Reviews for The Light Through the Dark
KatieBeth503 chapter 57 . 5/15/2013
You are a superb writer, I can't think of much else to say besides that. Sometimes the way stories are written is awkward and clunky, the scenes don't flow as though they're playing out before you. A good author can make you visualize their plot (pleasant or unpleasant as that may be). That's you, the antithesis of awkward and clunky. Perhaps I'm not particularly adept at praise, but you have it from me in the highest. You write all types of scenes well. I'm off to check if you have any more work out there now, and to check out the beta you mentioned too, because if she garners your approval she must be good! Thank you for sharing your work with us!
KatieBeth503 chapter 56 . 5/15/2013
FINALLY!
KatieBeth503 chapter 55 . 5/15/2013
I want somebody to say that to me someday. "You matter the most to me". Although, at the rate I'm going, 24 and my 14 year old (not biological) has been on more dates than me... I'd say we're not on that path. But maybe. Maybe there's hope in not knowing ;)
KatieBeth503 chapter 49 . 5/15/2013
Arrrrrghhhhhhh I've been so busy flipping from one chapter to the next that I didn't review any of the other ones... but AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH when is she going to tell him? I want my comforting Booth! I'll have you know it's 3:30 AM, and I'm not going to sleep until I'm done with this story. Darn you for being such a good writer... and never has the 'suspense' tag been more warranted!
KatieBeth503 chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
I haven't even finished this chapter and I had to comment on this line: "there is no one in this world to whom I am the most important person". I have said that so many times. *I* have felt that way. For YEARS I have felt that way, I am someone to lots of people but I'm not THE someone to anyone.

I just have to say that when your story gets into a character's head so well that it also gets into the reader's head, you have done a good job. I've always identified with Brennan - and it makes so much sense when other people characterize her the way I do in my head.

Forgive me if this review doesn't make much sense, I've been awake too long and in the emergency room for far too much of it. I just wanted to say I identify with the characterization, and that's a mark of a good writer - so thanks :)
Jencun chapter 33 . 3/19/2013
I'm really disappointed B&B haven't even had a proper hug or that he's not once yet been there for her. It's always been someone else saving her or hugging her or calling her. I'm disappointed.
Jencun chapter 22 . 3/19/2013
This story may be dark, but its not unrealistic, without being too graphic. You're doing a fantastic job and its a brilliant read so far. Just wanted to say...
del1 chapter 14 . 3/15/2013
I know this is an old story, but I just came across it. I don't usually post reviews for stories that I haven't been following chapter by chapter... that are several chapters long, not because I don't want to but because when I do review I like to give play-by-play reviews and really get into what I loved it so they tend to be long... anyway, I really just wanted to say that so far (14 chapters in) this has been a really fantasic story. It was this particular part thought that made me break my rule on the whole "not reviewing old stories w/ several chapers because it would be way too long" rule.

On his way to the elevator, his phone rang. Russ Brennan. Booth answered, snapping, "You damn well better be calling with information on your father."

"I..I...I just called to see if there was any word on Tempe."

"Fuck you." He hung up.

That part there, was probably one of the greatest things I have ever read in Bones fanfiction! Freakin' awesome!

:-)
mychakk chapter 57 . 3/10/2013
so, I read this story in a one go, just started and could not stop myself from finishing it. It came up a few times in searching engine, but I was always wary of the sexual assault warning, but yesterday I read The Shadow in the Scene and I loved it so much, that I decided to give this a go too. And boy, am I glad I did. Wonderful story. Amazing. And although I thrive for as much BB interaction as possible, I liked it how you wrote the story. And I loved your Hannah, and Angela and Cam and Hodgins. And for the first time I hated Max. He was a real bastard. And Caroline! I felt for her and I can see something like this happening to he in the past.

Even the captive time was bearable to read. I can stomach kidnapping, beating, torture, but rape... yet you've treated it carefully and it was bearable, even if I flinched at what Bren went through.

This is definitely one of my fav stories I've read. Good job and thank you for sharing it with us!
Darlingyourewithme chapter 57 . 3/9/2013
Amazing, I loved reading all of it :)
JK chapter 57 . 10/22/2012
With such a dark topic, it seems wrong to say this but I really enjoyed/loved this fic. Great job!
marceline19 chapter 57 . 6/5/2012
I really love that story and the way you write it. The M rated is justified but it is not a creepy one even if you're speaking about torture and rape. I like how you discribe the rapes without too much details or unnecessary ones.
maipigen chapter 57 . 5/29/2012
Great story, It was an emotional rollercoaster. I find myself conflicted on a few points especially Max and that Russ and Bones' relationship isn't totally resolved but at least I don't hate the huy as I do Max now.

And I used to like Max.

Anyway, reallygreat story with a lot of interesting plot and heartache. Really well done!
Shoultastic chapter 57 . 5/14/2012
That is a great story! I chose finishing it over watchg the season finale. I DVRd it...I'm afraid I will not like this episode...Any way: yes the captivity and the search were tough but impossible to stop reading. It was Bones' return to life & Booth's attempts to help that I found the most emotionally compelling. Whenever she was bright back to e captivity and struggled through it in her own...I nearly cried several times. Thank you! I will probably read this again.
dots27 chapter 57 . 1/28/2012
Wow! What a journey! I've been reading this story all week. Actually its one of the things I look forward to after work :P Well, I love angsty stories, but many times they're too cheezy or too rushed - yours was incredible. It was so well written and so detailed that I almost felt I was there. You wrote about difficult subjects with the violence and sexual abuse and emotional trauma afterwards, but you followed through 100%. You didn't go halfway, but at the same time you stopped at the perfect points to allow the us to put the picture together.

Sometimes stories where Bones is captured end up being and dramatic or rushed, your story was a perfect balance. And I think you captured Bones' personality perfectly! The way she reacted during capture and her recovery process - totally Bones! I can imagine she would put herself in Booth's position to try to figure out what to do and hold herself to those standards. Also the way she didn't exactly have a heavy emotional breakdown ... she compartmentalized... very Bones. I was expecting Bones and Booth to kiss at NYE, but I'm glad you didn't do that. The ending was perfect with his reassurance to always be by her side.

I doubt this will be very coherent.. I'm trying to remember everything I liked... Bones' christmas gift for booth - soo sweet... Booth showing up as her gift (what i wouldn't give :P)... I loved loved how you wrote Booth at the hospital waiting to see Bones... I was in tears! You even got Hannah's personality perfect... you didn't make her clingy or too jealous. I loved that she did her own research and found the connection with west virginia - you didn't just make her the new girlfriend to hate for no reason. The backstory, the new characters, Max and Russ, the squints... everyone was just written so well.

I'm a horrible lurker and I'm awful at leaving reviews but I just couldn't not review this! There's so many other things i'm forgetting and I don't know how much sense I'm making so once again kudos on an incredible story! You've inspired me to stop being lazy and actually write something that's long than a chapter. )
1,580 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »