Reviews for Ba'al Would Not Win
Bookworm1955 chapter 1 . 7/17/2015
Hetty is my favourite character fro NCIS Los Angeles, and this is just what she would have done for one of her friends and at the behest of other joint friends.
midnightread chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
Really liked it, short but very sweet.
Vicki chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
I like it a lot! Good characters.
EAC chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Whew - thought it would be Hetty - hte way I saw her in the first season (2014, terrestrial showing in UK), that .was her to a T. Well done.
I also confess to liking her as an actress and person.
Kansas Scout chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
YOu were correct, Henrietta "Hetty" Lange was the right person for Jack to know out of all the NCIS: LA staff. She has a history of involvement in Covert Operations prior to her involvement with NCIS and the previous NIS.
FlowerCrazy chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I really really liked this. I stumbled across it by accident. Very well done. :)
Kalinysta chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Good story. Basically well written, but a few errors glared at me:

Second paragraph, last line, which begins, "where relaxed in a lounge chair was just about the last person he would have expected to see." should read "where relaxing" not "where relaxed".

Then in the next paragraph (paragraph 3) the sentence: "A minute after casting his line into the water his guest arrived lugging their own chair which they set down next to Jack's." has an the pronouns being plural when they should be singular. I realize that you're trying to convey a sense of mystery here as in, who's the person? Male? Female? but the grammar is so off it's noticeable. Unfortunately, English does not have a singular pronoun to convey nongender. Maybe one should be invented?
MsDubstep chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Actually I am not suprised that Hetty would know Jack. She knows some very interesting people. I really liked this.
LL chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
You had my brain going through all the NCIS:LA characters. You did a great job keeping the identity hidden. Great story. I can believe it.
Bonnie Celt chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This is so sweet! Not sweet that he's having trouble getting over his "incident" with Ba'al, but because he's friend went through the trouble of finding out what happened and then when all the way to The Middle of Nowhere, Minnesota to give comfort and encouragement. I won't reveal who the friend is, in case someone reading this hasn't read the story yet,(I have heard of people who do that)but I love how the author managed to keep the indentity of the friend hidden, though there were a few tiny hints for those who know enough about NCIS:LA or SG-1 to figure it out. (I had a suspection when the friend was described as "diminuative", though the bucket hat did throw me there for a minute.) That was a wonderful surprise!
cooper1911 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
I like Hetty a lot and I like her being O'Neill's friend. Well written.
IdriveaHonda chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Very nice. I've only seen NCIS LA a couple of times but I remember Hetty and I like that she and Jack are friends.
RoseA26 chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Excellent, thoroughly enjoyed this little piece of writing, you have all the characters spot on, thanks!
Madances chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Thank you! I hope there will be many more. Good job. Tracy
FORD B chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Excellent read! The tea cup should have been what made me realize the guest, but I didn't till the end.