Reviews for there is another sky
croquant chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
The only criticism I have is very small and is the choice of title (which I'm guessing is a quote but one I am unfamiliar with and which thus seems irrelevant) and the summary - entropy seems too scientifically laden a term to use here and plus, its meaning more specifically correlates to systems descending into chaos rather than nonexistence.

With that said... Wow! I have to say that this is my personal favorite out of your HP fics. As someone familiar with oil painting the topic of a person stuck in a canvas is very intriguing; my heart just went out for the imprisoned Severus, especially in the "almost" moments when Harry was questioning the magical/muggle properties of his portrait. The unrecognizable passage of time hurt, but not so much as the line "He can't move but his skin feels more crinkly nowadays and it seems as though he's losing blocks of time." The concept of looking out from a "life" at what life really should be (exuberant, vivid, dynamic) is beautifully done and sadly fitting for the Potions master, who did indeed spend most of his life watching his masters and students pursue their true goals with satisfaction but never himself.
sarahsezlove chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
So poignant.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Wow. This is an incredible story; I feel sorry for real!Severus, and Harry, but most of all for the painting, who can never really live. Obscurity is all he can really hope for.
NoirxAnge chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
It really is quite sad the way you depict Severus' feelings towards seeing himself with Harry because truly, that is what I suspect I would feel as well. This is a lovely piece of work. :) It moved me very much. It has a lesson in it I suppose, to appreciate of all that you have.
Susan of Zog chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Oh, wow. Out of the (literally) hundreds of Harry Potter fanfics I've read, this is one of the handful that has made me cry.
Veritas Odium Parit chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Wow, beautiful
Valenti1965 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Very haunting indeed. Amazing imagination you have to have wrote this. x
EscapingEarth chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
That was way too sad. -blinks away tears- Beautifully written, and I really felt what painting!Snape was feeling. Also, that sense of suddenly noticing things that have been changing for years is so realistic it sent shivers down my spin. This was an amazing story to read - I'd love to have imagine something like that. Wow, I'm still stunned by this. Thanks for an amazing read - thanks even for the tears XD

-EscapingEarth-
violentsilence chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
This is so sad...but absolutely a very touching story and sets me thinking...well, a little bit of grieving as well. Anyway, thank you for your story, love it!
q chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
What? That's horribly sad! Poor Severus!