Reviews for Ennead: Season Zero
thewindsofsong chapter 27 . 9/15
i love this story! this story is everything i love about gender-bending fanfiction. yuugi is still yuugi, and atem is still atem, but there's a new factor into everybody's interactions with them than you put in really well!

its been a long time since you finished this story, and i've actually re-read this story many different times, but i've finally gathered courage to leave a comment here.

thank you for writing this!
Emori Loul chapter 5 . 2/28
I love how she is quite literally using the "Royal We." They really should have taken more advantage of that irony in the series proper.
Diclonious57 chapter 6 . 11/22/2015
Sigh I wanted Yami to be a guy
Diclonious57 chapter 2 . 11/22/2015
They call tic-tac-toe something else?
your knight in tinfoil armor chapter 1 . 4/9/2015
So since this is like one of my most favorite fanfictions ever, especially in the Yugioh fandom, so I had to make some fanart for it! Hopefully this link will work!
http [colon][slash][slash] .com [slash] post [slash] 115938689407 [ slash] oneesan [dash] from [dash] ennead [dash] season [dash] zero [dash] by [dash] joey [dash] taylor

Just replace the bracketed words with the symbols, and if that doesn't work, the art is on tumblr under the name valleypauper! :) I hope you like it! (it's a bit more representative than accurately descriptive)
I'm a Creator chapter 12 . 2/11/2015
X3 Oh Jou-kun

Tbh though, i would of done the same thing .
Sugardipped Agnes chapter 27 . 7/29/2014
Gender bending Bakura was a pretty interesting twist there.
Its purely amazing. I'm gonna read your sequel now.
Sugardipped Agnes chapter 12 . 7/28/2014
I read some of the reviews,and one says this is the most bad-ass female Yami in a genderbend fanfic. Everyone would probably agree this to be true.
More history of the series,more drama,a lot more to Shadi's side of things,and pretty much more detail that kinda wraps everything up a little better.
Plus,there's a little more "Yandere" in my opinion. Shes basically got that cool but tsudere-like (which could turn yandere) with this. There's more interaction,and a little more to the gangs relationships.
I'll keep reading this (and hopefully get to reading that sequel of yours).
So this is pretty much one of the best genderbend fabrics I have ever read.
Jacqueline Landors chapter 27 . 5/22/2014
I really love this story, I was happy to read it, I wish it went on longer like the series did. But it was good.
Lunagale chapter 27 . 3/8/2014
One word. Amazing. I saw this story up earlier, and I am ashamed to say that I overlooked it, thinking it was just the same story with just a fem!yugi. Now I came back and read the entire story.
Boy how wrong I was.
I love this story. Absolutely love it. The characterization of Oneesan, the relationship between all of them. It's amazing. Probably one of the better stories on this sight. The only complaint is that sometimes there needs to be commas in some places and some sentences are run ons. Other than that it's wonderful. You actually add the logic that the series should have had, ergo weariness of the spirit, with how the series changed with Yugi as a girl rather than a boy. Please keep it up! I'm about to read Duelist Kingdom, and I hope it will be just as good and creative as this is.

(This is this a personal thing, but I'm urked that Jou and Yugi aren't getting together. I was sure they were during the entire dragon cards chapter. [pouts and then sighs] You probably were going for "she is like a little sister to me" thing though. Oh well. Fem!Yugi/ Jou shipping might not be out the window if I just continue reading. Just got to find out don't I?)
Freefan1412 chapter 27 . 2/10/2014
This was a nice chapter. It was very informative about the background of the Pharaoh. For example how Shadi doesn't know as much as he seems to when he is even misinformed about the Thief King. (Who obviously, if the labels would be accurate, appears to be a Queen as well.) And for Bakura to actually claim for Yugi to be a good ruler; something must have happened very differently in the past. But why is she still out for the destruction of Egypt then anyway, if she doesn't hate the Pharaoh? How puzzling and mysterious. I'm looking forward to finding out what happened some three thousand years ago.
You wrote out the Game nicely, not only focusing on the game itself, but also the feelings behind it, giving it all a deeper layer.

I'm looking forward to how you are going to write out the Duelist Kingdom. And more. I have high expectations. :) Anyway, I also have fears about this and that is mostly that there will be coupling involved. Hints and one-sided crushes are fine (also happening in the original) but what I really, really, don't like is when terms like 'boyfriend', 'girlfriend' get thrown into it in form of a real relationship. As your Yugi said: 'can't a boy and a girl be friends without there being something between them?' So very few authors are actually capable of not doing anything like it and so many good stories get annoying to read because of it. Reading also has a lot to do with the reader's imagination and if the reader's imagination cannot (does not want to) follow...So I really, really hope (pray/beg) there will be no parings involved further down the line.

Also, I noticed you use the word 'amused' a lot; I was wondering if maybe you mixed it up with 'pleased' or 'smug' sometimes?

All in all Ennead seems to be a very good first fic of a series with a great amount of promise; great writing, character interactions, characterizations, emotion, spelling, and plot.

Keep up the good work. :)
Freefan1412 chapter 26 . 2/10/2014
Getting use to Bakura being called Amane is a bit confusing. I'm really always thinking of the little sister and not a (more) female version of Ryou. xd But it's fine since Bakura is just called Bakura most of the time anyway.
On another note, I never noticed the similarity this RPG has to the Memory World and the story in general. Bakura is the traveler (who is not free of suspicion but still listened to), who not only builds an ambush but is the main evil as well, all the while hiding behind human skin. It is quite a bit eerie...
Well done.
Freefan1412 chapter 25 . 2/10/2014
Great chapter. :) A more run-off-the-mill threat this time, but it was well done to point out how even they can be dangerous. Interesting to read in a different way from Death-T.
Also, a small fight between friends is well done to develop a further bond of friendship, though again I'm missing Honda and Anzu.
Freefan1412 chapter 24 . 2/10/2014
I distinctly remember, at least in the anime, that Imori might have lost, but didn't turn into a vegetable. Which is a bit baseless, come to think of it, and takes the seriousness away. So while it is morbid to turn a classmate into a human vegetable, it is good for the story.
Well done, though I notice that there is a bit too little focus on Honda and Anzu for the last few chapters.
Freefan1412 chapter 23 . 2/10/2014
This was a sweet chapter. A lot of Yugi-Yugi 'interaction' and promptly building on the relationship between them. Some real interaction where the focus was on the interacting and not a product of various life threatening things. Yami Yugi is a very considerate person, and I'm glad she has a great deal of pride, dignity and confidence (as it is only fitting for a Pharaoh), but still places Yugi as her priority. It feels right.