Reviews for Not Quite the Next Superman
ZoeysZone chapter 1 . 7/26
I wish there was more. This was cute, I was getting a little scared of Alfred, hoping he wouldn't spiral down the dark path that all superheroes seem to teeter on. I was kinda hoping to see Matthew finding out about the superhero thing. I love Arthur and Francis in this fic, despite how little they were in it. I also enjoyed the way you went about narrating it, where it felt like you were talking directly at me, made me think about the movies and plays when they have the narrator talk like that. I've read a few of your other fics and I think you are a very talented writer and I hope you continue writing. :) Have a good day.
sjfhufdsfdjfhdj chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I would like to know what happens when (if?) Mattie discovers that Alfred is BAMF. Awesome name, by the way.

I would definitely read more of this.
You should continue.
IndulgedByTheRaven chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Very intresting! :)
AngelicDemon97 chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
this is amusing. i'm just slightly apprehensive of where mock superheroing can go but i guess i'll tag along for the ride
Clorixi chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
this, this is pure love.
Shikajino chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Epic 'aww's and lawls.

I'm officially in love with BAMF. Yupp. It's love, I say!

Anyway, I really actually liked this a lot.

It's very well put together.

And...if you decide to continue it, I wouldn't argue. At all.

Apollo Pompano chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
I really love your writing style. It's so direct but still mature and very, very slippery.

I was a little urked by the sudden skip there, but I'm curious as to see where you're headed with it if you didn't include most of the relationship building. I'll be looking forward to more.
Mrs. Thanduil chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
This, is a great start to a fantastic story.

It's amazing how this AU is taking form, Alfred's heroism taken to a slight extreme, and his inability to see that he, himself is falling into the anti-hero category.

Love it. And I'm just jealous of your ability to characterize them, you flesh them out in your fics and you have no idea how amazing that is.

Carry on dear, please.
KAACHI chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
OMG! BEST STORY EVER! Is it ok for me to make it into a comic(well one scene i liked a lot)
Rui.RuiChan chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Again, another awesome story from you. Please, please continue this...
Yuki Valons chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Yay, I love reading your USCAN stories.

I didn't like "Watchmen" that much either, but I did enjoy "Kick-Ass".

Hero!Alfred without superpowers is really interesting to read, and I can't help but wonder what will happen when he is finally revealed as the vigilante.

I get a feeling that Mattie is closing one eye to the extent of Al's injuries, especially since they don't seem to stop getting worse.

I'd like to see a continuation of this, maybe something that's around 6-ish chapters? Not too short and not too long :)
Anon chapter 1 . 2/25/2011

Please continue. Hero!Alfred is so charming. He's mad, of course, but in a cute and interesting way. I want discovery drama with Matthew!

BAAA thank you
aaamily chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
loved it!

i can just see alfred doing something like this

pretty please continue?
Orsenna chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
bluechaser chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
YESSSSS more USCAN! I literally squee'd when I saw you updated another one. I like the "taste of the future" part. What a creative way of writing 3