Reviews for The Greatest Gift: Outtakes and Deleted Scenes
nysue chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I really enjoyed this! I loved finding out what everyone else was thinking as they watched E and B at dinner. Vincent is a piece of work! Esme seems very determined to try to make up for letting Edward down, as she sees it. Alec is adorable! We've got to get him a woman! This was a great idea. I'm looking forward to more.
muzaklover chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Good chapter. I loved it.
EC4me chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I really love all these outtakes and backstories. They make the main story so much fuller and richer. Esme deserves to feel guilty. They could see how damaged Edward was and just continued to neglect him, although in a kinder way. There's no excuse for them not getting Edward some counseling at least. Still hindsight is always great and sometimes it's hard to see the bigger picture while you're in it. Emmett deserves no blame. He was a little boy himself and even as he got older I can't see when things ever came to the point till now that he could have asked questions.
Nrbl1 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
This was perfect! A little look into almost everyone :). Poor Edward really looking forward to know in more depth what happened in Ireland.
EdwardandBella4everFan chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I absolutely loved this outtake and getting a glimpse into all these other characters. Thank you!
MedusaInNY chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
My Erin,

How wonderful and amazing to get into everyone else's heads!

I don't think I will ever fully understand Esme or Carlisle's reactions to how Edward was when they brought him home. I don't know that I could have that hands-off attitude when clearly a child is so broken. I think if the child was that broken and wouldn't speak to me, I would have contacted the police department and found out all they knew. On the other hand, the police didn't get anything out of him either. The social worker said that he hadn't spoken a word since he had arrived. I guess no one could really give them answers, but to leave a child suffering, which he was as evidenced by the fact that he wouldn't speak to them, just seems, neglectful. Really, hadn't our Edward been neglected enough? The guilt that Esme is feeling is absolutely justified. Thank goodness for Isabella.

Seth was awesome as always! As much as he loves Isabella and Edward, I think it is a good thing he's an angel and not human, or I fear that Vincent would be a bloody, pulpy mess!

I loved Anna's observation that "She loves him." Sometimes, it really is as simple as that. Isabella said it in the beginning when Edward first had his life-altering change. She may not have always liked him, but she always LOVED him. I think all of us could take a page from that book.

Alec tickles me. He has a crush on our Isabella, but not a disrespectful one. He knows his place and that is as Edward and Isabella's friend. He is loyal and true to them and I think that is beautiful.

Poor Emmett broke my heart with his realization that he never asked Edward why he didn't like baseball. We all know from reading it from the trip to Emmett's house with Edward and Isabella that Edward's father refused to play with him or help him learn, so that would be an awful memory. I fear that the rest of the family will find out just how terrible that Edward had it in Ireland. That will not be a pretty day. Of course, I think when everyone finds out, they will maybe understand why Edward was ... Edward.

This was remarkable! It was fascinating to get into the heads of the others and see what they were thinking.

I can not wait until Sunday!
Jeni K chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
WOW I loved the insight to how everyone is seeing things now, and in the past. Im feeling really hatefull feelings to Carlisle and Esme still, I know that may change in later chapters. I think they should have tried harder with Edward. I cant be mad at Emmett, he was only 10 to begin with. Alec was interesting to read, I cant wait to see more of him.
sugunary chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
So great to see more perspectives on E&B lives. A few more pieces to the puzzle.
Bennyjo4 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
/Thank you for the little extra peek into the other characters minds. It goes without saying that I love your story and appreciate any thing that you can give us while we wait for Sunday to roll around.
motherbeatrice chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I love this out take, its so nice getting some background on the various characters in the story. I love the whole story so much, it is our gift from you!
zeeber chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
wow Erin, a lot of background info. Everyone is in such awe of Bella and Edward. I'm having trouble with Esme not doing more when they first got Edward. The social worker told her of problems with Edward, and she just let it fly. Big chunk of blame on her and Carlisle for doing that.

So Seth picked to be in charge of Edward's human life. Seth was just like Edward when he was humam, same problems? Makes sense...so he knows how to fix things from experence? Then you say that Seth isn't on his game...please don't pull his help from Edward.

Alec and friends are true friends. They will stand by Edward & Bella and the company...this is good. Can't have too many friends with the likes of Vincent around.

Emmett feeling guilty for not asking about Edwards past. He should. I know he was little but as they grew up, he had to see all the trouble, and if he loves Edwards as much as he says so, surely he would ask questions about his past to see if he could help. Dusting it under the rug is never good. The pile of dust just gets deeper and deeper...

love your story, can't wait for the next chapter...

As always, thank you for your words...Brenda
CdrIvanova chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Loved this so much! Thanks for posting outtakes ... they're terrific!
KhysserKat chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I loved this. It's so funny how everyone is in awe over Edward and Isabella. It's hard to conceive because we just picture them together perfectly so much. I loved the extra dose of Seth and young Emmett and Edward are just precious. Can't wait for the next outtake should be good.

~KK
gnrclln chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Good outtake. Wow, I wonder how Alex feels about Isabella? I can't wait for more.
sherryola chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Hey Erin,

Oh, how I loved this!

My favorite parts were Esme and emmett. I ached for poor Edward in Esme's memories and felt bad that she and carlisle had not done more to help the poor boy. But emmett, oh i just wanted to hug that ten-year-old boy! so happy to have a brother and so hurt by the baseball thing. That really breaks my heart!

Now I'm ready for sunday. Oh, sinday hurry.

By the way, are the stories you rec on your favorites list, and if not, could you send me links, either by email or twitter? FFN is really hard to search for an individual story or author for me.

Wonderful as always.