Reviews for Life as we know it
Guest chapter 30 . 6/27/2016
Thank you so much for the update. Love hearing more about Fred's history, and the way Lizzie is kind of helping Fred work himself out like he helped her
Kyonomiko chapter 30 . 6/24/2016
Thank you for such a fast update! It's great to see Fred started to piece together his memory as well. I feel like next chapter could be a biggie with how we are progressing and I can't wait!
hlytxaccountant chapter 30 . 6/24/2016
Aw, they're so sweet! That little bit of hugging and comforting tugged on my heartstrings a bit. I'm happy that Fred is remembering more; I love reading about the things that happened to him in the past or in the other worlds, its very interesting.

I saw on ao3 that this is set for 31 chapters, so we only have 2 left?! It feels like there is so much more to go through that there's no way it can be done in 2 chapters, not unless they're each 15000! But I can't wait to see how this ends either, so I'm a little conflicted. Oh well, awesome update and I look forward to more!
Guest chapter 29 . 6/20/2016
Interesting! So we meet the Seer, can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 28 . 6/20/2016
I am so pleased you were a Ke to carry on with your awesome story love the way fred's feelings are slowly bubbling to the surface. I can't wait to find out what's going on with the twins too.
Amaki Owlaf chapter 29 . 6/12/2016
I spotted several errors in the story, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next installment.

I have to wonder, if Fred was really an elf all this time, why did the green pills have the effect it had on him in the movie? And would this come into play in your story in some way?
Kyonomiko chapter 29 . 6/11/2016
Wonderful! I love how you are piecing together Fred's history. I'm really excited for this story and hope to see an update soon! I don't mind a slow burn but I'd love to see more Fred and Lizzie interaction if it's in your plans soon
Kyonomiko chapter 28 . 6/11/2016
So glad to see you back! This is probably the most in depth DDF fic I've found and I can't wait to see where it goes next!
hlytxaccountant chapter 29 . 6/11/2016
! I'm so happy for TWO chapters at the same time. I love love love this story, and anything dealing with Fred's past or missing memories is gold. It may take a bit for you to update, but at least you haven't given up! I understand real world problems happen; my career leaves very little time for doing anything other than planning more stuff for work, so I barely have time to READY fic, I can't imagine having to write it.

This fic is absolutely magical, and I can't wait to see where it goes next:-)
FerretEmpress chapter 27 . 4/26/2016
I have to say I am really enjoying this story. I love all the mythology and I have enjoyed getting to know the characters. I think your portrayal of Fred is realistic and in line with the movie. I never liked Mickey in the movie either. He was really off putting. I think the way you've written him is fine,he's still just not someone I like. I am loving this story so far and I love all the back story you've created. It's really hooked me in.
Guest chapter 18 . 3/22/2016
I really like the way you have developed the characters relationships. They feel really natural and are logical progressions from the film
Guest chapter 15 . 3/22/2016
Aw been really enjoying this, thanks for writing it. I can see you haven't posted in awhile but I really hope you get the chance to pick it back up some time it's really good.
Sally chapter 27 . 12/13/2015
Please please PLEASE keep going!
Amaki Owlaf chapter 27 . 10/17/2015
Hoping to see more. I do see a few mistakes I think, or maybe things you're forgetting. I'm wondering about this seer making the elves free and whether this has anything to do with Fred becoming an imaginary friend. My guess, or idea if you'd like to borrow it, would be that when Fred was free and could do whatever he wished, he decided to never again kidnap children for the gods he served, after all he was free, so he lived on Earth. He played with other children while remaining invisible to others, eventually getting the idea to be invisible to only one child at a time. This would fit with his not liking to share and jealousy feelings like how he always hated Mickey when he was being friends with Lizzy. Of course he learns to read and maybe write, so as to help children more as he played with them - reading them bedtime stories perhaps is one example.

