Reviews for Life as we know it
Shay-Monyou chapter 25 . 17h
No post on Sunday!
peaceluvharmony chapter 25 . 4/17
I'm so glad you decided to continue, it's very good :D (and there's no post on Sundays...?)
hlytxaccountant chapter 25 . 4/17
Yay, a chapter! Lol, you haven't lost me yet, though I do periodically check to see if somehow the fic was removed from my alert list, lol. Writing is hard, RL happens, take your time;-)

I read the first riddle in a random Ravenclaw thing on buzz feed earlier today, so that made me giggle. I know why the maid did it, it's why Uncle Vernon was so happy in the first Potter (bit of an HP fan here, lol). She shouldn't have said she was getting the post;-)
imyourfag chapter 25 . 4/17
I'm so thrilled you updated! Even if this chapter isn't quite how you wanted, it is still very enjoyable! I love that you have Fred stepping back into the role of Lizzie's advocate, especially with how it seemed to perplex him. Like second nature. )
Speaking of perplexed, I think you are doing a marvelous job portraying the sort of confusion Fred would have toward his developing desire for, and progression into, adulthood. I do believe there would be a sort of "puberty" period for him.

I hope you find your inspiration to continue this story. You've put so much care into the development of the plot while maintaining the integrity of the characters. That's incredibly difficult to find in fanfic, so thank you for dedicating your time and effort to my fandom. )
imyourfag chapter 23 . 4/8
I... I... I can't believe you stopped updating a story that you've put 70k words into! This is fantastic and I need more! I love that you didn't fluff the characters - You've kept them true to their faults, and honestly, their faults are the best thing about them.

Please tell me you're going to update this. Please. ;_;
peaceluvharmony chapter 23 . 1/6
Amazing story you're a great writer! Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
Lucia chapter 24 . 9/20/2014
Hi I really love you're story! It's amazing and I really want to finish it... So please please please updat, I'm begging you, you're an amazing writer and I just want to read more
LLSB chapter 23 . 7/20/2014
Found this yesterday and really got into it. Even decided to watch the movie on YouTube (terrible quality!) because of it. I know the "not chapter" was recent since that was last month that he died, but were the other chapters recent, or is this an abandoned work? I really hope you're still happily plugging away at it; for I Really Want To Know...well, EVERYTHING, but I DID notice that the original(?) post date was...3 years ago, so... My hypothesis is that you stopped writing it long ago, but came back when you heard the bad news to make note of his untimely passing... Either way, thank you for this enthralling story-even unfinished, it was worth the read!
Fanastixx chapter 23 . 7/15/2014
I adore this story. Everything about it is utterly fantastic- the backstory, the pacing, the mystery and the suspense, and the creepiness. I love how Fred and Lizzy are slowing coming back together, and also how we get to see everyone's different POVs. Fred's past life is very fleshed-out and interesting, I can see a ton of work went into this story to make it well-rounded, and I really appreciate the read. I look forward to more b/c this fic is great!
Smegs32 chapter 24 . 6/17/2014
Oh cool, Fred has feelings for her! I can't wait to see what happens with the sphinx - will anyone get eaten? Oh the tension's killing, and now that I've caught up I have to wait with the rest of your fans, buggeration! Oh! I was right in my suspicions, Sarah WAS Polly's sister. I thought so but wasn't sure until you did those flashbacks. I do feel sorry for Polly but she was a bitch and abusive, so I'm not that torn up about her not getting what she wanted in life or her dying.

Oh you've made me so sad with the news that Rik died. I've loved him for years, watched his stuff, had fun, read fanfiction and now you've sprung the news that he's dead on me? Bitch!

...Sorry, I didn't mean it. It's just very upsetting. I looked him up on IMDb to just check and you're right. You know, I even cried a little, I couldn't help it.

So now I feel doubly sad: I've no more chapters to read and Rik Mayall is dead. On that happy note I bid you adieu and good luck with writing the next part of your fic.
Smegs32 chapter 10 . 6/17/2014
Hi, I started reading this yesterday after watching the film for the first time in years. Watched the movie and then thought to myself, "hmm, I wonder if anyone has written a Drop Dead Fred fan fic - that would be awesome." I then go onto and lo and behold there is more there than I expected to be. Yours just so happened to be the first I saw, and from the summary looked really interesting. (P.S. I love the cover for the story.)

