Reviews for A City Sorrow Built
littleann84 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Wow...just wow

This is beautiful.I can't even tell you how much I love this. You balanced the angst and fluff perfectly, with just enough humor to lighten the mood. (I particularly liked the ASPCA commercial and the endangered trees. Lol :) And was tearing up at the end when Dean just kept saying "it's okay" over and over. It's so simple, but it's so powerful at the same time.

This needs to be in the episode! Lol.

Great job _
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Amazing fic with just the right balance of humor and schmoop. Loved how often Dean's attempts to get Sam to cry backfired and revealed how much of a softy Dean really is.
SassyLilPanda chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Good gracious honey, you had me seriously tearing up here in this. It was so wonderfully written and I wish we could have something like this for Sam. Sam is honestly in desperate need of a good breakdown. The last time he really cried-cried was in Season 3 when Dean died. It's been nearly 3 seasons now, so give us some of those Sammy tears I say! He truly needs to get it out, and Dean needs to be big brother Dean and help him through this. I loved it. THANK YOU for writing it! It was beautiful.
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I'm a big fan of schmoop and you skillfully walked a very fine line with it. I like the way you captured their dialogue, that, and how you added a sprinkle of humor to your descriptions really helped balance the sadness and the comfort in this story.

Favorite line: do you swear on the Impala? hehe. I can hear Dean saying something just like that.

Great read.
Abby chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Awesome! The comedy and angst were really well balanced.I loved Dean trying to make Sam cry. Both Sam and Dean were in character- even the cuddling.
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
*reaches for tissues* oh my lord. That was beautiful. Granted, I now want to hide in a corner and bawl my eyes out for a solid five hours, but other than that...

I loved how you mixed in some humor to lighten the load of the heavy duty angst towards the end. Dean trying his damnedest to get Sam to shed a tear was certainly amusing. Though Sam and his bruised 'jewels' would disagree. I certainly laughed. :)

Oh I hope the boys do get their happy ending! They more than deserve it!

I loved this delightful surprise. The angst was just right. The humor tickled the right funny bone. And the brotherliness was superb. Over all? A wonderful, super fantastic one shot!
jensengirl4eva chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
That was wonderful. The ending had me in tears. Great job...
mamapranayama chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Wow...loved this story. It was funny and angsty and just perfect. Great job! :D
Moydra chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
A charming mix of amusing (some of those attempts!) and bitter sweet. And Red Fern Grows? That one shoulda worked...I was never able to read that evil book cause just the memory of the movie had me crying in the first chapter. And I tried several times.
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Loved it. Sad and touching and just the right amount of hugs...:)
Darknight Owl chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Wow...that was just...I don't know what to say.

It feels like a variant of something I tried to write myself for a thousand times, but always had to give up on it, because my writing skills are so pathetically small.

But your story was just so perfect and you should really fill your own prompts more often, if it leads to such laughing fit triggering and tear jerking awesomeness.

This is so going into my favorites.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Excellent story - solid brotherly vibes and characters true to themselves.
winchestergirl1994 chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
holy mother of god...this was an incredible story! first of all, when dean was trying to get sam to cry...i literally laughed out loud. hahah and you characterized the two brothers so well! you showed sam's true sensitive side that he tries to hide and dean's love for his brother. it was so adorable when dean just like gave up and had a major chick flick moment with sam and they hugged it out. and i also loved how you created a brotherly moment without making it wincest, which just made me fall in love with this even more. your an amazing writer! this is definitly one of my favorite stories of all time! fantastic job! :)
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Aw, I just loved this! Some of Dean's plans to get Sam to cry were downright hilarious, but he totally came through in his unique awesome-big-brother way in the end :)
LD chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Well done. Good Will Hunting depicts my gold standard for a manly breakdown/catharsis and comfort session. I would love to see that on this show! Who needs it more than these boys?
48 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »