Reviews for The Light Through the Dark
Shoultastic chapter 57 . 5/14/2012
That is a great story! I chose finishing it over watchg the season finale. I DVRd it...I'm afraid I will not like this episode...Any way: yes the captivity and the search were tough but impossible to stop reading. It was Bones' return to life & Booth's attempts to help that I found the most emotionally compelling. Whenever she was bright back to e captivity and struggled through it in her own...I nearly cried several times. Thank you! I will probably read this again.
dots27 chapter 57 . 1/28/2012
Wow! What a journey! I've been reading this story all week. Actually its one of the things I look forward to after work :P Well, I love angsty stories, but many times they're too cheezy or too rushed - yours was incredible. It was so well written and so detailed that I almost felt I was there. You wrote about difficult subjects with the violence and sexual abuse and emotional trauma afterwards, but you followed through 100%. You didn't go halfway, but at the same time you stopped at the perfect points to allow the us to put the picture together.

Sometimes stories where Bones is captured end up being and dramatic or rushed, your story was a perfect balance. And I think you captured Bones' personality perfectly! The way she reacted during capture and her recovery process - totally Bones! I can imagine she would put herself in Booth's position to try to figure out what to do and hold herself to those standards. Also the way she didn't exactly have a heavy emotional breakdown ... she compartmentalized... very Bones. I was expecting Bones and Booth to kiss at NYE, but I'm glad you didn't do that. The ending was perfect with his reassurance to always be by her side.

I doubt this will be very coherent.. I'm trying to remember everything I liked... Bones' christmas gift for booth - soo sweet... Booth showing up as her gift (what i wouldn't give :P)... I loved loved how you wrote Booth at the hospital waiting to see Bones... I was in tears! You even got Hannah's personality perfect... you didn't make her clingy or too jealous. I loved that she did her own research and found the connection with west virginia - you didn't just make her the new girlfriend to hate for no reason. The backstory, the new characters, Max and Russ, the squints... everyone was just written so well.

I'm a horrible lurker and I'm awful at leaving reviews but I just couldn't not review this! There's so many other things i'm forgetting and I don't know how much sense I'm making so once again kudos on an incredible story! You've inspired me to stop being lazy and actually write something that's long than a chapter. )
lildeedee80 chapter 57 . 10/19/2011
I couldn't put it down, it was exceedingly difficult but sleep won out. Great story. My heart ached for them all. I'm a notorious lurker but some stories cannot be left without telling the author how great they are. I almost didn't read this but I'm glad I turned back and did. Again great job. Can't wait to read the rest of your work.
broilthesuspect chapter 19 . 10/18/2011
I am so glad to find a fic that allows me to like Hannah. Even watching the show, I didn't hate Hannah, for the simple reason that she made her intentions clear. I could never hate her JUST BECAUSE she was dating Booth.

But your story is portraying her to be at least caring towards Booth, no matter whether she has egotistical reasons for helping him with the case and by letting Booth use her. It's rather sad, actually (but so good).
broilthesuspect chapter 16 . 10/18/2011
I was so upset last night when I had to stop reading this - I had to get up this morning for work and knew I needed to sleep.

But now I can't stop reading - I can't wait to see where this is going to go.

Excellent writing!
the peppermint grove chapter 57 . 10/10/2011
I just stumbled on this today and had to read to the end. Heartbreakingly sad and amazingly well written. I'll say it again. AMAZING
Aurelie G chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
love it !
birobird93 chapter 57 . 9/15/2011
Good lord, that played with my emotions.

I've tried looking for Bones fics that are actually well written. I gotta tell you, it's difficult. AND THEN THERE WAS YOU.

I cried and I gasped and I made a fool of myself with how much this story consumed me. EXTREMELY WELL DONE. I just, I can't even...

It wasn't the same cliched drivel that's always surrounding my favourite fandom fics, it was genuine and divine and haunting and just excellent. The characters were never OOC and they all sounded exactly like themselves (save for Max) but still, PERFECTION!
anonymous.individual chapter 57 . 8/27/2011
Ngaw... that was great :)

Thanks for writing.
khalek-aeryn chapter 57 . 8/20/2011
Fantastic story. I really enjoyed it.

However I was kind of expecting more. Not fluff or declarations or anything, just wasn't what I was hoping for. It feels rushed and unfinished at the end to me. But I'm a crazy Aussie so don't mind me.

Either way, well written.
W.S.C. Magica De Spell chapter 57 . 8/15/2011
Awesome story.
Aurelie G chapter 57 . 8/10/2011
I love your story !

Thank you so much !
Monkey62 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I thought your story was very well written and found myself constantly stealing moments to read a bit more. Thank you.
Greened Ink chapter 20 . 7/28/2011
y-ouch. That was hard to read. Good writing.
sanspeur chapter 57 . 7/25/2011
Always lovely. This chapter truly touches all that I love best about this story - the flow, the reality, and the truth. Thank you so much for sharing your truly wonderful story! I will definitely read whatever else you've got!
1,582 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »