Reviews for Stolen Moments
impoeia chapter 8 . 2/13/2013
I really like the way you integrated what happened on Basrah in this chapter and how these two first met. Stonewall's ruminations about the events are also a very nice counterpoint to your story "Warning Signs". I don't know which one you wrote first, but I thought getting an insight into what Stonewall thought at the time he first met Kalinda and then to read his thoughts about the event some time after was really interesting, because he has matured quite a bit since then and his 'Kali obsession' has had time to grow.

The fact that he is a little embarrassed about his actions in front of his squad was quite adorable. The way Kalinda tells it, "the chivalrous captain" is not exactly the tough captain persona Stonewall tries to cultivate at times. And, of course, as this is before his confession of love to Kalinda, he can't exactly be completely honest and tell her what he felt on that first meeting. I mean, the poor guy is still trying to come to terms with it himself.

The romance between these two makes me sigh. Their feelings are the light of a very warm candle, not blazing to the point where all you have left are ashes, but warm and soft. *Cough, cough* particularly since you already brought in the imagery of the fire. A nice touch, that.

I think the final line really sums up the essence of love. "Her smile widened and he knew that he was lost. For good." That alone just says it all. This is a guy in love who is still a little insecure about his station in life compared to Kalinda's, but he is willing to embrace his love and live with it. That takes courage. Particularly for a clone, because these guys generally like being in control and love is almost anything but controllable.

This is a very sweet chapter and I think the fact that it begins with a touch of light humour just adds to the undertones of the kind of relationship these two will have. Warm and deep, but with a sense of humour to lighten the dark days of the war.
Arrowhead1996 chapter 8 . 4/13/2012
(Insert I absolutely love this stuff sigh here) Why I absolutely adore this stuff, I have no idea. You do have more of these, right?
kiyohunter chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Well, I don't really want to review this story per se. I actually meant to ask you a few questions. But I think it is rude not to comment at least alittle bit so: First off, I really love your two OC's. They are quite fleshed out as far as personalities go, something I try to work on. Good job on that. This fic had me alughing the whole way through. It was seriously awkward and I loved it for that. Thank you.

Now, on to the questions. For one, where did you find that list of slang on Wookieepedia? I also tried to look for that...particular translation of 'deece' but couldn't find it. Two, did you know there really is a clone called "Stone" in the Clone Wars? That's who I origionally thought this was about. Anyway, thank yo for your time.
SerendipityAEY chapter 8 . 5/27/2011
What did she say? Haha :) I liked reading about them reminiscing, it was very fun! It's always neat to read about something we already know from a different POV, great idea!

I particularly like the line about them being so close but a galaxy away. Great! Perfect little moment
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 8 . 5/27/2011
Nice!
sachariah chapter 8 . 5/27/2011
Loved this! After this and "Not Fooling Anyone" I need to reread "All or Nothing" again, and "Old Wounds", for that matter. Although I wasn't able to figure out what it was that Kali had said - was that intentional? Or am I being a bit dense?

Especially liked the description of Stonewall's "protectiveness" - both because she *is* a Jedi, but also it's a very interesting emotion, since it doesn't necessarily tell you exactly what the feelings are - it can almost catch you by surprise.

"So, you met at Basrah? I heard about that skirmish." Stonewall nodded. "It was...exciting."

Loved that! Reminds me of Cody's comment to Kenobi regarding the first battle of Geonosis. Obi:"Last time I was chained to a pole and attacked by three vicious monsters: Cody:"That sounds... entertaining."

Beautiful piece.
Redone chapter 7 . 5/21/2011
Hi! I've reached this far with your Kali/Stone fics, and I love every one of them! Haven't reviewed so far, my bad - it's just that logging in is such a hassle. However, there's one thing I can't take any longer - the word that you consistently write court-marshal, is actually court-martial!
sachariah chapter 7 . 4/15/2011
That was so sweet - it took ne a while to see why smelling like that fruit would be unusual, but now that think about it is humorous - it would be like someone wanting to smell like bananas. "Unusual." Very cute. This has to be my favorite OC couple. Great job!
SerendipityAEY chapter 7 . 4/15/2011
Very sweet, lovely little moment :)
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 7 . 4/15/2011
Love!
SerendipityAEY chapter 6 . 3/1/2011
Nice interlude; good addition to Awakenings :) Another story? I wish I could be half as productive as you! And an AU... Hmmmm... ;)
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 6 . 3/1/2011
Nice...
SerendipityAEY chapter 4 . 2/28/2011
Wardrobe malfunction? Sounds interesting ;) This was a different little scene, nice change of pace :)
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 5 . 2/28/2011
love!
Queen chapter 5 . 2/28/2011
Lovely, again. I love the relationship between these too, so friendly and also so much more. I thought this line was particularly well done: "My true calling is to take down as many droids as I can before I die," he remarked, studying the strings. "And I wasn't born. I was decanted in a jar along with thousands more just like me." It really sums up so much of the situation of the clones. And the near kiss was so sweet, hee!