I have to say I never would have thought to add such a twist to a film dealing with imaginary friends; gods, Norse mythology, history lessons, times from long ago, other worlds... tentacles. But you make it work - your story is AWESOME! I wish you had more reviews, it's a bummer that this is an out of the way fandom (not like Harry Potter, Supernatural or Star Wars).

I read your A/N at the top of this chapter and I felt so awful I decided that instead of waiting to the last chapter to review (I'll still do that btw) I'll do one now and say that I AM reading and reviewing your fic and that I love it.

Now the story: I think my favourite chapters so far are Samhain Parts 1, 2 and 3. It's cool to so Fred as an actual child from a time long ago, being with the twins and collecting my children, finally seeing why he is the way he is (damn that Freyr for putting a spell on him!). I'm starting to like Annabella better than when you first introduced her (the idea of her and Janey drinking together - most likely talking about sleeping with married men - still has me grinning) and I'm glad Joanne kicked the bucket - what a bitch! You definitely succeeded in making me hate her.

You've done a great job with Lizzy's characterization - I still find her slightly annoying (she frustrated me in the movie, even when watching it as a child). I also think you took a realistic approach to Lizzy and Mickey's relationship - in the movie you can see he liked her for all the crazy things that happened around her, but as you've pointed out that was Fred's doing, not hers. Mickey liked the *idea* of her, a mostly false idea. Although I do think that if Polly hadn't taken Fred away from her and she continued to find happiness with him in the crap childhood she had, Lizzy would have turned out differently. Having someone on her side after her father walked out I reckon would have made a difference to her outlook on life and her self-esteem; Fred would have made sure she had confidence and didn't end up with anyone like her mother, i.e. controlling, belittling and abusive. So she could have a been a very different woman that would have been closer to the image and version Mickey obviously saw and liked.

Anyway, rambling. I'm going to go read the rest of your fic - look out for another review from me.
Sun-chan1 chapter 24 . 6/9/2014
Thank you very much for letting us know. This is so sad. Fifty-six is to young to die. Poor man! May he rest in peace.
Angie chapter 23 . 6/6/2014
I love this story! Its very different from all the ddf fics out there. I read the whole thing tonight!
Please another chapter!

And sorry for my poor english, Im from Argentina and its been ages since I write in english!
AshmandaLC chapter 23 . 3/23/2014
ohhhhhhhhhh very nice. glad to see that Mickey's giving Fred more thought than just "ANGRY. MAN. BAD." i hate that he's feeling a bit down when it comes to keeping Natalie safe, but really it was a wise choice. HOWEVER, the comment about Lizzie being aggravating...no. (and i mean no to Mickey, not you. you're writing him very well, hon! hes just getting on my nerves talking like that. im sure he'll come around eventually, what with character development happening and all [which thank you so much for that btw].) I just dont think he quite realizes how much Lizzie's had to shoulder on her own. I mean, she's not perfect by no means, and still has some self discovery to go through for herself, but how she handles her mother's death is her business, and if she finds comfort in some way that's not being glued to his side, he should just let it go, and let her grieve as she feels she must. (though i'm sure his biggest issue is that its with FRED of all people.) and IGHGHOUHLAKUSHG i want them to find out more about Fred's past so badly. A part of me is waiting for him to make jokes about how old he really is. also...should I be afraid of the white hair? what's happening to him? ;A; ANOTHER GREAT CHAPTER! Can't wait to see more honey :D
AshmandaLC chapter 22 . 2/23/2014
okay so things with her sister weren't QUITE what i thought they were, but i think i did pretty good with my thoughts! :D I keep having this fear that Fred was her sister's friend now, though. i cant imagine he'd do anything that would put her in that much danger though. perhaps it was the goddess luring Sarah to her doom so she could have her. hmmm ill have to think more on that later.

and again, im really super happy to see more of Polly's bg, especially in Lizzy's early days. her interactions with her make much more sense now (how she always wanted to keep her safe, no matter that her version of 'safe' wasnt really healthy). in her way, she did love her, it just wasnt a very GOOD love. but in the end, im happy that Polly was able to think of Lizzy and her brightest times as she was dying. i just hate it took that long for her to step up to the plate.

but then poor clueless Fred gets hug-assaulted and doesnt even know how to handle it :/ he doesnt remember her yet, so yeah..(i mean its not like i have to tell you that...youre the one writing it, and just omg this story gets me so hyper) but tucking her hair behind her ear was a very tender move for him. four for you Fred. four for you. something tells me hes gonna be a bit protective of her in the future. (god i cant wait.)

youve done another great job sweetheart! cant wait to see the next installment.