Reviews for If That Mockingbird Don't Sing
bubblecloudz chapter 1 . 1/26
well this is so much more tragic.

i actually prefer this over actual canon.

congrats on your wonderful, heart-breaking, fic ;)
goodstoryfan chapter 1 . 11/13/2015
This was SO FREAKIN' AMAZING! I LOVED IT SO MUCH! Could you maybe do a sequel about when John calls Sam and tells him he's sorry about Jess? Like that one episode. Maybe in more detail though
frenchie93 chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
You just broke my heart. Baby Jess was so cute, i loved how you portrayed Sam as a Dad and Dean as an uncle (Uncle Dean lol so perfect). The ending was so awful. I really hope you will continue this story. Thank you for that first chapter.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Oh my god this broke my heart :-: such a good oneshot -sobs and dies- UGH SO MANY FEELINGS
BlueLionTeeth chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Hi :) sorry that im not logged in right now, but i HAD to comment. May you write a sequel to this? Pweeeeaaase? To be honest, i havent even finished the first season of SN yet, but my step sis and the various other fanfics ive read have supplied me with enough spoilers to understand the gist of what happens. The one thing i dont know is how sam and dean meet up with their father, or if they even do, but if it happens in canon and its compatible, can you write about Sam meeting up and maybe having a convo with john about Jess or something like that? It doesnt have to be long, but i like your writing and i was wondering how you would write it so yeah. Thanks, and i totally understand if you dont do it, this is just a wish from a silly fangirl who really doesnt have any life. xD -BlueLionTeeth
Lady Shaye chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Ouch. Just, ouch. Wow. I mean, that was perfect, you did such an excellent job, but man that hurt. Of course, being a masochist and all I need the next chapter right this very minute, but I digress. First of all, um, Sam was lovely, he was everything he should be, and I could not have asked for anything more. Secondly, Dean. Just. You understood Dean perfectly, the inner stream of consciousness was simply flawless. Ugh, it hurts. What else can I say? I'm eager for the next update. You're a marvelous writer and you understand the characters. I really believed in what you were writing. Uh. Ignore me, there's just some smoke in my eyes. Whoa, hang on, will Sam contact the mom? Hmm. Anyway, just wanted you to know it was wonderful and sad and perfect. Thank you. It was a pleasure to read.
CommChatter chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking. Poor Sam.
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Wow. That really hurt. But I love this twist. xo
Aquanova chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Halfway through reading this and giggling at Dean handling baby Jess (SPROGLET), I abruptly remembered that canon Jess dies in a fire, and I froze and was like, "...oh shit." And then I bit my nails to stubs and read the rest of it from behind a pillow. Greatly handled portrayal of Sam's grief through Dean's eyes, and I do like how you brought it neatly back to echo canon events.
SquirrellyFool chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
That hurt.
lanri chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
any chance you'll pick this up again? I'd love to see where you'd take this.
Katlover98 chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This made have tears in my eyes! Poor Sammy and little Jesse T_T
Lyzzybelle chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
God this was just heart breaking and beautifully written.
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Aw. I get something like this: Dean takes a couple of steps forward. "Hey, gorgeous," he says, putting out his arms, and his heart does that weird, not-normal thing again when Sam hands her over without a moment's hesitation. "So I came looking for a beer, but it turns out what your dad's got here is way more awesome."

and then I get my heart ripped out and stomped on. Jess dying as a baby is even worse than as Sam's grown-up girlfriend.
Vampyre Moon chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Fuck, is the baby really dead? Does that really happen, remains comletely burn in a house fire?
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »