Reviews for Holography 3: As a Reminder and a Promise
Renewed Fan chapter 25 . 7/23
For me, this chapter provided emotional highs and intellectual lows. Initially the discusion between Amanda and Sarek regarding the employment of T-Rueth was very entertaining, and my heart sored when Sarek told Amanda he loved her (was this the first time?). When discussing whether to keep T'Lean, I laughed when Sarek said "I hope the decision does not come as painfully as the one about the cook."
But, like Sarek, I found the cook discussion painfully too long; and thought Amanda should have closed her mouth a long time ago. And how can Amanda ignore the fact that Sarek said he loved her? I never considered that an inelligent, well balanced Amanda would ignore such a revealing statement from her husband in favor of stoking the fire of her emotional conversation.
Renewed Fan chapter 22 . 7/21
Another great chapter. Sarek doesn't recognize the impact his Mother's position has on himself, so how can he recognize the impact to Amanda? And his reaction is a premonition to his future state of vrie. Wow, all your stories are tied together. And I enjoy your use of double meanings.

I am a bit curious though why you have ignored Spock's older brother from the movie. I recognize he doesn't fit in this wonderfully rich world you have created, and quite frankly I don't want Spock to have a sibling. I never liked that aspect of the movie. Are those your reasons?
Renewed Fan chapter 20 . 7/19
Loved the last two chapters. The characterization of Soffit and T'Prill is masterfull. I can visualize their exchanges. And Sarek's confidence in his command and concern for Amanda coming through in that one sentence. "And then he picked her up." You are a great writer.
Amy chapter 77 . 7/16
Great story! A little long in areas... Could use a little editing. But very enjoyable!
Very good. Thanks.
I love the picture of Mark firing T'Pau! And his horror when he realized what he'd done! It made me laugh harder than 99.999% of all the so-called humorous stories I've read. Thanks so much.
srmacrina chapter 77 . 12/25/2014
I do love this series and having finished number 3 and looking forward to starting again number 4. No better way to spend my brief Christmas relaxation time.
srmacrina chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Being now halfway through a complete re-read of what is available of the Holo series, I cannot encourage anyone enough to read it for a first - or second - time.

Truly the best fan fiction I've read.
Chaero chapter 77 . 11/14/2014
Hi Pat,

I just reread Holo 1 through 3 once again. I cannot tell you how enjoyable I find your writing. You have built such a complete Vulcan society with such rich, but flawed characters. Wonderful.
ilex-ferox chapter 77 . 9/24/2014
Thank you so much for all your wonderful stories, especially this one. You paint such a believable portrait of Vulcans and their society and how it impacts on others. The Holography series has had me enthralled in a way Fanfiction doesn't usually manage. I especially love your working of literary references into your text. (It was such a pleasure to discover what Austen meant by 'the starling said' - my edition doesn't have notes - and to discover a fellow 'Saki' reader.) Just as Sarek was almost making me hate him you gave him the identification of the P&P quote and I had to start to forgive him. There were times when I wondered how Amanda could be so weak, and others when you made the reader understand and accept her actions and reactions in a way that made her such a believable character. Life is not the fairy tale ending and she and Sarek are very flawed as hero and heroine but that just made it all so real.
Once again, many thanks for your incredible efforts - they are much appreciated and have given this reader much pleasure.
Guest chapter 77 . 8/16/2014
Really enjoyed the story.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/8/2014
*sigh.* this chapter is so sweet. Sarek is perfectly in character, and yet it's clear he loves her so much.
megan chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
This was one of the most well written suspenseful stories that I have read about Amanda and Sarek. I could not stop reading. It is a good thing Spock never found out about his Father's Vrie. It is only natural that a human mother would put the son before the father.
Illena chapter 63 . 6/7/2014
Tal'Shaya
What is the rite?
Laurie chapter 77 . 11/26/2013
Wow! Thank you again for your gift. The banter between Sarek and Amanda is always superb. I love how Sarek is invariably logical in his responses, except for the times when under his very human wife's influence, emotion comes through.

I really enjoyed T'Lean's insanely jealous villainy! I did cry out loud when I read the scene where she tried to take Amanda over the parapet with her.

Thank you so much for another incredible escape into Amanda's world.