Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
Ken chapter 26 . 1/10
"Mom", with that spelling? Possible (West Midlands) but jarring to me.
Ken chapter 17 . 1/10
Might "discreet" and "discrete" be differentiated, I ask?
Constructions like
"several Aurors lurked as discretely as they could..."
and, passim, "hidden discretely"

interrupt the otherwise enthralling narrative.
hypnoticageregression chapter 28 . 1/4
Possibly the best fic on this site. Wishing you the best and hoping your absence is for a positive reason! Hope to read the rest of this one day!
dhasenan chapter 18 . 11/2/2017
I'm glad that none of them studied far enough ahead to discover Boolywog's Forbidden Pleasures - they're too young for such depravity. Besides, the house-elves might get jealous.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 10/27/2017
A/N: "According to film canon, both of [Sirius's] grandfathers would have been alive at this point in time." They were also alive according to the Black Family Tapestry. Archturus, his paternal grandfather, died in 1991, whereas Sirius's own father, Orion, died in 1979. His mother, Walburga (she of the screaming, foul-mouthed portrait beloved by Kreacher), died in 1985, five years before her father, Pollux.

Normally, I don't give a hoot about canon in fanfiction. In this case, though, it actually is important. The fact that Arcturus outlived both of Sirius's parents is the only reason Sirius was able to claim the Headship of the family. Had Orion ever succeeded to the Headship, he would most certainly have cast Sirius out of the family.

Having said that, I still believe fanfic authors are free to jerk canon around as they choose ... although I will admit I don't like when Harry is changed to a girl. But then, I just don't read those storie!
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 10/27/2017
Your story is very interesting thus far. I normally do not read unfinished fics that have not been updated in more than a year, as experience has proven that I will usually be disappointed. However, I am a sucker for "Harry-raised-by-Goblins" stories, so I figured 28 chapters were worth investing the time. I suppose I'll find out.

I'm surprised the Goblins took Harry to Mr. Ollivander for his wand, if they're trying to keep him hidden. They should have taken him to one of those Knockturn Alley places where they usually send Wizards who want wands matched specifically to them. More troubling, I think, will be Ollivander's potential to gossip.

Now that Harry has been out and about in the Alley, Remus will also be able to detect his scent, I am sure. This means Buttinsky Dumbledore will soon follow, poking his long nose where it isn't wanted. Probably not the best decision on the part of Harry's Goblin parents.
Born To Sleep chapter 8 . 9/22/2017
I haven't seen a goblinraised!Harry-Story so far, and like the idea.
Still, Harry's life in the goblin nation and the brotherhood itself seems too good to be true. It's hard to imagine he wouldn't have catched some more prejudiced-fueled backlash for being human while he grew up, with the discrimination against non-humans that is going on in the wizarding world.
And compared to what was stated by Rowling, you portray the fomer Ministers of Magic quite negatively (even in real life, politicians aren't always only out for their own good).
And what exactly did Flitwicks earlier life look like? Was he raised in human society? Who were his parents? How did he earn the necessary trust to be made a member of the brotherhood? And does this mean he is more loyal to the goblins than to wizarding Britain?
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.
nikhil.majumdar chapter 28 . 9/20/2017
I'm late to the game and this is quite some time ago, but really hope you come back to work on this story someday! It's amazingly intricate and interesting!
Guest chapter 28 . 8/9/2017
This should be its own story troll harry in many caves hogwarts
xhiris chapter 25 . 7/17/2017
I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue (Morningon Crescent - The Great Game!), Monty Python AND the SCP Foundation? My hat's off to you. This is a most enjoyable read.
Sefera chapter 28 . 7/17/2017
Interesting, I'd be interested in more in the future, if you ever continue this. I'm favoriting it, just incase you do.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/17/2017
Entertaining beginning. Lousy Will writing. A lawyer would have done a better job.
anothersignalman chapter 28 . 6/3/2017
Is there a chapter 29 somewhere?
anothersignalman chapter 11 . 6/2/2017
Just found this fic last night, reading through it now.

One thing to check - "soldiering" means being a part of the military, and isn't a typo for "soldering" in the metalwork context?
Ronden Kiagre chapter 23 . 5/26/2017
If in need of good Discworld fics, a good place to start is the author A.A. Pessimal. He also has some good Lord of The Rings oneshots.
2,120 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »