Reviews for Unfulfilled Wishes
Callista Wolfwood chapter 9 . 8/18/2012
Such an awesome story!
alexindigo chapter 8 . 8/14/2012
Just realized that while I read this when you first updated, I didn't review it yet. Good chapter Beth. You covered everything that was needed for Lois to have peace of mind.

I guess my beef about the whole thing, just like Clark mentioned, was that he shouldn't have had to wait for her to ask about it but rather should have told her about it before they got together or maybe even when she DID ask him about it during the early part of their relationship.

I love that your Clark here is open about how he feels about Lois. TW's acting left a lot to be desired so we rarely got such powerful and emotional scenes between them but I do admit that ED brought out the best in him. The scene in Luthor when Lois immediately recognizes Clark to be Clark Kent and not Clark Luthor will always be one of my favourites. The intensity of the look between the two of them and the shock in Clark's face when he realizes that Lois knew always gets me. Reminds me of when Lana was schtooping Bizzaro for weeks without noticing anything yet Lois calling him on his weird behaviour almost immediately.

That's what I meant about her integrity. She's honest and loyal, two things that neither Clark nor The Blur can claim. She'll always be better than him so to have her be insecure because Moron!Clark couldn't summon up the cojones to tell her the truth about Lana irritates me. And in this version he actually told her! So you can only imagine my ire at canon.

Also, I've always been slightly irked by the fact that Clark only started trying with Lois again in S10 after he went to the future and saw how perfect Lois was. It begs the question, would he have told her he loved her and tried again if he hadn't seen the future? I know it's pointless to talk about what ifs, but that's always been something that has bugged me about Clark. Lois has been honest and open whereas his declarations have always been somehow contingent on visions of the future or alternative timelines where he knows it's a sure thing before he makes his move. So did he do it because he's supposed to or does he really feel that way I guess is the question.

Anyway, enough of that tangent. Just wanted to say that yet again, you showcased the best of Lois in this. Loved it and loved this story. Take care and thank you for sharing Beth!

Alex :)
alexindigo chapter 9 . 8/14/2012
Heya Beth,

It's been awhile, sorry for being AWOL. Okay, ngl to you. I pretty much skipped the first half when I read Lana's (ugh) name. Absolutely LOVED the bit with Ollie. Was always a Lollie fan and hated that the writers made him so shallow as to move on to Chloe after proclaiming his love to Lois just a few episodes earlier. Of course that's also probably because I don't really have the highest regard for Chloe but that's a rant for another time.

Tbh, I felt that Lois let off Clark easy and lbr, we knew she was going to do it. She loves the guy. She was going to leave him so he could be with his so called 'true love' ffs, so it really isn't beyond the realm of possibility that she would buy whatever is it that he was selling and let him off the hook. Now me? I would have felt it the highest form of betrayal, but then thank Jeebus I don't have any say do I? :P

Once again, you've captured the essence of Clois and really the essence of Lois. It's no secret really that I don't care for Clark so to have Lois accept him in spite of the lies he's told her really is just a testament to her big heart. She has consistently been open and the only one with integrity on the show, so it's not that hard to believe.

Thanks so much for sharing Beth. I probably will revisit the Lois/Lana scene one day when I have the time, but for now, just wanted to let you know that it has been an amazing journey and I truly loved it and this story. As mentioned before, I have been waiting for someone to tackle all the unfinished business between Clark and Lana in relation to his relationship with Lois. You did and and you did it well. Also loved our discussions and debates. Take care and hope to read more from you soon!

Alex :)
NonOmnisMoriar chapter 9 . 8/14/2012
What a gem of a story! I thoroughly enjoyed every single chapter and I can only hope that you'll post another Smallville story pretty soon.

NOM
LoisNClark4Ever chapter 9 . 8/12/2012
Congratulations on completing this fic. THANK YOU! The journey was well worth the ride and I truly appreciate you taking the time to attack the Lana "issue" between Clois.

The epilogue, wow, what can I say? I thought it was very brave of Lois to visit Lana and face her fears head on. Not just for Clark's sake, but for own peace of mind and closure. I think you've definitely hit the nail on the head when you had Lana say that all she was looking for was acceptance and to be a part of a family. How true. How true! For Clark it was his fear of being alone in the world. With Lois, she was afraid of being left behind. So for Lana to say this makes me happy to see they everyone found what they were looking for.

This story has been a pleasure to read and I hope in the (very) near future, you decide to write another Clois story. Thank you again for sharing. :)
madcloisfan chapter 9 . 8/12/2012
Loved it
HotChocolate329 chapter 9 . 8/11/2012
Epilogue it is over OMG I can't believe. I am so gonna miss this. It was the perfect way to end the Clana & Loliie closure.

Way nice. Thanks god for once Lana is not evil. Glad to that change too. You have no idea how much I love this fic. Thanks for sharing. Hope u will write more CLois. )
L.Malcolm chapter 8 . 6/24/2012
I was glued from beginning to end! AMAZING work, thank you for sharing it! D
LoisNClark4Ever chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
Wow! Great follow-up. Thanks again for tackling the "issues" behind the Clana arc AND for having Clark remind Lois why he hadn't "settled" for second best!

Epilogue coming up next. Can't wait! :)
madcloisfan chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
Loved it
imhooked chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
That was so worth the wait. Excellent story. You definitely fixed the mess the writers left. Absolutely great!
HotChocolate329 chapter 8 . 6/8/2012
awww that was so sweet & so romantic. I felt sorry for Lois when she asked if he slept with Lana. That of course bothered me too in the series.

U have really nicely written Clana closure. how CLois is the one who meant to be,, really nice.

I really loved it.
Eleid chapter 7 . 5/5/2012
pls up date. I come here every day and nothing!...pretty please, dont forget this!
sasslady chapter 7 . 4/13/2012
I really like revisiting the Lana years from a different angle. I think you show how very unsure Lana was of herself therefore destroying (not on purpose) every joy around her. While reading the story I was wondering why would Lois doubt Clark full commitment, she is a strong no nonsense person, but I guess I can understand why seeing Lana again brought back all the memories of the Clark/Lana years. I think Lois has a bit of insecurities too but was good at hiding it. That said she was never mean or hurtful or vindictive, even if she did not like someone she wold still help if the cause was just.

The chapter was so emotionally fulfilling that I don't even mind the cliffhanger (nice one by the way) but I can't wait to read Lois side of thinks.

keep it coming plse
GottaLoveThis chapter 7 . 4/10/2012
Yay! I have hope again! Clark talked Lois out of her crazy mind, and somehow convinced her not to push him off a cliff! haha! Now it's time to make sure she's got her head on right and for them both to move on from that hot mess called Lana.