Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
Books85 chapter 28 . 12/12/2016
I kept waiting for a smaller-than-usual Troll named Hack. Couldn't remember why until your AN. Gotta reread Bungle in the Jungle.

Very funny but not another chapter of Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone. I was both wrong and unfair a couple of reviews ago when I said that this story was short on plot (or something similar- unlike your writing mine is not memorable, even to me!) The plot is there, but I was overlooking the education that Harry's friends are receiving even while Harry gets educated.

Thank you for writing. And for sharing what you write.
Books85 chapter 22 . 12/12/2016
I agree with Harry. While the science of astronomy is fascinating and enlightening, it is not strictly speaking magical. Astronomy/Astrology is magical and makes exactly as much sense as divination. Got to agree with Professor McGonnagall on this one.

Sorry to be repetitive, but please write.
cztelnik chapter 28 . 12/12/2016
Lol, the Deep Downers would have conniptions about trolls being described this way. I think this would be a fun crack fic and interesting to write but really rather have more of the goblin Harry story. *sigh* just have to pursue the lovely rec's on the chapter ends.

So till later, thanks for all the words!
cztelnik chapter 27 . 12/12/2016
Really enjoying the weave of the story. It is a favorite already, I foresee several rereads in the future.
cztelnik chapter 26 . 12/12/2016
Excellent. Harry is coming into his own and there are a lot more believable complicated interactions happening but I'm sad cause there are hardly any more chapters.
cztelnik chapter 25 . 12/12/2016
This story makes me feel wonderful...which as good as it is probably isn't the best sign but whatever yay and wish there were more. Sad it is almost to the end.
cztelnik chapter 24 . 12/12/2016
Harry and the Weasley twins always provide entertainment.
cztelnik chapter 23 . 12/12/2016
"))) Recommendations are the life blood of any proper reading addiction. Thanks Very!
cztelnik chapter 22 . 12/12/2016
Snapes are interesting. A teenager bitterly paying for crimes that might have seen him executed as a goblin but then he might never have committed his crimes because Sirius also probably would have paid a penalty for the attempted murder. Uggh, it is complicated and can't accept the seemingly cohesive concept of goblin social structures, it can't be that simple with no internal strife it is just Harry isn't aware or privy to that conflict.
Books85 chapter 21 . 12/12/2016
Hermione is a bit boring for a person who is interested in learning things for himself rather than pleasing his teachers (which is Hermione's motivation.) They do both work hard at learning and are willing to expend considerable effort in the pursuit.

I am observing a dearth in forward motion of the plot. I cannot discern what end point (if any) you are working towards. This was not the case earlier where we were involved in seeing how goblin society works and seeing the sides of the magical world that are not shown in canon. Maybe Harry could meet some of the other magical beings at Hogwarts; centaurs, giants, elves...

All the same, thank you. This is interesting.
cztelnik chapter 21 . 12/12/2016
This is a gem, truly fantastical fic. Can't wax effusively enough on the subtle cracks and gags, pokes at social conventions and structures and the incredibly way of looking at JKR's story from a fresh perspective. Harry's not the only one here asking why. Blaise and Jan make such great counterparts and Hermione isn't nearly as annoying as I've read her. Happiness!
cztelnik chapter 20 . 12/12/2016
Pratchett used to talk about cats and how if they weren't so cute would we like them? Laughed so hard about crabs/lobsters - I crave sushi but know people who prefer fast food to what they call big sea spiders. Pragmatically tho..., this discussion tends to make people upset so I'll stop. Different cultures are surprisingly not just right or wrong but failure to realize and observe this causes huge issues.
cztelnik chapter 19 . 12/12/2016
The Ravenclaw obvious choice made me start second guessing but glad to see Harry in the house of the thirsting to know. Don't know why it is called the house of the Eagles when clearly the name is Raven. Also, having spent years watching both birds in close proximity, I feel qualified to share the opinion that Ravens are by far, more teachable and curious avian s than Eagles.

Delighted to see all the gags, they draw in additional perspective to situations and oodles of humor. That probably doesn't make sense - but eh, if I could write coherently I'd be doing it here so just have to muddle through these tokens of gratitude for those who CAN write and bring us so much pleasure.
cztelnik chapter 18 . 12/12/2016
Hufflepuff is probably the most respected along with Slytherin but Harry loves learning things so I don't think this Harry would be completely out of place in Ravenclaw. What a good fic!
cztelnik chapter 17 . 12/12/2016
Wow! Just Wow! Where to start about all the things I liked in this chapter...
Ok, the green wobbly bits. That's a critical bit of information when heading off to survive and unknown territory too often neglected. The rest of his goblin mentor's speech was pretty brilliant as well. Harry really comes into his own as he moves into the station and observes people and customs. He is polite but firm with Neville, Draco and Hermione but it is the discussion on the train that made me crack up.

Satire, it also makes you laugh.

Blaise is so right, Harry is going to provide a LOT of entertainment and rare bits of knowledge, I bet they'll remain friends regardless where Harry is sorted. The irony of a Ravenclaw Harry and a Gryfyindor Hermione would be great.
2,099 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »