Reviews for Grapevine Fires
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
i don‘t know if i like Gale; i really never paid much attention to him. however i do enjoy the relation he shares with Primrose. it’s special and i think you mastered that well.

my favourite was him losing both girls at one because of the bomb. and also the hauntedness of the Prim’s death. or, how he can hear her after it all and how there wouldn’t be ‘gale’ flowers.

actually i loved it all, so faved.
-— deanna
indd chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
So beautiful! I loved reading this.
finnickodamn chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Poor Gale! :'(
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
for somebody who doesn't like gale, i think you've made me like him. he's so human here.
writingmyownhistory-inactive chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Color me blown away by how talented you are. Amazing.
RipredtheGnawer chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Yeah, Gale's not my favorite either, yet this is one of the best things you've written. Favorited.
Kate of Carlay chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I normally don't like stories like this about Gale being the cause of the bombs, but you really gave this a lot of emotion behind it and I love how you had Prim's last line in there.

Great work with Envy

Thanks for competing

KATE
Penelope Wendy Bing chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I like the overall interpretation of the prompt, but I still wasn't too fond of it. This time the contracted words detracted from the narrative rather than adding to it, for me at least, and the really short segments knocked my flow off as I read. But of course, I could just be weird. It certainly would not be the first time that has been the case.

-P.W. Bing
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Honestly, I actually don't understand why people don't like Gale. I, personally, loved his character. But we all have our different opinions.

This was beautiful. I like how you incorporated the theme in subtly, so it wasn't glaring you in the face. I also liked how he was hearing Prim even after she was dead.

Wonderful piece!

-Dom
bella-sk8er chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
O.O intense..

I loved this though :)
Flyza chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
There are many ways I would describe Gale, not all of them flattering, but I'm not sure coward would be one of them. Interesting take and I liked how you played with words and made something original out of it. Nice job.
Sublime Skies chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I love this.

Aren't many Gale oneshots I enjoy 'cause I don't think they do him justicee, but I reallyreally like this. And it's such a subtle take on the prompt, compared to some of the ones I've already seen.

My favorite of 'em at that o3o
Solaryllis chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Beautiful and haunting... I especially liked when he tried to go back to visit 12 but didn't make it. And the memories of them watching the Hunger Games together and escaping the bombing are crucial, because that's something Katniss wasn't even directly there for... Nice job. Makes me sad all over again.
Max Alleyne chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
As usual, it was a well-written and interesting take on the prompt. I definitely liked it, though I think that sometimes the puttingwordstogetherlikethis was a little bit distracting. The fic was very well balanced; I didn't feel like the prompt was slapping me in the face, but I did get that it was there. Very nice.
Hannah the Scribe chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
This was amazing! I loved it, even though I usually hate Gale as well... And My Chemical Romance? Surprisingly appropriate for this story. Nice job.