Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
Books85 chapter 15 . 12/11/2016
It appears that a half-mad Bella is more effective than Quirrell, Barty Crouch Jr. and Peter Petegrew all together; she has managed to re-embody Voldie while fleeing the goblins. I hope that my reading is wrong, or she will be, ahem, challenging to stop.

A wild ride.

Thank you.
Books85 chapter 12 . 12/10/2016
I like this Harry, although he is considerably different to canon, due to his upbringing.
- This Harry will be more likely to be a Ravenclaw than Gryffindor.
- This Harry is not likely to be a quidditch player; he is not fond of heights.
- This Harry has a great deal in common with Hermione, and has the mind of a scientist. Not much in common with Ron, though.
- If this Harry fights the basilisk, he will not leave the carcass in the Chamber to rot; that is not the goblin way. Likewise he won't sell it to enrich himself, but will either split the profits between those injured by the basilisk and the Brotherhood, since they gave him the tools to defeat the monster.

Gee this is fun. Only 15 chapters t go. ;-(
Books85 chapter 10 . 12/9/2016
Hmmm. Will the prisoner that escapes from Azkaban who threatens Harry at Hogwarts be Bella Black.

It appears that Ministers of Magic are cursed to be power-hungry lickspittles. Oh. Yes, they are politicians, so it figures. Bagnold seems to be a whole lot like Fudge.
Books85 chapter 9 . 12/9/2016
Still enjoying this very much. I am slightly frustrated that I cannot find any grammar errors or misspellings to present as constructive criticism.

I am amused by the distinctive goblin names; Earlok's "Long and lustrous," indeed! And Badluk!

I hope that Harry gets to Hogwarts before the fic ceases. There are so many different things that cam bollix up creativity. (sigh)

Thank you for sharing.
Books85 chapter 3 . 12/8/2016
I have just discovered this and am enjoying it greatly. You do a good job of creating a culture for the goblins.
I notice that this story is not complete. It's not the end of the world, I have read any other incomplete fics, some as promising as this one is. However, it it makes any difference to you, I would really like to see you complete it, not that I have a real clue as to the nature of the plot other than the classic, "Harry grows up as a goblin and has a much better childhood than he would have with the Dursleys." Speaking of which, have you read "Harry Crow" by Robst? It, too is excellent but does not get into the culture of Goblins quite as much.
Whether you finish this or not, thank you for writing what you have, and for sharing it here.
daisycb chapter 28 . 12/4/2016
I really hated to see the dreaded words "the next chapter is under construction " in your author note as I've found that invariably means, in my experience, that there will be no more story for which in this case is sad as this story is so interesting and I was anxious to see how Harry would get back at Malfoy, actually both Malfoys. Hopefully, someday you will come back to this.
Six Foot Assassin chapter 13 . 11/25/2016
Quite a few things make no sense in here or are pretty illogical. Happens when you try to mash up too many things in one story.
envythenight chapter 26 . 11/6/2016
this story is really interesting! i am a huge fan of 'what if' stories, but tend to find that they can overpower a character too much which is not the case with yours. i also love how you've written dumbledore; these days he seems to be written too much as master manipulator, and i think you managed a perfect balance between someone with an agenda and someone who DOES care. the same with snape; he's often written as not nasty enough, esp when it comes to harry in 'what if' stories (like people expect that snape will like him just because he wasn't sorted in gryffindor) but you definitely managed a canon-esque snape. i'm very interested to see if this story is continued in the future, but even if not, it's been a wonderful ride (i read the whole thing in about a day or two) and i very much enjoyed it. your world building is wonderful (something i very much appreciate).
Jimbocous chapter 27 . 9/19/2016
Really great stuff here. Too bad it seems to have been abandoned. Thanks for a great read so far ...
Kairan1979 chapter 28 . 9/11/2016
Damn, you just had to stop writing a story after a wonderful Omake!
badgerlady chapter 28 . 9/10/2016
I was enjoying this story mightily when it was still a story, but it seems to have devolved into arch literary allusions and puzzling digressions. I wish you'd go back to telling the fascinating tale you started off with.
Kairan1979 chapter 3 . 9/10/2016
"Moss Aisle?" Nice SW reference.
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 27 . 8/19/2016
This has been a most enjoyable read. I hope you consider prevailing upon yourself to continue it. Excellent creativity and use of vocabulary. I learned a lot.
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 28 . 8/19/2016
This omake is quite clever and amusing. Please continue!
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 24 . 8/18/2016
Thank you for that beautiful Doctor Who reference. Was the Percy Jackson reference intentional?
2,096 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »