Reviews for The Light Through the Dark
khalek-aeryn chapter 57 . 8/20/2011
Fantastic story. I really enjoyed it.

However I was kind of expecting more. Not fluff or declarations or anything, just wasn't what I was hoping for. It feels rushed and unfinished at the end to me. But I'm a crazy Aussie so don't mind me.

Either way, well written.
MidnightHalcyon chapter 57 . 8/15/2011
Awesome story.
Aurelie G chapter 57 . 8/10/2011
I love your story !

Thank you so much !
Monkey62 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I thought your story was very well written and found myself constantly stealing moments to read a bit more. Thank you.
Greened Ink chapter 20 . 7/28/2011
y-ouch. That was hard to read. Good writing.
sanspeur chapter 57 . 7/25/2011
Always lovely. This chapter truly touches all that I love best about this story - the flow, the reality, and the truth. Thank you so much for sharing your truly wonderful story! I will definitely read whatever else you've got!
sanspeur chapter 56 . 7/25/2011
At the beginning, I was going to say sweet and adorable. In the middle, I had in mind the abstract value of truth. Now, I know this chapter is beautiful - it is peace.
sanspeur chapter 55 . 7/25/2011
Sorry, I was out of town for the week! Just wanted to drop in and say: .this.
TempeJill chapter 57 . 7/23/2011
This story was truly marvelous. You carried through every detail with such amazing flow and detail, and nothing ever felt out of place. Everything about the plot line was perfect, and spaced just right. I loved every second of it; thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. You're a fantastic writer.

~Jill
Silvertounge chapter 57 . 7/19/2011
Wow, I go away for a few days and come back to see like 3 new chapters and the completion of this story. It's been one of my favorites for so long I don't know what I'm going to read!

The end to this was everything I could have hoped for and then some. It was B/B to the very core, even with the circumstances you invented yourself. But you took your story and wove it in with the characters so brilliantly, changing them as they would have to for the situation but still leaving them very much themselves. I loved every word right down to the perfectly fitting ending, and I do hope I get to read more from you in the future.

All the best!
CJsMom chapter 57 . 7/19/2011
When I came home from vacation, I had a wonderful gift waiting in my inbox: your story is finished! I love love loved it. The whole thing was wonderful, but my favorite chapter was the one in which Caroline told her story to Brennan. I think because it was something I didn't expect, and also because I tear up when I read the last few lines every single time I read it. I hope inspiration hits again very soon. I'll miss seeing your updates.
huronia chapter 57 . 7/18/2011
Brava! I hope you feel a well-deserved sense of accomplishment. You tackled a very difficult subject in a very honest way and did not let it become maudlin or cliched. You posted on a real schedule (as a fanfic reader, I totally understand that RL interferes with the best laid plans, but it's so refreshing when an author sets a schedule and sticks to it). You had an excellent handle on the captivity scenes. They were sometimes physically painful to read.

I personally would have preferred that what you have chosen for the ending was actually 2/3 through the story, so we could have seen more of her (and their) healing process.

You kept the characters very much IC, which, in an odd way, is my other criticism. I find that TV Brennan sometimes falls into Mary Sue territory. While the Brennan you have written is very much like her television character, I find it difficult to believe that anyone would endure what she did and still be alive, let alone make it through the aftermath. I guess I could say you have hit one of my buttons, as far as Brennan is concerned.

This was a huge undertaking and I'm sure you are ready for a rest. I hope that we see you back again with another story as I really enjoyed your writing. It was a pleasure reviewing this story and hearing your thoughts in your replies.
daffodil101 chapter 57 . 7/18/2011
it's over! no it can't be! I'm in denial! That's the first stage of grief or something right? haha. Really can't believe it. It will be so weird not checking on here to find updates every couple of days :o( Amazing, amAAAAzing job. May need to go read it again! I've been struck the whole way through by your insight and skill as a writer. Can you let us know if there's gonna be a sequel? pretty please? or another story, I might just have to go read your back-catalogue.

Kudos on a job very well done :o)
RositaLG chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
So sad to see this one go. It was perfect in every way. :)
boredoclover chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
I want to write you the most amazing review ever, but there aren't words. But this has definitely been one of my favourite stories ever on this site. This story is the reason I've been reading anything here, I've just been coming on looking for updates. I'm gonna miss it. And I've really really enjoyed it.

When you first said there were only 2 chapters left my first thought was that it would be impossible for you to end this story properly in such a short space. But then I thought about how amazing your writing had been so far and figured you would do it somehow. And you did, this ending is perfect.

Thank you for an awesome ride! An amazing story! Hopefully you'll be writing more soon :)
1,588 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »