Reviews for A Council of Hobbits
The little Shireling chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
This is a brilliant poem! I especially love that it is made up with quotes!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Good poetry, but I think more needs to be added to it, and each section of the poem needs something to connect it to the other sections.
Her Royal Nonsense chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I know this is one of your older pieces so I hope you don't mind that I chose this one to review - but I'm always thrilled to find a LotR fic in the tag.

First of all, as I've said to other people who've written great poems here - I'm always super impressed and a little envious of writers with great poetic chops, everything I've tried my hand at is always such a hot mess, haha.

This has a flow to it that's quite magnificient and mirrors certain snippits in time quite well. It's very short, but you manage to convey so much in so few words. Very nicely done.
Emily Mae chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I liked the alternating speakers in this, particularly the line about "you were once not so different from a hobbit" (which is actually what caused me to choose this poem in the first place!). Gollum has always struck me as such a sad, pitiable character and I think you touch on that nicely here.
Whiitewolf chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Coming across this made me remember my love for Lord of the Rings. And this poem was awesome.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
A great story. Very well written.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I thought that this was effectively short. You don't waste time with unecessary words and that makes this a powerful piece. Very well done!
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
This was a good poem.

However, I was confused when each speaker said a line or verse, but I'm positive the four speakers were Frodo, Smeagol, Sam, and Gollum.

Good job.

-Aria Breuer
IronSpockMaster chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
First off, I really like the way this is set out. I like the way all of the different hobbits are talking but it's hard to tell which ones are speaking when. It's really effective.

I like the ending, where Smeagol wants to be saved and he pretty much repeats what the last hobbit said.

It would be great if it was a bit longer.
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
I think you've got 4 speakers in this poem, right? Frodo, Sam, Smeagol, and Gollum. I love how you've fit their words together. I especially like the last line - it's very powerful.