investment banking in general but particularly in the real/muggle world where there is vast amounts of money to be made.

If the wizard every really come to understand how much they are losing out on by keeping this system going a genocidal war with the Goblins would result.

GinaStar chapter 11 . 8/16/2011
Very enjoyable story! I look forward to reading more!
Beloved Daughter chapter 11 . 8/15/2011
Quite an interesting story. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 11 . 8/6/2011
Magic rings, shields and staves: if you ever have need of one, go to the dwarves. For anything else, goblinwork is the finest.

Like foreign broomsticks, skyboats and cloud-grapples, they were illegal to import into the United Kingdom – a measure designed to prop up England's otherwise untenable domestic broomstick industry. But using any flying devices already within the country was completely legal, assuming it was done within the bounds of the Statute of Secrecy. - So you can use only old flying devices imported before the law, or hope that domestic industry is good enough in absence of competition.

his ultimate betrayal - Remus, you don't doubt, and that's a mistake.

I think it is matched to that. - Apt. It would explain brother wands.

Good luck.
honore chapter 11 . 8/6/2011
Please write more as soon as possible as I am following this story very closely. Thanks
2,043 | « Prev Page 1 .. 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 116 .. Last Next »