Reviews for The Lost Age: Stormwalker's Chronicle
madmuo chapter 19 . 11/6/2013
Interesting, very interesting. Also very good to see you back on this, as it is one of my favorites, a very close second to Gleeman Bob's HE SLEEPS UNDER THE HILL. Please, keep up the great work. Looking forward to the next chapter, and the next, and the next...
Kokabiel chapter 20 . 9/8/2013
I truly like how you mix the psionicist of D&D and The Wheel of Time, deep but coherent.
Also I'd always had questions about the Ogion's and world's past.
A chapter 18 . 7/21/2012
Good sory so far. I love it. You need to update more freuquntly. However, what drew me to this story is the fact that you described a carachter I had requested from a particular fanfiction arthur at a Teenpact convection in Anchorage,Alaska. The characters Name is Logan Matthews and was supposed to fight with a lightning bolt and be called the Lightning Lord. In return for this faver I would Update regualy and encorage others to do so. If you are this arthor then I apoligize for the delay. I am only able to go on this site rarly and had a hard time hunting this story , I hope to hear more from you on this story.
Lock Jay chapter 16 . 5/9/2012
Australis, where even the Nightmares are out to get you. Especially the Nightmares.
Aderran chapter 16 . 4/13/2012
Exciting. I like that we're seeing things from one of the Command positions, lol.

I take it that the one who is in Britain but out of touch is the Storm's parallel? Or...hmm. I need to reread the story from the beginning. Anyway, great chapters, I couldn't find any mistakes. I look forward to the next.
madmuo chapter 15 . 3/21/2012
nice, and getting better too, which is hard to do with an already very good story, eh? I did have a question tho, I noticed the name, Anla, But I don't think she appeared to be very wise, hopefully former Speaker Anla is NOT the basis for the legend of "Anla, The Wise Councillor"? If so, that would be very dissapointing, as I noted, she did not appear very wise, but seemed to be more than just slightly paranoid, where Humans are concerned, but then again, she dose have some justificatio for that attitude, given the past interactions with the "Tyrant Emperor". I also liked the way you slipped in the Iasu Valere/Jesus refference, and the Valere part, any "chance" (Hee, Hee, Hee), that they are the Valare of the well known Horn? Nhaa, I didn't realy think so (wink, wink, nod). anyway, cant wait(although I guess we'll have to, wont we?), for the next chapter, keep 'em comming and thank you for a good read!
Aderran chapter 14 . 2/22/2012
Great chapter. I could almost hear the war drums beating in the background, lol.

I seec something significant happened when Anla gave Kiera the brooch. I don't understand why she need give it up but I suppose that will come with the next chapters.
madmuo chapter 14 . 2/16/2012
I'm not one to review a story chapter by chapter, I prefer to read and comment on the whole work, as far as it is done, that is. With that in mind I would like to say that I find this story both well written and very well plotted out. The use of Gidal(Guy) and Briggitte(Brigid) was, contrary to what another reviewer said, rather obvious, but well done, and while you haven't done much in the way character development with her, what is shown seems consistent with her impulsive nature. Gidal's more conservative approch also fits well with RJ's depictions of them in the WoT books, so, Well Done, eh? It also appears that this Age's Dragon sacrificed himself for the (hopefully?) Greater Good, and, surprise, surprise, was almost immedietly reborn as his own nephew, a strange little twist if I ever saw one, and as one of the first recognized Channellers(which, by btw, I think of as a title as well as a description, and as such should always be capitalized, but that's just me, eh?) Not much more I can say except thank you for this very entertaining tale, and I look foreward to any and all future installments with great eagerness, Excelsior!
Aderran chapter 13 . 1/28/2012
And the Dragon is revealed.

A good chapter. Though they are few and far between they are well worth the wait.

I look forward to the next.
Aderran chapter 12 . 11/27/2011
Interesting, and quite soon after the last. I look forward to the next chapter.
Aderran chapter 11 . 11/5/2011
Nice. I like the way you've changed the name of the stedding, and the mention of translation to that world.

I am a bit confused about why their psionic abilities won't work though. Since it has nothing to do with the Power, and I'm assuming that it is evolution of the mind, shouldn't it work perfectly wherever they wish to use it?

I also like that they know about the Power and that they know of the Light. Can't wait for the next chapter.
gladforgrace chapter 11 . 11/4/2011
Wow...they are in for quite the surprise when El Doppleganger shows up! You have planned this story so well!
Geralt chapter 10 . 9/28/2011
Thank you for the quick update!

I like how you responded to my query of the technology used in the post-nuclear Earth. I like the notion of psi-tech, and how you described the harvesters as "streamlined, noiseless floating vehicles". It's short, concise, and pretty much immediately creates an image in my head. It's all practically there, save for the color (which I, in my liberal interpretation think it white or silver). Though I would certainly like to see even more of the world, this much was more than enough to make some kind of bigger picture: a world of neo-tech feudalism being rebuilt under the supervision of the new conclave psionicist powers. Pretty damn cool, if you ask me. You could have used that kind of setting even outside of Wheel of Time books, if you ever decide to make a work of your own.

However, there are a few issues I have with this. First off, the part where Anastacia explained the "hunting incident" to her husband. It comes very strange to me how is it possible that she knows of the incident in which Eric's father killed his brother - and in such detail, mind you - and Eric himself never had a clue about any of it. True, her father is king, and as such he had the intel, but Eric is a grown heir to the family, he had to suspect something at the very least, even though people would keep him in the dark! And another thing: when explaining the incident to her husband, Anastacia seems too technical. Worse, she talks of it as if it were gossip at a tea party. No, seriously! I mean, she's married to the guy... what? five years? And I'm pretty sure you hinted at earlier chapters that the two immediately had the hots for one another. One would think they should love each other by now, and if that's the case, the very moment Anastacia realized Eric knew nothing of the incident, she SHOULD have expressed words of consideration, or something. This way it just feels wrong. Instead of: "His brother died there before you were born", you should have written it like an innocent question: "Is it possible it's because his brother died there?" and then when she would realize Eric knew nothing of the sort, she would perhaps apologize, and tell what she knew.

Also, other than "brooding on the new information", there is not a single emotion on Eric's part. There should have been a bit more shock to the knowledge. In fact, his dialogue is also quite technical, and even seems carefree: "Not a problem, we're actually at the estate now...".

I don't know. Maybe you rushed this chapter a bit? It kinda stands out of your usual work. When you write something you should be patient and careful. Of course, I don't know how serious you are about writing, in the first place. Maybe you're doing this as a pass-time only? That's your stuff, but I'll keep posting these reviews under assumption you try to do it seriously, hence, a serious review.

Anyway, I really, really hope to read more of your work. And forget about "update soon", I hope you write something exquisite, even though it might be a short and delayed chapter. But that's my opinion.
Aderran chapter 10 . 9/28/2011
Great chapter.

I like the bit about the stedding, but you got the Ogier's height wrong, unless he...or she, for that matter, is a child...which would explain why they were sucking their thumb.

Are you going to add the Book of Translation?

Anyway, great chapter and thanks for getting it in so soon. Can't wait for the next.
gladforgrace chapter 4 . 9/25/2011
This is high quality world development. I agree with the other reviewer that you should consider building this story out into something publishable. It is distant enough from the original stimulus, that Harriet may be open to it...you never know. After reading, here is my theory...Ala Wot Theoryland: The Ogier are refugees from a world conquered and drained of psionic energy by The Storm. Second and Third Age tree-singing is a highly developed Psionic Talent that the Ogier, on coming to our world, taught us. Thoughts?