Reviews for Shikamaru vs the Logical Fallacies
Guest chapter 10 . 10/1/2015
I like the view of Shino's insects as a potential threat, very smart.
Fujoshi-Ai chapter 9 . 9/12/2015
Hello, I don't usually favorite or review stories. I however enjoy this very much. I love how you are writing the characters. I love how you are formulating everything. Thank you for writing this. I look forward to the next chapter. Please do take the required time to write it though.
warpterror chapter 2 . 8/14/2015
Really nice story and I like where it's going and all, but why do you keep writing HIDON and HIDAN like in the first chapter?
Veritas chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
lol nice
So good
Much awesome.
Sphere Warrior chapter 2 . 5/25/2015
s/Hidon/Hidan/g
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 5/17/2015
Let's see...Shino knows what's coming because his bugs are looking in all directions. His weird movements could be because that was actually a bug clone that he was rigging remotely. That seems fairly likely since he walked up to Shikamaru and said "hit me". Alternatively, you could be writing him as having a hive mind that he can engage when he's in combat, and that's where the "alien that doesn't know how the human body works" thing comes from. The bug clone seems more likely - it's less a departure from canon. I still give it a possibility though.
Guest chapter 9 . 5/16/2015
In order:

No Shikamaru, they're ttargetting you because you'll think it's because you're rational, then stop looking for further answers.

Kakashi helped because he's the mastermind. He knows about Kabuto and he's enlisted him to teach you to "look underneath the underneath" and also take you down a peg before beating him makes you arrogant. This secret mission is either designed to be impossible so you fail and learn humility, or will result in humilating consequences for you if you suceed.

Shino used a bug clone. It's just a swarm of bugs held inside a human-shaped bag of chakra, of course it doesn't have to move like a human. The "precog" aspect comes from Shino watching from multiple points of view using his bugs. Flying bugs have exceptional motion tracking that would look like short range precog when compared to human motion tracking.
SevenD7 chapter 9 . 5/16/2015
Your Naruto seems rather stupid which on it's own is not such a big deal (in canon he wasn't the smartest but had flashes of brilliance plus his empathy going for him). Here, he is just an idiot.
Basically, I am wondering where his story upgrade or change is. (Ino might be heading the same direction but we haven't seen much of her yet.)

My theory for Shino:
He is either a bug clone or being controlled by them. In canon they lived inside his skin so maybe in your story they live deeper in the body like bones/joints and muscles which would explain how he can twist his limbs without breaking them.
I know flies can see more frames per second than we do so maybe bugs (or just Shino's bugs) can do something similar which gives him a sort of pseudo Sharingan in terms of being able to predict enemy movements.

Applications Shikamaru might think of: Spread out bugs in a wide net and figure out how to make them communicate quickly which each other so you end up with an early warning system for any projectile of sorts.
EagleJarl chapter 8 . 5/9/2015
I just caught up on the two latest chapters. I'm enjoying the story and here's a (hopefully) wise reading for you. (Aka a record of my responses as I read, not a critique.)

Chapter 7:

* Hm, the fog is probably artificial. Can't be ninjutsu...dry ice? Not at this tech level. Something mundane.
* Shikimaru made an obvious show of taking the kunai out...yet Kakashi didn't catch on that it's a trick? He actually stopped instead of going on with what Shikamaru was clearly trying to distract him from? Huh.
* Wait, he's saying Shikimaru is a Bunshin? Clones are illusions, how did it clink kunai together? Are Bunshin audible as well as visual in canon?
* Another repetition of "it was going perfectly"; this feels like telling, not showing
* Clones didn't vanish, they're in fog - probably projection images.
* Again with the assertion of traditional bias and it won't last long. This is cranking my excitement down, not up.
* Kai: Illusion Release! "That's a technique for..." Repetitious. I just read that.

Chapter 8:

* HAH! I was right about the fog, and the projection images!
* Not sure how Shikimaru managed to have versions of himself that actually spoke, though. Maybe that's just down to 'Bunshin are auditory as well as visual'
* "He then tossed Shikamaru" should be 'Naruto'
* Wait, what just happened? Did Shikamaru tell Naruto to create clones and what to have them do? Did he just work with what Naruto was doing anyway?
* Uchiha bit at the end: The break feels like it's in the wrong place, like you're forcing a cliffhanger. "Kakashi didn't look mollified" would have been a reasonable place to stop.

Despite some confusion and the feeling that it could be tightened up in a few places, I'm enjoying it and look forward to your next posting.
Mortimer Grimm chapter 8 . 5/9/2015
Naruto isn't really too annoying, well, atleast not more than others his age... So keep it up :)
Devil Reader chapter 8 . 5/9/2015
Just letting you know, your story is being linked to on /r/rational/.
SergeantMatt chapter 8 . 5/8/2015
Er, think you uploaded the wrong chapter, mate.
SevenD7 chapter 8 . 5/8/2015
Is it just me or did you upload a duplicate of chapter 6 by any chance?
Guest chapter 7 . 5/5/2015
Looking forward to the conclusion to this arc. Please continue writing
alex.j.stuart chapter 7 . 5/4/2015
Can't wait to see how he's pulled this off.