Reviews for For a Season, There Must Be Pain
SagaDevotee chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
i'm at a loss...beautiful and romantic and tragic and sexy. I loveit.
Nisa Cullen chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
So hard to read through the tears but beautiful!
A Single Fragile Rose chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Very beautifully done, and also truly believable. One of the best one-shots I've ever read about these two. Love how you write, hun. Adore you and good luck. Ja xo :-)
boredandhomealone chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
What an amazing story. I loved the style of this piece. Great job.
Marie One chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Great story and sometimes love comes slowly.
Rita01tx chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
I'm just now finding this? God...sobbing my eyes out, but it's so beautiful! Thanks!
Alice's White Rabbit chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Wow! This was incredible. At first, I thought is was just going to be another alternate ending of Breaking Dawn. Boy, was I wrong. This was such an amazing story of how love can change and evolve through such tragedy. I bawled my eyes out when I realize that both Esme and Bella were gone. How heartbreaking for Carlisle and Edward. And, for Renesmee- she basically lost both her parents and grandparents. But, the ending was beautiful. Love comes in many different ways to each person at different times.

Thanks!

Sally
lovepath chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Read this last night with tears pouring down my face nearly the whole time. Reread this morning and cried again. Pretty powerful writing, nice choice of style of writing.

I don't know if this feels like Carlisle's voice to me, but it feels like it could be. Mostly it feels "true," not necessarily Carlisle. There are pieces that feel more human than vampiric. It's well crafted and details the emotional development well. It's interesting because when the Cullens have talked in the past about vampires who lose their mates, it's never been in the context of a large, loving family (the Volturi are not a loving family). Naturally they would no longer turn to the Volturi to die - could not expect their family to help - and Edward would not leave Renesmee alone. An eternity of widowhood, but with other family that you love. Hmm. Interesting thought, anyway, and good story.
telephonegirl chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Have not read this type of story before can not see Edward and Carlisle as lovers, yet strangely enough I enjoyed it. It was a totaly different kind of story to ones I usaually read, you wrote sympatheticaly and have been able to give us readers another take on Calisle and Edward
LA91 chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
loved this :)
Zoya Zalan chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
This is such a beautiful, yet bittersweet story. So rich and multi-dimensional. Incredible writing! I laughed and got all teary-eyed...it tugged at all my heartstrings in just the right way. Bravo to the author. :)

My only nitpick: there is no way daffodils would be blooming in Madison, Wisconsin the first week of March. Trust me; I live here. The ground is still frozen solid at that point. Spring doesn't begin to happen until mid April at the very earliest (*and* if we're extremely lucky). So, slight research error there. Otherwise, a truly brilliant story!
imbatnan chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Conversed (Kate) rec'd this story. Said it made her feel "inadequate". I expect she meant as a writer, which shows her humility and good taste-even if she doesn't see herself clearly. :)

I loved this story.

I have a friend who's been asking about fanfic, and I wish I could send this to her as an example of what great fanfic can be: you ask "what if?" and then, staying true to the canon characters, unfold the answer with writing so extraordinary, it would make SM weep with jealousy and admiration.

(Unfortunately, non-canon pairings - let alone non-het pairings - are def not the way to introduce this particular friend to ffn. Maybe someday, though.)

Thanks for a great read.
Dantelover051386 chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Hallo, so lovely of a story. i feared from the start that somethng bad happened to Esme and bella and it did. they died protecting nessie. edward ran after losing his mate bella and the pain he was in. so did carlisle after losing his mate. wholly understandable. i do not blame edward for leaving alice and rose to take care of nessie while edward dealt with his grief. i cannot fault him for that. i was worried that edward blamed nessie for bellas death and the irrational part of him that is grieving for his mate bella does, but the father who loves his daughter came around and loves his daughter dearly.

now, as for edward and carlisle coming together as a couple. we cannot say for certain that they were always gay. no, they were loyal to there mates bella and esme and loved them dearly. after there deaths edward and carlisle simpply found love again, but with each other and i cannot fault that. love is love. there is no label on love regardless of sex or color. it is possible for a straight man to love another man and make him his lover and not be gay or bi. its the person not the sex of the person. edward and carlisle went from companions to finding love with there mates esme and Bella to loss and finding love unexpectedly with each other and theres not a damn thing wrong with hat.

alice yes, she strikes me as more open as jasper. he can feel the love they share for one another and know that its true. rose on the other hand...is rose. given her past i would say she will eventually come around as she did with bella. also take in consideration the time in which rose is from. being gay was not favored well. hell, in carlisles time and edwards it wasnt favored well. bloody hell, face...even in this day and age there are some that still frown uppon being gay. thats there hang up. time are improving, but not enough. for me love is love and you should be made to feel shame for loving the same sex or different color. we should all have the same rights in having love, marriage and be able to raise children regardless of the sex of your spouse or life partner. how can any love thats faithful and true be considered evil.

as for emmett saying it was fucked up...well, maybe thats his belief or the age he was raised in. that really does having a baring on your beliefs. if you are raised my bigots and racists and in a age that hates gays or a particular race then your beleifs tend to follow the same unless you break the mold away from that thinking.

maybe its just that ive read so many stories of a understanding and open minded emmett and to read that he thinks there love and relationship is fucked up really pisses me off. its really nice to see that edward and carlisle is not letting the negitative opinions get in the way of there romance. hopefully the family will come together incuding emmett. i know there newfound romance is alot to take in considering the love they shared with there mates bella and esme and to suddenly be envolved with one another in a gay romance, but again...love is love. who knows. maybe they always had this love for one another, but never acted on it. they met and loved there singers. evil took them away and they finally came together as much more than companions. sounds like fate to me folks. esme had her place as carlisles wife, bella had her place as edwards wife and mother of his child ... mother of nessie and i am positive that if esme and bella was here they would all be with there mates for eternity. they will never be forgotten. i know for a fact esme and bella would want edward and carlisle to be happy and love one another.

lovely tale. cheers,
noddin chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I didn't notice this was Carlisle & Edward when I started reading it. It took me a while to figure it out, but I think it made it even more interesting. I really liked the story and the premise behind it. Very well written.
faireyfan chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Beautiful. I had to sit and just take time to reflect on all the layers of this story. I think it will stay with me for a while, and I shall favourite it, so that I can reread whenever I like. I especially love Carlisle dancing closer to an embarrassed Edward at the Supremes concert. It's the type of thing I do to my teenage daughter, and my mom and I used to dance to the Supremes together. Thank you so much for sharing.