Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
cztelnik chapter 6 . 12/12/2016
An eight year old Lord Potter- how lovely ")
cztelnik chapter 5 . 12/12/2016
Excellent. Remus will be sure to find Harry.
cztelnik chapter 4 . 12/12/2016
Very nice! No doubt the wizard world will consider going to war with the goblins but if Harry can magically gain his majority before he is discovered it will cause all sorts of entertaining hassles with the Ministry and Dumbledore. Especially if he chooses to stay with the goblins.
cztelnik chapter 3 . 12/12/2016
Wow, that was kind of cool watching Harry figure out the challenges. Hogwarts isn't going to know what hit them.
cztelnik chapter 2 . 12/12/2016
This is a fun fic and reminds me of some of the difficulties the dwarves had raising Captain Carrot, the unwilling scion of Ank-morkpork. Harry is going to be a fierce defender of the Brotherhood.
cztelnik chapter 1 . 12/12/2016
Very different take, raised by goblins!
Books85 chapter 19 . 12/11/2016
My predictions:
Ravenclaw - check
Friend of Hemione - check
Quidditch - pending, but he shows no interest.
Basilisk - I hope this story goes that long!

As usual, thank you for writing this and sharing it with us.
Books85 chapter 17 . 12/11/2016
I would think that your average magical-on-the-street would be surprised that Harry interacts so normally with the other kids. They don't realize that he has grown up with other kids all his life; they simply happen to be goblin kids.

You know, I am mildly surprised that more muggleborn's parents haven't gone into shock upon discovering that 'we are not alone' meaning that we are not the only humanoid sentient species on the planet. Actually (tries hard to unearth long forgotten definitions) goblins are human. Filius Flitwick is part goblin, part wizard and has children, and grandchildren (not sure if that is canon or fanon) ergo goblins can reproduce with humans and their offspring are fertile, so they are human. Let's say they are the product of many many centuries of divergent evolution? Who knows. Might be an interesting germ for a plot bunny. Free to a good home.

Loving this story,. Please come back to it.
Books85 chapter 15 . 12/11/2016
It appears that a half-mad Bella is more effective than Quirrell, Barty Crouch Jr. and Peter Petegrew all together; she has managed to re-embody Voldie while fleeing the goblins. I hope that my reading is wrong, or she will be, ahem, challenging to stop.

A wild ride.

Thank you.
Books85 chapter 12 . 12/10/2016
I like this Harry, although he is considerably different to canon, due to his upbringing.
- This Harry will be more likely to be a Ravenclaw than Gryffindor.
- This Harry is not likely to be a quidditch player; he is not fond of heights.
- This Harry has a great deal in common with Hermione, and has the mind of a scientist. Not much in common with Ron, though.
- If this Harry fights the basilisk, he will not leave the carcass in the Chamber to rot; that is not the goblin way. Likewise he won't sell it to enrich himself, but will either split the profits between those injured by the basilisk and the Brotherhood, since they gave him the tools to defeat the monster.

Gee this is fun. Only 15 chapters t go. ;-(
Books85 chapter 10 . 12/9/2016
Hmmm. Will the prisoner that escapes from Azkaban who threatens Harry at Hogwarts be Bella Black.

It appears that Ministers of Magic are cursed to be power-hungry lickspittles. Oh. Yes, they are politicians, so it figures. Bagnold seems to be a whole lot like Fudge.
Books85 chapter 9 . 12/9/2016
Still enjoying this very much. I am slightly frustrated that I cannot find any grammar errors or misspellings to present as constructive criticism.

I am amused by the distinctive goblin names; Earlok's "Long and lustrous," indeed! And Badluk!

I hope that Harry gets to Hogwarts before the fic ceases. There are so many different things that cam bollix up creativity. (sigh)

Thank you for sharing.
Books85 chapter 3 . 12/8/2016
I have just discovered this and am enjoying it greatly. You do a good job of creating a culture for the goblins.
I notice that this story is not complete. It's not the end of the world, I have read any other incomplete fics, some as promising as this one is. However, it it makes any difference to you, I would really like to see you complete it, not that I have a real clue as to the nature of the plot other than the classic, "Harry grows up as a goblin and has a much better childhood than he would have with the Dursleys." Speaking of which, have you read "Harry Crow" by Robst? It, too is excellent but does not get into the culture of Goblins quite as much.
Whether you finish this or not, thank you for writing what you have, and for sharing it here.
daisycb chapter 28 . 12/4/2016
I really hated to see the dreaded words "the next chapter is under construction " in your author note as I've found that invariably means, in my experience, that there will be no more story for which in this case is sad as this story is so interesting and I was anxious to see how Harry would get back at Malfoy, actually both Malfoys. Hopefully, someday you will come back to this.
Six Foot Assassin chapter 13 . 11/25/2016
Quite a few things make no sense in here or are pretty illogical. Happens when you try to mash up too many things in one story.
2,089 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »