Reviews for Panchali
venusmelody chapter 2 . 9/4/2015
Awwww, yes, that ending 3

I love the way you write, how character-driven your stories are, and how theme-driven too. This is Jadeite and the Shitennou as we never managed to see them in the manga, and this is how Rei/Jadeite might have worked even though we have barely any hints at all. The crux of this story, about eternity, feeling trapped, expectations, they all feel like such natural extensions of canon while still being it's own. The writing itself is exquisite, the way you use words - exquisite. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Matchdoll777 chapter 2 . 10/29/2014
BEST Rei/Jadeite story in ! (in my opinion as of today at least)
Matchdoll777 chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
The best ReixJadeite story I've read here so far :D
BlueNovaBunny chapter 2 . 10/9/2014
I freaking love jadeite and rei stories and you truly matched rei's personality. It also most makes me want to update my hiatus story.
P e n n i e s chapter 2 . 11/3/2013
I swear... I felt like I was watching a movie. Not a story.
That's how amazing this beast was. Moving pictures through words alone - why aren't you publishing stories right now? Oh wait, then that would mean you wouldn't have time to write SM stories anymore D:

This whole idea of resentment toward reincarnation, FINALLY. Falling in love with your predicted soul-mate... I have wondered so long if I was the only one who thought it strange that no anime or non-anime ever tackled that issue. It's like everyone just went along with it, fine and dandy with fate pulling the strings, time and time again. I mean, hell, I would be mad to find that my destiny had been written out for me and that I would have no say in it. I would even go so far as to start doubting my own feelings because what if they're not my own, right?

What I find even more impressive (besides your writing ability and story and..just everything in general) was how you took the romantic idea of 'Love forever' and extended upon it. I know that if I hang around with a person too long - best friend/sister/bro/whatever - their presence can start chafing so I can only imagine what forever feels like. Gods. I'm just - I'm just freakin' speechless right now that I don't even know where to start or end.

Your in-depth analysis of Rei and Jedeite was just too damn beautiful for words. I love how you peeled open their insecurities and how you solved them in the end. Jedeite's insecurity was the most interesting, I think. Not that Rei's was any less captivating but his... the very power that defines him is also what brought him suffering. But of course I think Rei's oracle powers is probably one of the most tragic. To see the future repeatedly... to die and to see all your past lives and to continue to be stuck in that cycle over and over again... what a curse to have. I liked that line you inserted about how Rei thought she would know that she has found The One if they survived her fire... only to find that she had no one in the end because fire burns away everything. I have the same cynical mind-set (of course.. maybe not so much about the fire part) but I can resonate with her feelings of finding that special person only if they manage to jump through the loops but sometimes, love doesn't work like that and the only thing you'll get to show for it is loneliness.

Brilliant piece. You went beyond to just expanding upon these characters, which is a feat in itself; you brought insight to your readers as well. Kudos, kudos.
appalove chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
(p.s. that's a sincere comment, short due to lack of words! hope it didn't come off as sarcastic. i'm just speechless!)
appalove chapter 2 . 10/4/2013
Bravo. This is truly a fantastic story. Wow.
Sarcastic Strawberry chapter 2 . 8/21/2013
:O this was amazing! It was so sweet. I do hope you'll write more Rei/Jadeite fics

-Strawberry
Blue Jeans chapter 2 . 7/6/2013
I know I've read this story before, but I still like it immensely (and I am not certain if I reviewed it the first time). Thoughtful and explorative. It maps out a real relationship full of idiosyncrasies and conflicts due to the main characters' flaws from their clashing, imperfect personalities. Fantastic job!
feedthegrimmjows chapter 2 . 5/22/2013
Wonderful fanfic. So deep and nicely written. It was just enrapturing to read. Great work!
PrincessVamp chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
Wow, this was very touching and quite intense at parts! I loved it.
LovelyLytton chapter 2 . 5/7/2012
Apsara. How could you not tell me about this piece of sheer brilliance?

I read this at work, and as I was saying to Charlie, my colleage must think I'm slightly nuts because I was sitting here staring at the computer screen as if it were a mouse and I was cat. I think I barely blinked.

What a story. What a tour de force.

You will have to excuse me, but I have barely recollected myself. I cannot even quote my favourite lines because you outdid yourself here. You always write poetry, always, but this is even better than your other stuff, which I would have thought to be impossible because how can something be better than perfect?

You went from secret desires to kinky sex to crumbling relationships to action movie to heartbreak to wedding and it all made sense, every single moment. This story came full circle in the end and I almost clapped in joy. You made me root for Mars and Jadeite, fingers digging into my palm kind of rooting.

And your cast of secondary characters is fantastic too. You write a wonderful Nephrite, I hope I see more of him pop up in your writing from now on. He ruffles Rei's hair, for crying out loud, and it's a perfect moment of friendship with a little tinge of physical admiration thrown in.

And Kunzite... Kunzite, who almost died, saved only by Jadeite's sacrifice. Oh, the guilt. But their moment in the hospital was fantastic, and how Kunzite asks Mars to be kind after... Damn, you brought out all the stops for this one.

Your shapeshifting Jadeite is hands-down my favourite. He is the trickster king, elusive and smart and with a heart as a big as a country. I love him. You did so well, Apsara, so so well.

And now excuse me, I am going in for the first of many, many re-reads to follow.
B.Novus chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
This is absolutely perfect, beautiful.
Bin82501 chapter 2 . 10/19/2011
stunned again. incredible
Secret Agent Smut Girl chapter 2 . 6/23/2011
Breathtaking and perfect. The depth of this is staggering. Just lovely.