Of course he doesn't become a real "imaginary friend" but rather as the centuries went by, people believed in elves less, so one day a boy or girl that Fred becomes friends with asks, "Are you my imaginary friend?" And Fred says, "I... why yes! Of course I am! However did you guess that! You're smart!" before bonking the kid on the head and prompting a game of tag or some other. Or perhaps you can borrow that line of Richie from Bottom, "How do you know these things!?" as a tribute to Rik Mayall. ;)

The only thing is though that you might have forgotten the movie a bit, because there was the scene in the doctor's office (psychiatrist) where Fred suddenly notices other imaginary friends and starts playing with them. Go to Hell Herman, Velcrohead, Graggy(I think that was his name, you know, the twat with the red balloon), and Namby Pamby. These other imaginary friends did not wear green, or any other closes like Fred's. A theory for this scene's interaction would be that maybe Fred, being a creature of magic now, could see other magical beings such as Imaginary Friends, and he's interacted with them before several times and it would explain their behavior in that scene in the movie.

Which brings us to right after that happy meeting of friends when they warn Fred about Lizzy taking the green pills. "You remember Go-go Mouth? KrrrrrrrrrrrrrrKKK!" Realistically, there's nothing wrong with Lizzy, according to the Dr. The pills neutralized that part of the brain which was, according to him, malfunctioning. Clearly this is aimed at imaginary friends, and sure enough, when Lizzy took the first pill, he winces in pain, drops to his knees and clutches at his stomach. For the next few scenes as Lizzy continues with the pill taking, he continues to become more lethargic, indicating that the pills are somehow working. But if he really wasn't imaginary, but rather an elf from your fanfic, how could the pills be affecting him like that?

I wanted to point out a few things I've seen in the media regarding the faire folk. In Peter Pan if you said, "I do not believe in fairies," then the closest fairy would drop dead - but clapping your hands (or saying, "I DO believe in fairies!") saves them. There was an episode of the TV cartoon series called Gargoyles where the leaders of the Third race (elves mostly) returned to their island and the Gargoyles fought to remain there. Near the end of the episode, when the Gargoyles apparently lost, their human friends came up with their own weapon, a bell made of iron that when struck, it caused pain to the elf leader. The elf leader then compromises, allowing the gargoyles to stay so long as they never used the bell again.

Anyway, just a few of my thoughts for ya. I hope you're still writing this, and if you reached writer's block, I hope my ideas will shift it aside, and if it hasn't I'll get Drop Dead Fred a huge hammer and tell him to make some breaky noises and smash up your writer's block for ya. :)

Last thought for ya. In an episode of Star Trek Voyager, a hologram program of a village is left on all the time, and the holographic villagers beginning to notice weird things, like Paris telling the computer to fix the wheel and the wheel is magically fixed - a villager sees this and crosses himself saying, "Saints preserve us!" Eventually the controls get locked and the safety protocol is offline, and the villagers hold three crewmen hostage, believing them to be fairies or demons. They hypnotize one of them, the Doctor no less (who of course is a hologram as well, and with the safeties off he was vulnerable!) They get the idea that if you can get the fairy to tell you it's true name,t hen they cannot harm you or use their magic on you. They hypnotize the Doctor and ask him for his name... the response, "I haven't decided on one yet." Which was very true since throughout the series, the holographic doctor never has a name and everyone just calls him "Doctor." Priceless! :) Mind you, I don't think it would work in your story since Fred's name is a shorter version of his old name from before he became an elf, but maybe by saying it he could remember everything about himself or something.

Also, I have yet to see Lizzy sneeze and send Fred crashing backwards through things. It was one of my favorite moments in the movies, and maybe if this were to happen to him again in your story, he might remember Lizzy once again.

Good story so far. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Good luck. :)
Sun-chan1 chapter 27 . 5/25/2015
I'm sorry I didn't get to read these chapters sooner, especially after you wrote the last chapter so quickly for my birthday! I get really sick shortly after and couldn't do much.
I like that we got to see more of what makes Annabella tick in this part. She's really becoming a stronger person now. I like that she's so determined to help the children. I can't wait to see what happens with this.