Reviews for A Cautionary Tale
BattlesOnSkyscrapers chapter 1 . 4/12
Holy crap, the way you wrote this was amazing.
It was... I can't explain with words.
One cannot somply favorite this story once.
kairitheseventhprincessofheart chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Wow. That was quite stunning. I thought the word choices were beautiful, and it was altogether a brutal sort of lovely.
Rokiri chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Beautiful, unexplainably so.
sea-salt kisses chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Words can't describe how I felt about this. But I'll try.

This piece is exquisite. The detail, the characterization of Axel especially, it was all wonderful. I would have liked more behind the apparent sexuality between Axel and Roxas (was it mutual? did they do it out of 'love'? was it simply for carnal pleasure?) and how that came to be, more about how their relationship in general came to be, and I also would have liked to know what Axel meant when he said 'I have to fight your dreams, too.' What were Axel's dreams? Did they revolve around the same things as Roxas's dreams, or at least similar? Or were they about something different altogether?

Really though this was one of the best pieces about Axel and Roxas I've read this year. Potentially ever. There were just a few pieces that didn't meld together — that might have been what you wanted though.

...This piece was truly majestic.
Tiggerz16 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
This is so perfect. Really. And I'm sorry I don't have anything else to say, but any words I could come up with wouldn't do this story half the justice it deserves.
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Ahhhhhh, most gorgeous and heartbreaking. ;o; *basks in all the lovely language*
mumblybee chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
This story made me want to hide in a mountain of warm fuzzy blankets. But in a good way. In a freaking amazing way. Please never stop writing.
Superkawaiifreak chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
This is so mystical; it's actually taking some effort to interpret this. From what I understand, the numbers represent hours that pass during Roxas' sleep. At each hour, he learns something new about himself, but can't face his inner demons - the fact that this isn't set in an alternate universe makes it so much more interesting. This is why Roxas leaves the organization? It could all connect, being that he had strange dreams in KHII. Damn. I'll have to really think about this story, because not all of it is absolute, it's all fleeting and I have to reread certain phrases. I'm always so very excited to read your stories because you write so fucking well. I love that you take into consideration all of the details of a regular, published author. Every word, comma, capitalization, and syntactical structure means something. I respect you for that. In addition to keeping all these in mind, the quality of your works is so professional and perfect. This story is breathtaking and eye-opening. I'm glad I got the chance to read it - keep writing, you're fantastic.
bonjourmeadow chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
My goodness. Lovely as usual. I mean, absolutely ingenious.

And the poem at the end! The perfect supplement.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
you make me wish I was still around.
Light Within Darkness chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Oh my gosh.

This was beautiful. Roxas's dreams, the fairytale images, his dynamic with Axel, all of it. Just...wow.

Argh, I'm so in awe I don't even have a coherent comment for you! Here, take these Internets. I wish I could write half this well. :o
thiskindalove chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
I... honestly have absolutely no idea what to say about this. It's...

Holy god damn.

I have chills down my spine, and DAMN, it just makes me FEEL-

Speechless.

Completely, utterly speechless.
Empatheia chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I...

...am so happy this exists. I don't even know where to start.

How about the Prophet? Did you invent him, or is he from some canon I'm not familiar with? (He reminded me of the Angel of Death in Hellboy II, but I'm sure that's not it.) Either way, chilling.

And you know I'm a massive sucker from dreaming stories, so this was right up my alley, hnngh.

So much love for this, and you.