Reviews for Till Death Do We Part
Rose Malmaison chapter 25 . 9/28
Excellent, touching story. I marked this year's ago on my LJ as a story I recommended. At the time it was a WIP. I've just read the whole thing and of course I had tears streaming down my face. I think that this was one of the first stories I read when I became interested in NCIS, and I also have a feeling it influenced me when I started writing fanfiction. I particularly like the story, near the end, when Tony is upset because he doesn't know what his future holds,or how to handle it now the parameters he's been living with have been removed.
Cackymn chapter 25 . 2/20
Something tells me Abby is going to be in the picture. She is the biological mother after all. I find that right, even with Tony and Jethro as the official parents.
In general, I think the Tibbs happening around the fact of Tony's illness was the most compelling and the more complete idea. The large theme of a relationship interrupted and resumed, of them always having belonged to one another, was the one you worked out to my satisfaction. Even though it was Tony's story, I felt the investment by Gibbs, and it was very solid. Thank you for the work that went into this, and the feelings I enjoyed. :-)
Cackymn chapter 24 . 2/20
Very nice!
Cackymn chapter 23 . 2/20
I really appreciate the exploration of Tony's difficulties now that he knows he is going to live. I also want to compliment the very real-seeming differences between his relationship with Jethro and his friendship with Abby. Extremely well done. And the baby is back in the story-line! For someone who doesn't normally take an interest in kids, I am getting into it. Thanks!
Cackymn chapter 22 . 2/20
Oh god I hope they are happy together. Certainly Tony will recover and regain a sense of security in hs relationship with Gibbs, right?
And um, he still has to her about the baby?
Cackymn chapter 19 . 2/20
Yes you are evil but thanks for saying they will come out of it. :-)
Cackymn chapter 18 . 2/20
Cackymn chapter 17 . 2/19
Cackymn chapter 16 . 2/19
Very powerful conflicts you've set up here. Excellent. Tony wants at least a chance of seeing his child grow up, and Jethro is terrified of losing him sooner than necessary. Abby already knew about the time bomb, but she will feel unbearably guilty if Tony dies from the surgery, as though she ruined everything for everyone.
Cackymn chapter 15 . 2/19
Cackymn chapter 14 . 2/19
Oh this was difficult for Tony and Abby both. I can't imagine how awful it is for Tony thinking he has lost Gibbs. But you mad me feel it. And I loved how completely straightforward Abby was. She would just hate being the reason the boys aren't together, and I loved her telling Gibbs exactly what he needs to do. She is truly looking out for Tony's happiness.
Cackymn chapter 13 . 2/18
Oh Noooooo. Ack. I'm gonna have to get back to you on this, haha! I mean I know it can and does happen, but I don't know if I can handle it! Really excellent dialogue btw, and I love the informal way you write Tony's internal thoughts.
Cackymn chapter 12 . 2/18
Oh crap another malformed artery. This is so scary.
I'm not convinced, though, that Tony would actually believe he'd been abandoned just because Gibbs wasn't there at he moment. On the other hand, our deepest fears are not rational but rather an indication of what matters the most. And Tony was just waking up, expecting Gibbs, confused, incredibly vulnerable. And having his best friend there instead of Jethro might be more worrisome than waking up to no one at all.
Whatever he believed, I think he just needed Gibbs so badly that his mind went there and he couldn't help it until he saw him again. His pain was heartrending in any case. And Gibbs' response was beautiful. About going home for a shower? Yep. Stuff happens when you do that. It has with me anyway. :-/
Cackymn chapter 11 . 2/18
Cackymn chapter 10 . 2/18
Oh. So personal and so lovely. I like that they talk now. I like that the weekend went so well. I like that each knows more or less where he stands, how he feels, and that if Gibbs is concerned about how to keep it going when they couldn't before, it seems the answers are ready and available. I love that Jethro's response was unequivocal and oh so deeply loving. He doesn't want to waste another minute. Tony's insight about their breakup not being a breakup meshed perfectly. Tony's trepidation and courage blew me away. It makes me teary-eyed to know that his fear of losing Gibbs, "the only person he'd ever really been in love with," will not be realized. I love that deep-down they've always been there for each other and always known. Known they belong to each other.