Reviews for Advent
Raxacoricosupercalifragilicio chapter 3 . 9/16/2011
...Dark. And maybe sweet, you know, if you look at it long enough. But, honestly, it is beautiful and sort of has this feeling of impending doom to it. But it's Death Note. Everything has a feeling of impending doom to it. At least, if it's written right.

Nice.
Taffeta Lace chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
you know, i read this story once, before i joined fanfiction and i (regrettably) did not save it. I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to find this story.

it is beautiful, really

bravo to you
phollie chapter 3 . 3/2/2011
I know I said that I would re-review the Near chapter and then review this one, but...honestly, I need to get this out, while it's still burning white-hot right in my gut.

I'm shaking. This chapter has rendered me a shaking, weeping mess. Because I think, even if it wasn't intentional, you got inside of my head here and you curled your hands around the most sensitive, painful thread and you tugged and tugged at it, and out came this.

And it's gorgeous. This pain, it's gorgeous. I've always thought of myself as more of a Mello than anything, but I think you've changed my mind on that here. All because of this line:

"...but he's so much better when he's the supplemental. When he's filling in the gaps. When's he's somebody else's second."

Have you ever been told that your someone's favourite thing to fill the empty space? There is nothing more painful in the world, I think. Which is probably why I started crying when I reached that line. Which is probably why I can relate so much to this story that it’s almost embarrassing, almost insane.

The image of Matt being pulled away when he reaches the gates is stunningly poignant. I wish I could paint it, or animate it, or do it even a scrap of justice, because it’s beautiful and says SO MUCH.

And the fact that, even in this institute of logic and coldness, Matt still wishes Mello had said goodbye, had sealed their friendship with just a single word before flitting off into the dark world beyond those gates.

God, my heart.
NickyFox13 chapter 2 . 2/26/2011
There's something almost eerie about how you write Near but I like it. As always, I love love love your poetic writing style. I also really loved how you made the poetic writing into something more clipped to suit Near's personality.

AMAZING work, as usual! I love how this story's going and I eagerly await for more.
phollie chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
You know, I'm so used to writing the fucked-up, oversexed, hellfire version of Mello that's all scars and curses, that sometimes I forget just how much I love him as a child. And it's beautiful that you were the one to remind me of that.

My love, I can't explain how happy I am that you're writing Death Note again, or how ecstatic I am at the fact that you're writing THESE three. This is going to be beautiful, and this IS beautiful. The image of little Mello, shrouded in that golden glow of the sun, before he's gripped in the paws of the world outside of those red bricks and that old gate - god, Bialy, I think I love your writing more every time I read it, and I think I love Mello more every time you write him.

This line made the story for me: "He's always been the chaos in amongst the angels, the sudden shattering of un-sound"

I can't wait for more of this. Even though you're still testing the waters again, the water has never looked so clear and promising before. I love you. 3333
NickyFox13 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I adore your amazingly vivid description to bits and pieces because I feel like I'm reading poetry. I love your writing so much and I can't wait to read the next chapter.