Reviews for Trying to Make Fireworks
Shoryaku no neko chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Poor, poor Mercury ! So much for a nice walk around the beach.. True, about the scale stuff, bothering to take a car for a few meters ? Well, why not...

I just wish the game could let us beat them, after draining Dennis, and bring them all tied-up for Mer' to practice his punches... well, not everything can be perfect I guess, on top of that, LaCroix's hint about his personnel getting in the way made me think he already knew one way or another and that he just wanted to see if the character spills it out..
dropletsoflight chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
You are always great at writing Mercurio in action :)

The last few lines were my absolute favourite, even in pain he still has the presence of mind to annoy snotty Grace :)

Great story!
AilynSnape chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Well done. That was exactly what I'd imagine being Mercurio's story from the game. Dialog's great, too... Btw, what clan's the girl? Just to know...
Celeste chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Ah, great to read something from you again.

Poor Mercurio. He's in a horrible situation, really. His life literally depends on a confused young fledgling. While that may be a problem when it comes to fighting the drug dealers, it's likely that it helped him in the end. An older vampire probably wouldn't have bothered even asking if there's anything they can do, let alone actually getting some painkillers.

At least he gets both the morphium and the much needed blood - and a Malkavian gets a chance at taking his car for a joyride. :D
Loving Companion Cube chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Arrr, I see what you did here!

I think there's enough depth. At last for me. It gives a nice insight about Mercurio's messed up assignment, a painful lession that he's still human, can bleed and feels pain. A lot of it. That he made an amateur mistake because the vampire blood makes him feel like frigging Superman.

LoL moment for me: as he cursed LaCroix's name and the Kindred society! Definetely a moment of awesome and his train of thoughts how to cover the mess (Malkavian joyride. I an picture that xD), his polite response to the female PC while thinking the total opposite. Shows his roots from an age where cursing in front of women was a no-go.

I say great work and a great joy to read something about my favourite ghoul in the game!
HarlequinEternity chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Not bad. Not so much depth, but this section doesn't exactly give a little of reason for it.

A little prologue/prequel, perhaps?
yingyanggirl chapter 1 . 2/24/2011