Reviews for Cradle And All
amenokuma chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Oh man this was painful but very thought provoking and well written.
pink9571 chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
This is so sad!
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
This was quite interesting. It took me a few moments to catch on that this was AU-ish of sorts, but after that I loved it. I always love these sorts of subjects, especially when whether it's real or not starts getting all fuzzy, since it's just as probable as the canon. The ambiguity of it, the fact that the characters in the facility aren't horrifically cruel and still seem to care about Allen, is what really makes stuff like this fascinating.

Poor Allen, I felt so sorry for him...but at least something changed a little for him, at the very end, and everybody was with him. Personally I am of the opinion that he died, since...lethal injections are lethal for a reason, and they were a little too late. But at least he wasn't in pain, or alone. :(

As for speculations on what happened? For a while there I was sort of thinking it was a weird result of defeating the Earl and Noahs...not necessarily a "reincarnation" of Allen going into a new life so much as, say, the world getting "reset" when he inevitably lands the final blow (not entirely unlike the idea that the world was reset during the original Noah's Ark Flood story I guess lol). Allen is left with the memories of the world as it was due to causing the reset, as well as several corpses of the dead guys who now appear murdered but weren't in the original timeline. It's probably more than a little depressing to get accused of something you didn't-exactly-do and be trapped all alone as the only one who knows what happened, especially when your closest friends are still trying to help you and don't even understand the scenario. I expect it would be more than a little maddening, and maybe he even tries to retcon his memories to fit the new situation, which is why some of them don't quite match up to canon DGM...it's not like it's unusual to him, what with the whole 14th situation and all...

But...maybe that's just me. Lol.

(As a side note, I thought everybody's alternate-universe jobs were oddly fitting. Particularly, for some reason, Lavi as a psychologist. I'm guessing his observational abilities would go a long way in picking apart brains).

Either way, a very enjoyable read that made me think, which is always good. The writing style is to the point but still has a few moments of very nice description, and Allen's stream-of-consciousness mumbling when he tries to explain things is both interesting and eerie.

Nice job :)

~VelkynKarma
Eventideless chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Wow... I love this one. This made me cried thrice You made such a mysterious ending, too. I haven't seen anything like this before. It's so sad that humans made decision, especially to kill other humans, without the necessarily evidences or reasons. It gets more tragic when the victims are innocents. I find it hard to think positif of humans for this reason.

Was everything Allen experienced were only fantasies? Was Allem really innocent? I don't really know how to answer those questions and I think that I will left those unanswered.

You made this story seemingly dark and thrilling, I like it . You did a great job *two thumbs up*.

Hmm...you wouldn't mind if I add this to my favorites, right?
NeoreMyce chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I'm in awe. It was so... so. I don't know what to say. So full of feelings, so deep, so animate, so creative, so interesting, so sad... I nearly cried but managed to stop the tears cause i don't like them but that doesn't mean they were less meaningless. You wrote it really-really well I can say nothing bad about the story. Actually this is the third time i read it but it doesn't cease to amaze me how this story can wrap me in a different world. Excellent job. Can't say more.
Candle Joker chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
A really interesting oneshot indeed. I also have a thing for crazy maincharacters, especially if they are so non-crazy otherwise xD Well I got this Alice in Wonderland feeling when I read this. That you don't really know what's real and fake :)
ajunkboat chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
hmm i really enjoyed this story actually... it was strangely compelling and its ambiguity made it particularly fantastic. im really glad you left it that way, and didnt form a true conclusion, it had a peculiar reality about it somehow... i dont even know lol but it was just really well written and great despite not really having a true plot. it was just unanswered questions and allusions to a story, and that made it such a great read somehow. i really really liked this fic :)
csibpip chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
It was totally awesome! I've just fell in love with this story and your writing style! The idea itself is really imaginative! I was completely fascinated by this! Thank you very much for the story!
nightserenade chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
This was absolutely a terrific read. I loved it from start to finish.

The suspense kept me on my toes as I read, the creepiness of it sending shivers through me. I loved how you wrote it, and the entire idea of it was mesmerizing, unique, and enirely amazing.

Though to some it may be confusing, and to some they may not like how you left many things unnanswered, I thought it was better that way, since the entire fic was meant to be mysterious.

It was so enthralling, and I was so disappointed when it ended! But you ended it in a fantastic way that left me so heartbroken, but so fulfilled because I'd loved reading it so much.
Uniasus chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Well, personally I see Allen dying at the end of this. I have such a thing for angst . And while I'd like to believe he's innocent, as see the modern day Noah as human and their lack of super-powers should have tipped Allen off to not kill them, I'm again more inclined to think Allen just went crazy and killed them while insane.

Wonderful story!
Angel-Dust-Ryuuki chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I love how you teased our mental ability while we read this.
azab chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
i loved it a lot and i loved your writing a lot and i can't stop crying to tell you about what i think
Famelia Ly chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
I strongly believe you should make this a multi-chaptered fic.

I found it very well-written and very intriguing till the end

The ending made me cry, really. I would love it if you somehow continued it. I hope youll at least take the time to consider it xD
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
That was heart-wrenching. I really liked the way you scattered the flashbacks in there, and the whole, remembering the past life. It was slightly creepy at times, and I imagined myself having to deal with someone like this and it made my skin crawl.

And I kind of like the idea that Allen dies and will then later be reborn, either at a later or earlier time. (Time is circular, you know )
moyashi-neechan chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Sad. Disturbing. Creepy. Tear Jerker. And really something that makes a reader think. It was also written beautifully. The phasing was really good too. The story really draw me in. I love it. Great work~