Reviews for Hope
sallyomally chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
You never mentioned his ankle again. Surely he had a limp or something? No way a home made splint would accurately align his broken ankle
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Love you too!and this -of-luck to u.(
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I loved this, how it fills in the blanks. Perfect. :)
AbbyMasrai chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Aww, man...this is so intense! And so very morose. Like...it's hard to believe stuff like this actually happens in real life. It's disgusting and deplorable.

It's so true...even if we lose everything, we can still have hope. It's very comforting to know that. So, thank you for addressing that. This was wonderful.
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Can I just say that I loved how you decided to write this; what Logan was experiencing while he was kidnapped, that is. When I read 'All These Lives' and 'September,' that was the one thing that I wished you had included.

What is wrong with Logan? How could he even think for one second that the others wouldn't look for him? Well, at least he scolded himself for thinking that.

Of course Logan would give into his kidnapper's demands of not struggling in exchange for everyone else's safety. He's noble and selfless like that.

I liked how Logan had to remind himself to breathe.

*shudders* Gregory Hampton (That is his name, isn't it?) is really creepy especially this part: "I know who you are though, Logan Mitchell."

Aww! Leave Logan's ankle alone! Poor Logan! :(

I don't know why, but "I'll be back, Logan" kind of reminded me of the original Terminator movie. Except "Logan" wasn't in the quote, but yeah...

The mental image of Logan dragging himself across the floor of the cellar was really sad.

Good thing Logan wanted to be a doctor when he grew up. I thought it was very resourceful of him to make himself a makeshift splint for his injured ankle.

That's awful that Logan can't even tell what time of day it was. It's even more awful that Gregory wanted to "play" with Logan.

"You are my toy." That just sounds so wrong that poor, sweet, innocent Logan is Gregory's "toy."

Aww! Gregory is really being rough with Logan. Too rough...

Eww! That was so disgusting how Gregory wanted Logan to eat his own vomit. Though it did remind me of an episode of Family Guy where Stewie and Brian were locked inside a bank vault. Sorry. I don't even know if you know what I'm talking about. You probably don't even watch Family Guy.

I can't believe that Logan would even think about letting himself bleed to death. Then again, I sort of can. I mean death has to seem like the lesser of two evils...

Oh Logan, I have no problem admitting I talk to myself...

Hehe. Stick figures? I wonder if they were of him, Kendall, James, and Carlos. Probably, right?

Well, at least Logan was let out of the trunk to breathe. Although, did he have to have a gun pressed against his head whne he was let out? Poor Logan!

Aww! Poor Logan! What would you even call that? Groping? It wouldn't be molesting or sexually assualting because no sex was involved.

That's horrible how Logan was left with things he could potentially kill himself with.

I really liked how Logan was trying so hard to hold onto memories of his friends.

Ha! I was right! The stick figures WERE of Kendall, James, Carlos, and Logan!

Why is it that it was Kendall's voice that Logan heard? Why did Logan first think of Kendall when he thought of his friends? What is with all this Kogan? I thought you were bigger on Jagan?

I loved the reunion between Logan and "Papa" when you wrote it the first time, and I loved it here too! Random fact: Did you know that "papa" in Spanish (no accents) means potato? So, Logan had he been speaking Spanish was calling Chief Garcia a potato. Hehe.

Aww! I loved the reunion between the four best buds too! Even if it was a somewhat abridged version. Hehe.

Yeah, the story title is perfect!

I liked how you had this behind-the-scenes story. I mean you mentioned what Gregory had done to Logan, but it was still nice to actually read about it in a story. Well done!
valentine142 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Aaaaw Logieeee :'(

He is just so adorable and that...that monster that took him is evil in a whole new sense of the word, and I wish there was a way I could hunt him down with an angry mob brandishing fire and pitchforks. But hey, I guess you can't have everything :P

Great story, as ever :)
EpicInTheLibrary chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Psh. Not for me, they don't. Reviews, I mean.

Guess who finally found time to read this! Hurr hurr. So usually blood and torturerness are my favorites but this actually made me feel kinda... I don't know, like that one thing in your mind that's like "Okay okay that's enough stop reading now" but I didn't because it was good sooo ggoooddd. It was probably because it was all so wrong happening to Logan and such and it was so sobful and I thought "Wow, that was quick." Because there were what, four parts? Hmhmmm. you really like this story though, huh?

I'm a cheater.

Anyway.

It did end kind of fast, but you know, that's fine because the rest was awesomeness. Even though it wasn't. Because it was so sobful. My favorite part was when Logan got fresh air finally. Makes me kinda glad you didn't go into detail about smell or... you know. Peeing. Lol. What a failure this review is. Yes I'm allowed to say that and you aren't. Life isn't fair.

Just kidding I love you Laura. I have to finish Spetember but I also want to write your story present that I can't find inspiration for and uggghhhh Iwrote more sskdh yesterday. Sorry when I make a typo and then it won't erase I go slkjdhg lol.

Wonderful job. I'm sorry my reviews aren't what they used to be. Today I got a reply from someone who decided I must have been high. Uggghhhhhh they were kidding though lol.
Falling to Fly chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Okay, um... Phew. Deep breaths, deep breaths... I can do this.

God Logan. I just... I feel horrible for him. Beyond horrible. Scared and sickened and terrified and worried. I mean, he's one of the least deserving people in the world of all the horrible stuff that's happening to him. It's awful.

