Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 17 . 12/14/2014
This chapter ( the Hogwarts express one ) was very entertaining. Got nothing else to say than good job, really.
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 11 . 12/13/2014
This is a very well written story. You have got some interesting concepts and the descriptions are great. However, there is one ' misgiving ' of yours that stops me from considering it favorite worthy. And that is, of course, the stagnation of the plot. Things are moving very very slowly.

You are very good at presenting us with exposition and theory crafting, but, without plot advancement, they get boring to read at some point. They have to be alternated with more ' action ' sequences.

Damn. You are so close to having a phenomenal fic, but that one thing holds it back. That said, I have the feeling that once you get to the Hogwarts arc, the story will pick up and become intriguing.

To conclude, I have to say this again: your level of writing is higher than that of the majority of this site' s authors. If your pacing gets a bit faster, the fic will definitely be amazing.
Guest chapter 24 . 12/3/2014
I had a lot of fun reading prufrock play aRounds . Don't call it obscure. Its epic. Nice chapter. I applaud your fluency in fitting all those images in... :D
HassleCastle chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Wow. I like it how you have rationalized the idea
theLadyCheshire chapter 28 . 11/28/2014
As enjoyable as the trolls were, I much prefer and anticipate the resumption of normal 'Vaults of Stone' chapters. Seeing as how it has been 5 months since the last update, it seems unlikely... but in case you read this, I thought you might like to know that I have very much enjoyed it and have been saying, "Yes? Yes." To my husband since picking up the knack of goblin speech patterns 2 days ago when I started. ;)
Anyway, I am following the story in hopes that it will eventually be continued.
Fast Frank chapter 19 . 11/20/2014
Nice sorting song.
Fast Frank chapter 2 . 11/19/2014
Well technically, "tempered" really doesn't apply to copper, but I suppose it's more evocative to your typical reader than "improperly annealed".
Hebi R chapter 28 . 10/25/2014
I am REALLY hoping that the main story will one day continue.
I would not mind this as a separate fic ( where "would not mind" means "would be thoroughly ticketed pink).
In the main fic, it might be interesting if Harry, while certainly no friend to all trolls, at least spoke the language and had learned how to behave around one so as no to get squished.
After all Fantastic Beasts tells us that goblins brought trolls to the conventions wizards held to decide what constituted a being, and trolls do work in some capacity at Gringotts.

Even if they are not very bright and are dangerous, I am not sure we can trust the ethnocentric wizards about how unintelligent trolls are. It would not surprise me if the trolls are violent towards wizards because they consider them invaders, while the idea of respecting the trolls' territory never occurs to the wizards.

Even without Quirrell, if there were still a "troll incident," I wonder how Harry might at least try to talk his way out of the situation.
Hebi R chapter 7 . 10/25/2014
My personal feelings on Ron:
If his value as a friend needs to be proven, I would say that would be in Prisoner. With a broken leg, terrified and unarmed, he /stands up/ to get between Harry and the man he believes to be an insane mass murder and zealot.
Also, beginning of Chamber, when he convinces his brothers to break Harry out of the Dursleys', knowing he is going to be in heaps of trouble, because he is that worried about his friend. I think about how rarely the adults in Harry's life took action about his living situation, and then contrast this rescue... He is not a great friend, but he's not a bad one, in my opinion.
Re:pairings- as beauty is a social construct, and Harry has learned his standards from goblins, it might take a few years of living at Hogwarts before he even begins to see witches (or wizards)(or both) as appealing.
Addy.is.not.a.Laddy chapter 28 . 10/10/2014
I'm not sure if you're still alive, but i reread your chapters recently and I am glad that you wrote this series even if you're not planning on continuing it. It's really refreshing to see different interpretations of this stuff, especially like what you have managed to arrange here with the goblins.
claireannwilkinson chapter 27 . 10/7/2014
This is really really good - excellent worldbuilding, and I love what you've done with the goblin culture and its relationship with the wizarding world, and the amount of politics that were flying around in the earlier chapters. And the history and magic theory parts - the balancing of wizarding and goblin approaches and interpretations along with Harry's own curiosity and empirical approaches makes for some really interesting worldbuilding that's introduced very organically in the story. I'm also very much a fan of the relatively slow pacing and the amount of subtlety and detail that allows for - and would be more than happy to read the entirety of the mammoth fic that this would be by the time it covered the whole canon timescale (on which note, not to be one of *those* reviewers, but seeing as this doesn't seem to have been updated since last year, is it still ongoing? Very much hope so as what there is is up there as one my favourite HP fics at this point)

p.s. couple of times in the course of this fic and iirc in your others as well minor recurring typo: you use 'discrete' (distinct) when I think you mean 'discreet' (subtle)
ImUpToNoGood chapter 28 . 10/4/2014
I would be amused to read more of this Omake... But what I really need is more of the main story! Is is unique, and very well done!

I'll give you (virtual) cookies. Puleeeze?
GrumpyGrue chapter 28 . 9/29/2014
Hairyreubeushagrid, head scratcher of the Old Mother, gave Potter tools he'd cherish until he got tossed into the bone pit: rock cakes. Potter holds them in his skins, along with his trusty brick. The wizards never stood a chance.
GrumpyGrue chapter 21 . 9/29/2014
Harry Potter says yes a lot, like Rolf, son of a shepherd, yes? Rotate the "p" in "Lisa Turpin" counterclockwise 180 degrees.
GrumpyGrue chapter 19 . 9/28/2014
These precocious kids are hilarious. Fighting a troll? Airheaded wizards eh? That Life of Brian reference was fun. A good way to condemn these students to their houses.
2,004 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »