Reviews for For A Single Night
DbKiT chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Amazing read yet a very sad story. There seems to be only a handful of us who were dissatisfied with the game's ending. I loved Ghost Trick. Everything was just so perfect, the animation, the gameplay the story, the music. It's a game I can definitely see myself playing more than once. But the ending, for me, deflated some of the charm. I wanted Sissel to be human though not for any ulterior reason. For instance I didn't want to expect Sissel to develop a romance with Lynn. But I went through the game thinking Sissel is the man in red. And to be honest he looks quite awesome. I could relate to the man in red because he is human. A human who had done bad things in his past and upon observing himself via literal out of body experience, would want to change the past because his ghost adventures made him a better person.

But I felt I'd lost a large part of what made Sissel relatable when it is finally revealed that he was a cat. A cat who really had nothing to do with anything in the grand scheme of the story. He's really just an observer of the bigger inside story and it makes him feel flat. I don't know, I could be over thinking things. But your one shot story is great, makes me really wish for a Ghost Trick 2!
Squigglydigg chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Wow - just, wow. I'm so happy I wasn't the only one who thought about all of this after I played through the game! To be honest, as soon as it was hinted that Sissel could have been the cat, I immediately started to think, "please don't be the cat, please don't be the cat, please don't be the - GODDAMMIT." Sure, it fits perfectly, seeing as how there were hints and very subtle puns dropped throughout the game, but it still doesn't feel right. When I imagine Sissel speaking, I still think of him in Yomiel's appearance, and it takes some effort to correct myself into imagining Sissel's real self in its stead.

Furthermore, when the fridge logic hit me that only three people would remember Sissel, I felt like the whole game was pointless. I was wondering how Sissel really felt - he couldn't be truly okay with how his situation wound up, having experienced firsthand what being a human felt like.

And when Lynne picked him up, it was quite possibly the most awesome part of the game.

I guess all I really have to say is "great job!" This is a wonderfully written - and perfectly in-character - account of what may have happened behind the scenes. I look forward to more of this kind of thing!
ehh chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
I'm not sure if this is blatently obvious or not, but i think this is more of an alternate universe kind of thing.
Ayanhart chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
OMG I love this SOOOO much. My cheeks were wet from tears and were burning by the time I'd finished it.

5 stars without a doubt :')
vodkaCanidae chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
Yeah, I felt kinda cheated at the end too xD But I'll agree with Yomiel, that I will always remember him as a man who changed the lives of many.

On another note, I was wondering if Jowd and Missile actually remembers him? Since it was Yomiel's fate that was altered, I thought that he would be the only one who remembers... but that would suck :(
Anmynous chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Hrm... if Lynne remembers, then did she as a child?

I also feel that being an immortal cat wouldn't be so bad, but I guess it depends on what you want out of life.
FFValentine chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
This was really great!

I felt the same as you, that poor Sissel got cheated in the end!

I really loved this story! 3333333 (If only there was a way to let him be a human!)