When he woke up I wanted to cry. I can't even begin to imagine that kind of pain and confusion. And then having to worry about Kendall, Carlos, and James... I wouldn't be able to stand it.

He was bored. He kidnapped Logan because he was freaking bored. Holy crap. I mean... What kind of sick person would do something like that? And then break Logan's ankle to make sure he didn't try to escape? That's just... sickening.

The masks. That would have pushed me over the edge because they're just terrifying.

His toy. I really wish he wouldn't call him that. It's so demoralizing and scares me to death.

We never did find out why he took Logan to Minnesota, did we? Oh well. The fact that he took Logan that much closer to being found is at least a teeny tiny blessing. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was when Officer Garcia came in. I thought I was relieved in September, but now that I really know what Logan went through, I'm so so grateful that Officer Garcia and Luke finally found him. And Logan held onto that hope that he would be found the entire time. I'll never quite understand how he's always so strong.

This was wonderfully written, and I'm sorry if this is yet another lame review. You've left me speechless again. Love you!
Fang lover23 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
That was just awful. The whole time, I was just like "POOR LOGIE BEAR!" DX

But when Officer Garcia found him, I got that warm fuzzy feeling again, like when I read it first in 'September'. I got butterflies of joy in my tummy and I almost weeped in happiness. C:
Colorful Soul chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Miss Fenway, do you like making me cry? Lol, no just joking. Though I did cry. Again. Your stories do that to me! Which you should take as a compliment because it means your stories are very powerful . . . which is good!

How Logan was worrying about everyone else, aw. So Logan-like *heart*

"Logan was almost too absorbed in his injury to notice the man leave but a shaky sigh of relief escaped him. He closed his eyes and tried to breath evenly as his fingers carefully felt his foot. He winced and tears came to his eyes when he pressed even a little on the ankle. It was broken. It had to be. The crack has been his bone splitting apart. 'Help me.' He pleaded to no one in particular. He was alone. So horribly alone." This is when the first tears fell. Just the thought of Logan being hurt -intentionally nonetheless- was enough to make me sick to my stomach. And then the last two lines, awwww -sobs-

The mask part creeped me out...oh how I do hate masks.

"It was after he did all this that Logan began to cry. He pressed his face into the dirt floor and sobbed like a baby, his entire body shaking wildly. 'Wake up, wake up, wake up.' He told himself, uselessly trying to wake up from what was obviously a real nightmare." -heart breaks- AWWW, Logie *tears* Pleading to wake up . . . that just broke my heart.

"'You look cold.' The voice had softened but was somehow even more terrifying. 'Let me warm you up.'

Soon the smell of his own burning flesh reached Logan's nostrils and made his eyes water. The cigar moved up and down and around his neck, creating a necklace pattern." That part right there, it chilled me to the bone -shivers- Seriously.

And then the other half of that part. "The pain was terrible but it was the smell that bothered Logan the most, reaching way past his nose and digging deep down in his body. He jerked away, gagging and then retching on the dirt floor. He heard a curse and the fire disappeared for the time being.

'You disgusting freak.' The monster muttered. He shoved Logan's face into the small pile of vomit. 'Eat it.' He ordered.

Logan's stomach churned violently but he couldn't life his face if he tried. He inhaled by accident and choked as the acidic smell of his own sick slammed into him. But he complied because he knew disobedience would only make things worse.

'That's it. Clean up after yourself.' Finally the hand was lifted from the back of his head and Logan jerked up, taking deep breaths in a desperate attempt to keep from throwing up again. 'I'll be back later.'" That made me want to retch myself. Gross. Nicely written, but still gross. Lol.

And then he thought about just bleeding out -sobs- That was truly heart breaking.

When the monster 'celebrated' I had to stop reading for awhile. My eyes were completely blurred with tears.

When he heard Kendall's voice . . . I don't how to describe that moment. It was heart-breaking but adorable at the same time. Not the situation but the brotherly love. Aw.

YAY! I jumped for joy when he was found, though I still had tears in my eyes. AW.

You have left me speechless once again, Miss Fenway. So this is the crappy review you get in return. I fail at reviewing. Sorry. AGAIN! Haha.

Colorful Soul.

P.S. I don't know why I sign my name when you can see it at the top. I'm not logged in so I feel compelled to do it. Ah well.
WyszLo chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Laura... I don't know how you got through this. It broke my heart. I literally feel sick right now.

At least it has a happy ending.

I can't really go into this story too deeply, since it is so disturbing, but Logan's bond with Kendall, James, and Carlos that kept him alive truly is magical. It's a gift.

Lauren
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Aw, this was so sad! I really liked it, though. Great job!
I C a big world chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I completely loved this...it's just...I don't even think I can describe it-it's amazing
CurtCade chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I loved this! (sorry Logan:( ) But anyway, I really really loved this. I loved the ending especially with Mr. Garcia and Logan.
mIsS-vIcToRy96 chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
The topic of kidnapping and torture always make me shudder. The thought that someone could be twisted enough to take someone against their will and hurt them in the most inhumane ways possible! *shudders*

When I saw the part that Logan had to eat his own vomit, I nearly gagged myself. Even thinking about it makes my stomach churn!

I love both "All These Lives" as well as "September" so much! The fact that both are based off of two of my favorite Daughtry songs just makes it even better! You are such a talented writer, being able to write amazing stories about such horrible things! :)