Reviews for Parallel Battles
sarahsrr chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
Sorry this is late and very short but a great one shot. This time about Dean's pain and demons coming out. Poor Dean is always left to care for everyone and fix their problems. Getting Sam back and his soul. And then after a difficult case remembering his guilt at leaving Lisa and Ben. But in the end Dean and Sam need to be together as brothers to work though the bad and good times. And with Sam at Deans side they can do it. Wonderful as always!

Sarah
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Oh my gosh! This was beautiful! I loved it! I haven't gotten to read much the last few weeks and what a gorgeous, touching, goosebump-inducing reminder of why I love fan fiction so much. This was perfect. Yeah, I'm not what you would call a huge fan of Lisa and Ben either. I'm a fan only because I'm grateful for what their characters were able to do for Dean. I never hated them but at the same time, I don't feel they have much place in this story. I believe like you that Dean did love them. I also believe that it was more of a situational, out-of-other-options, I'm-here-cuz-I-promised-my-brother, thank-you-for-taking-care-of-me, obligated, I-care-about-you-but-my-brother-comes-first, kind of love. If their lives had been different, maybe. But their lives aren't different and Sam is more than Dean's brother. Sam is Dean's little brother, his responsibility, his only real family, the only person who understands Dean, the only person who knows everything about Dean, the only person who knows absolutely everything that has happened to Dean, the only person who has experienced the same things as Dean, his best friend, his partner, his son, his soul mate. More than that even, and this is not a slash or sexual thing in any way at all, but Sam is the one true love of Dean's life. Dean has never loved anyone as wholly as he has Sam. And in return, Dean has never been loved by anyone as wholly as he has by Sam. Dean would give up his life for a lot of different people, strangers even. But he would only give up his soul and has given up his soul for one person. And only one person would do the same for him. Yes, their father gave up his soul for Dean, but I believe John did that for Sam and Dean, not just Dean. If he thought he had a hope in hell of saving Sam from his destiny, maybe he wouldn't have done that. But he knew the only one that could watch out for Sam and do what needed to be done to save him was Dean. Sam would never have responded to anyone else but Dean. It's such a heartbreaking story but at the same time it is so heartwarming. They have people who have loved them and who do love them but not like this. They literally cannot be whole without each other. I think you did a fabulous job of getting into Dean's head. I'm sure Dean feels guilty about Lisa and Ben but it's not that soul-aching sense of responsibility and need that he feels for Sam. I think it sometimes frustrates both of them, their inability to survive without each other, but they accept it. I'm sure it's hard but the good definitely out weighs the bad. You know what else is so incredible about these two? Not just that they have each other's backs and that they trust each other to have each other's backs but that Sam would never trust someone else with Dean more than himself and Dean would never trust someone else with Sam more than himself. Lisa was right when she said they had the most dysfunctional tangled up situation ever. But thank god for that because if they didn't, there's no way they would have succeeded in beating Heaven, Hell, and everything in between. I think Purgatory has its work cut out for it. This Mother Of All may be a BAMF but she hasn't met the Winchesters yet. I loved your thoughts on this. This was so well written and just a perfect example of why I love these characters and their story so much. I cannot wait to read your next story! Thank you so much for this! *hugs*
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
"Sam provides a distraction from the feelings. Fixing Sam. Keeping Sam alive, together, functioning has become his purpose. Hell, it has always been his purpose." - Exactly. I'm such a sucker for big brother Dean.

"For every time when Dean is ready to give up, for every second he thinks he just can't do it anymore...Sam will be there, and the weight on his shoulders will lessen infinitely. Sam will support him when he thinks he can't go on. And with his brother by his side, Dean knows he can do anything. Memories be damned." - The same could be said from Sam's POV, too. As along as they're together, they can handle anything. I sincerely hope the writers of the show remember this and give it to them (and us) for the rest of the season.

This was a nice tag. Not used to reading Dean-centric, sympathetic-to-Lisa stories from you (LOL), but it was nice! :)
cold kagome chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
OMG! LOVE IT
Writing For The Wall chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Oh my god! I have the perfect review for this one! "you shouldn't have used the word grievances...negative experiences maybe?" LOL! love ya dollface!
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
First...I. Freaking. Loved. It. I'm in awe on how well you captured Dean. You nailed him. /sighs happily/ Wonderful job. Literally, this just blew me away. I don't think I can even come semi-close on giving this justice. It was just amazing.

I love it...this has my day made on so many levels. I've been hoping you would do a Dean so wow! is me when you did. I feel like I'm floating on clouds after reading this. It was just so excellent.

Second...I think I'm gonna go read it again. :D

Lots of love,

-M
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I really, really liked this! I'm not a big fan of Lisa and Ben but I can see that Dean must care about them - not the way he cares about Sam, of course, but he probably does want them to be safe and happy.

I love the way you've gotten into Dean's head!
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
This is a good way of showing Dean struggles with his memories as a companion to Sam's memory struggles also. They are always in it together.

Really nice and deep thoughts.
Tango Eight chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Awesome story! Very well written!

When are you going to write another NCIS story? D hehe...

~Tango 3
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Wow. You have seriously outdone yourself bunny. I am...speechless? First of all, you managed to ignore your LisaHate and write this. Which I know must have been incredibly difficult for you. Secondly, you dived right into Dean's mind and carved him out like a pumpkin. (Which is impressive, because I know you havn't even carved a pumpkin before!) Stupendous work. And you know what, I am favoriting this story. I don't care if people think I'm biased because you're like my best friend in the entire universe and we share a fanfic account. I am favoriting it. Love you Bunny!
xenascully chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
aweee:) LOVED it! I love your depiction of Dean's different level of love for Sam, than for Ben and Lisa... Awesome job, luv! :)