Reviews for Retribution
Ventisquear chapter 67 . 9/22/2015
Lhi... seeing her self-doubts, and calling herself a hypocrite hurts. And a hint of bitterness, almost envy, that Loghain is stronger than her. I hope this madness *will* end, soon. But knowing you, I'm afraid it won't. .

Oh, Alistair. I'm sure Anora *never* thought of ordering your guards to give her a full report of everything that happened. I mean, when did she ever planned things ahead? Oh, wait... .

I'm very curious now what's going on in Denerim... and I have a feeling it's related to what's going on in Amaranthine. Please update soon! :)
Ventisquear chapter 66 . 9/22/2015
Go, badass Loghain! xD Anwen's reasons seem convincing, but if she called my loved one 'prey', I wouldn't trust her either.

hm... if the Divine is so ill, and the new one is chosen soon... that would interfere with whatever plans the Chantry has with the Circle and the Warden Commander in Ferelden, right? :D
Ventisquear chapter 65 . 9/22/2015
Damn you, Harrith! At least Raelyn and other mages are onto him. I hope they'll kill him before Tavish has a chance to do whatever it is he plans.

The strange Joining... influenced by Architect or Mother somehow? I'm glad that at least Nesiara survived!

And I hope Anwen won't do anything stupid... Lhi has enough to worry about her adding to it.
Ventisquear chapter 64 . 9/22/2015
I want to say, 'Anders, you fool' but on the other hand, Lhi would be safe. Ander's conflict is wonderfully done: desire to help, desire to be stronger, temptation and guilt...

For Lhi and Loghain the helplessness, and inability to control the situation (especially Lhi) must be really frustrating. I'm curious how will they react to Justice's offer.
Ventisquear chapter 63 . 9/22/2015
I never really trusted Justice... always doubted if it really was Ander's anger that turned him into Vengeacebce, or if it was the spirit that fueled the rage. Anders wasn't like that in the Awakening...
The talk between Justice and Lhi and then Justice and Loghain was scary and creepy. I hope Lhi will find a way to get rid of the spirit. Let it help her get rid of the Architect, and then bye-bye. .

"No, no darkspawn. I don't think we need to worry about them for the time being."
Ah, Nate... .

I'm very curious what will Nate discover in Amaranthine... Sophia's approval of Tranquils and Templars is a bit worrying.
Wyl chapter 67 . 9/22/2015
Great to see you updating (wish I could say the same about my story, but I digress...)!

Lots of stuff going on, and you did a nice job of balancing the highly tense situation with Lhi and company with the humor of Alistair's folly amid the tension in Denerim.

I'm very curious to see how Lhi/Loghain plays out in the coming chapters. The presence of Justice is becoming a wedge between them, and trust between them is clearly lacking at the moment. They badly need some alone time away from everything, both individually and together, but their present reality isn't exactly conducive to either.

Random thought... Anders definitely isn't cut out to work in the NFL. I mean, what's he thinking holding a concussed Sigrun out of the game? :D
Suilven chapter 67 . 9/21/2015
Very interesting about the events afoot in Denerim and I'm eager to know more. Alistair's appearance at the window made me laugh. So much for Nathaniel getting to doze in his chair by the fire for some much needed rest. ;)

Oghren was my favourite in this chapter, though. Despite all the horrors that Lhiannon and company have endured - and still hoping Anders isn't going to be stupid about Justice... Don't do it, Anders! - Oghren's bluster and creative cussing made me laugh. Poor Lhi still second-guessing her ability to lead the Wardens still hurts my heart. :(

Great chapter as always! Love this story!
Chibiwoof chapter 66 . 8/12/2015
I read your first story to this (Rend Asunder), and was so enthralled that I almost FELT like I was actually a part of the story. While there MIGHT be minor mistakes here and there, the story, itself, is so well written that I was completely floored. Most stories on fanfic are not so well written...mine being one of them (I should seriously consider fixing them). For the last week and half, as I have three kids to still tend to, I spent every last second I could, even loosing sleep!, simply to read the next chapter. While my body is extremely happy to finally have a break...I'm aggravated at the sudden halt of progress of the story. I cannot believe how great these stories are and I'm so extremely jealous of the characters in the story! Well...sort of. I do not know what has caused you pause in your writings, and I pray everything is okay, however, I do hope to see an update soon. If not...well...my husband will certainly be happy for the sudden break in my addiction ;)!
Yolantha chapter 45 . 12/20/2014
Overall, the Landsmeet went better than I was hoping for, especially the banishment of Eamon and Teagan being named Arl of Redcliffe. Still greatly enjoying what I've come to think of as the "L&L story", keep up the great work, as I can always use more great reading material.
Yolantha chapter 27 . 12/20/2014
Lhiannon just becomes more amazing with every chapter. I knew it was going to have to be her to save Anora, as only a mage could possibly do something to stop Marjolaine before she could kill Anora, but I was expecting a crushing prison, paralysis glyph, or sleep spell, not slowing time with time spiral like she did. Kudos for a great idea and excellent execution of it :)
Yolantha chapter 2 . 12/19/2014
I just finished Rend Asunder and started on Retribution and I just have to say I'm really looking forward to the rest of it. I greatly enjoyed RA and I'm sure Retribution will be the same, given your great cast of characters and your judicious tweaking of canon to make some things better.
Antosha Chekhonte chapter 64 . 11/21/2014
I started rereading this series quite awhile back (it's slow going as I usually just catch a few chapters a day on my bus ride to/from work and school). I forgot how much I enjoy the perspective of Lihannon and how her relationship with Loghain works. I enjoy Cousland/Loghain stories, but it's difficult to find him with anyone else, like here.

I'm worried about how their relationship will be affected by this whole clusterfuck. I don't think they *can* go back to how they were, but how can they navigate what's left? How can Loghain deal with what he nearly did, even though it obviously was beyond his control? I suppose the Loghain I have in my mind is very fan-influenced, though given what happened to his mother and how that traumatized him, I don't think the Loghain who's horrified by rape is too far from the canon version.

How will Lhiannon be able to handle it too? She always has so much on her plate. The Architect, Velanna screeching (though I suppose those two are/will be non-entities, though the damage they caused will last), mage haters, the bloody Chantry... it's never just a few minutes of peace for her. And now her relationship with Loghain, one of the few things she relies on, has new challenges.

I finally remembered to sign in for story alerts, so I'll be keeping an eye out for a new chapter!
Suilven chapter 64 . 11/7/2014
It was a pleasure to be of assistance, as always! :D

I really like how everything with Anders turned out in the final version of the chapter - the conflict within him is wonderful. So many good reasons to let Justice in, and so many very good reasons for keeping him out. ;)

I feel badly for what Lhi and Loghain are going through right now though. I think they both need a tropical island vacation when this is all over. LOL

Come to think of it, I could use a tropical island vacation, too! You, too, I'd bet!
Suilven chapter 63 . 9/6/2014
The interplay between Lhiannon and Justice is fantastically creepy and compelling. I absolutely love what you've done with this whole sequence. Poor Loghain, too. I have to agree with him that I have no idea how precisely they're going to deal with Justice later. *shudder*

I'm curious as to what's brewing in Amaranthine, too, although I'm confident that Nathaniel will get to the bottom of things (although I'm also sure he's probably not going to like whatever he uncovers there).

This story is wonderful! You're wonderful! More, more, more! :D
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 63 . 8/30/2014
I agree that there's no way to view Justice as a benign spirit, whatever it attempts to claim in canon. Lhiannon acting under its control is very disturbing.