Reviews for Harry amidst the Vaults of Stone
Birds Love Words chapter 18 . 9/17/2014
I loved the Hogwarts Express scenes! The way Harry handled Ernie, Draco, and Ron was fabulous. You also brought up one of my favorite complaints: the pointlessness of certain spells. I re-read Sorcerer's Stone within the last few months, and there was a small passage about final exams. First year students had to make a teacup tap-dance across a desk for Charms, and I just looked at the page and thought, "Why would that be a Charms final? What practical purpose does that serve? When are they ever going to need to do that in real life?" Thank you for addressing that! Personally, I think Harry will wind up in Ravenclaw. Slytherin is a close second (goblin society open encourages children fooling adults, I can't remember your term for it), followed by Gryffindor (because he jumped Quirrelmort) and lastly Hufflepuff (Harry's a hard worker and is very loyal to the goblins). Truly, I can see the Sorting Hat putting him in any of the houses, but Harry's curiosity and naturalist/geologist research projects lead me to think he'll be a Ravenclaw.
Birds Love Words chapter 2 . 9/16/2014
I'm already loving this story. You stole back the thunder you gave me after Mandragora. Here I was, all worried about the sentience of snakes, acromantulas, and owls, when you up and explain that Parseltongue gives temporary sentience. Drat. Now that I have both seen your problem and seen your solution to it, I can't seem to think of it any other way. I swear that I didn't read this before I posted my review for Mandragora, but we must think along similar lines, because you've also already mentioned centaurs, merpeople, and sphinxes. The one group I'm curious to see you explain is house elves. So far, I'm really loving your goblin world. I think it is intricate, beautiful, and very realistic. Well done.
bearblue chapter 28 . 9/10/2014
Chapters 1-27 were a wonderful read and I definitely look forward to more, as I want to see what happens next.

Chapter 28 was hilarious to read and I'd be open to the idea of finding out what happens next.

In total: Absolutely worth reading and I'm going to favorite, so I can come back to it again. Delightful.

Thank you.
X chapter 19 . 9/10/2014
Horses not good to eat? A lot of people are going to be surprised about that, since it's quite common in many countries, including the UK. It used to be common in the US, as well, and is still available in a few places. The meat is very lean, and sweeter than beef. Not to my tastes, but edible.
X chapter 11 . 9/9/2014
You're a good writer, but in my opinion you need to learn how to speed up the plot. The slow pace (which could be caused by dry narrative) is getting boring. However, unlike a lot of fanfic writers, you DO provide good detail, although personal preference would have just a little bit more. I also appreciate the good spelling and sentence structure - no having to try to decipher what you're trying to say. My only complaint IS that there is little keep the attention - so far, at least.
Guest chapter 28 . 9/9/2014
funny :)
reader1writer1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
very good start :)
Cillit Bang Bang chapter 27 . 8/5/2014
Pretty good job on raising Harry in a magical culture without making him ludicrously overpowered - I needn't go on about which other raised-by-goblins story failed utterly in this regard. Oh wait, I just did, anyway. Ah well.

Ensuring that a quasi-Horcrux cannot be removed in circa five minutes if one just lets people who aren't British wizards do the job - that SHOULD be obvious, but oddly enough, of a half-dozen stories with a comparable premise to yours, yours is the first that does this. Good.

Harry did strike me as rather too mature for his age for much of the first half, but not so far out as to be a serious detriment. Most children protagonists - including the source material - fall into that category, after all, and it's certainly rather less pronounced than usually.

I really, really appreciate how your depiction of Goblin society is 'Realistic' - that is, they're neither fundamentally nasty beasts, nor noble creatures suffering under the wizards' heel - their society, their laws and customs have their ups as well as their downs. It's very nicely balanced.

The description of the Gringotts break-in in chapter fifteen was... Beautiful.

The politicking going on, Dumbledore's characterisation in the same, Amelia Bones' and others' roles... Excellent, excellent work.

Also nicely done with the additional complications and interests that prevented any quick resolving of the Sirius Black issue - it all fit rather organically and was written quite believably.

I can... Understand your choice for how Parseltongue/ Snake intelligence works, though I prefer the innately-intelligent snake version.

The Goblin dialect/ sayings are certainly a nice touch.

And you even got a healthy dose of humour I appreciate a lot in once you hit Hogwarts - frequent giggles on my part. Arthropotter indeed.
nightkitty555 chapter 25 . 7/29/2014
so, i'm really sad that this story will end eventually. I think 4th year would be really, really interesting. I can see Fleur warming up to him and an alliance, possible romance there. Maybe tying in a veela debt for Gabrielle.
nightkitty555 chapter 21 . 7/28/2014
ooh, potions will be interesting.
nightkitty555 chapter 16 . 7/27/2014
i love this story so much, and really hope that you continue it!
nightkitty555 chapter 10 . 7/26/2014
very interesting
nightkitty555 chapter 6 . 7/25/2014
so, I'm loving this. I love a good goblin based story, and I'm liking this one particularly.
The amazing Lemon cheesecake chapter 28 . 7/17/2014
Wonderful, one of the best stories I have read. I know that this story is likely dead but I would be overjoyed if you continued. The last few chapters have been of a lower quality than the ones before but I will put that down to the intermission status. I hope you continue, I wish someone else could write a fic like this with the same level of quality as you have! It is remarkable what you have achieved here.
Lab12 chapter 27 . 7/7/2014
This story of yours is superb. Literature-quality writing. Only hope you are well and are just writing something else...
1,984 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »