Reviews for The Light Through the Dark
TempeJill chapter 57 . 7/23/2011
This story was truly marvelous. You carried through every detail with such amazing flow and detail, and nothing ever felt out of place. Everything about the plot line was perfect, and spaced just right. I loved every second of it; thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. You're a fantastic writer.

Jill
Silvertounge chapter 57 . 7/19/2011
Wow, I go away for a few days and come back to see like 3 new chapters and the completion of this story. It's been one of my favorites for so long I don't know what I'm going to read!

The end to this was everything I could have hoped for and then some. It was B/B to the very core, even with the circumstances you invented yourself. But you took your story and wove it in with the characters so brilliantly, changing them as they would have to for the situation but still leaving them very much themselves. I loved every word right down to the perfectly fitting ending, and I do hope I get to read more from you in the future.

All the best!
CJsMom chapter 57 . 7/19/2011
When I came home from vacation, I had a wonderful gift waiting in my inbox: your story is finished! I love love loved it. The whole thing was wonderful, but my favorite chapter was the one in which Caroline told her story to Brennan. I think because it was something I didn't expect, and also because I tear up when I read the last few lines every single time I read it. I hope inspiration hits again very soon. I'll miss seeing your updates.
huronia chapter 57 . 7/18/2011
Brava! I hope you feel a well-deserved sense of accomplishment. You tackled a very difficult subject in a very honest way and did not let it become maudlin or cliched. You posted on a real schedule (as a fanfic reader, I totally understand that RL interferes with the best laid plans, but it's so refreshing when an author sets a schedule and sticks to it). You had an excellent handle on the captivity scenes. They were sometimes physically painful to read.

I personally would have preferred that what you have chosen for the ending was actually 2/3 through the story, so we could have seen more of her (and their) healing process.

You kept the characters very much IC, which, in an odd way, is my other criticism. I find that TV Brennan sometimes falls into Mary Sue territory. While the Brennan you have written is very much like her television character, I find it difficult to believe that anyone would endure what she did and still be alive, let alone make it through the aftermath. I guess I could say you have hit one of my buttons, as far as Brennan is concerned.

This was a huge undertaking and I'm sure you are ready for a rest. I hope that we see you back again with another story as I really enjoyed your writing. It was a pleasure reviewing this story and hearing your thoughts in your replies.
daffodil101 chapter 57 . 7/18/2011
it's over! no it can't be! I'm in denial! That's the first stage of grief or something right? haha. Really can't believe it. It will be so weird not checking on here to find updates every couple of days :o( Amazing, amAAAAzing job. May need to go read it again! I've been struck the whole way through by your insight and skill as a writer. Can you let us know if there's gonna be a sequel? pretty please? or another story, I might just have to go read your back-catalogue.

Kudos on a job very well done :o)
RositaLG chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
So sad to see this one go. It was perfect in every way. :)
boredoclover chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
I want to write you the most amazing review ever, but there aren't words. But this has definitely been one of my favourite stories ever on this site. This story is the reason I've been reading anything here, I've just been coming on looking for updates. I'm gonna miss it. And I've really really enjoyed it.

When you first said there were only 2 chapters left my first thought was that it would be impossible for you to end this story properly in such a short space. But then I thought about how amazing your writing had been so far and figured you would do it somehow. And you did, this ending is perfect.

Thank you for an awesome ride! An amazing story! Hopefully you'll be writing more soon :)
gglver123 chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
I definitely teared up these last few chapters. utterly amazing. I'm at awe with the fluidity of your writing and the sentiment you convey. I hope to read more of your work in the future!
LondonLi chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
You finished it! And ahead of schedule, too!;) I was a little disappointed by the ending; it was definitely on the ambiguous side. But given the nature of this story, the tone of the conclusion fit perfectly. And I know you really don't do "fluffy" so I wasn't expecting more, just hoping they'd actually make it to a defined status as a couple. But you have such a great handle on their characters, and really, they've been back in their quasi-undefined relationship for many chapters now. They both showed incredible personal growth, both individually and as a couple, while maintaining who they were and I can totally envision this playing out on screen. Thanks for being so consistent about posting and giving us something to look forward to during the awful mid and post-Hannah period and this hiatus. Hope you're inspired in a new direction soon!
TheDropBear chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
I've been rather slack with my reviews (well, in all honesty, I'm rather slack with reviews in general)but now that it's complete, it would be remiss of me not to let you know how much I enjoyed reading this. It is generally late at night here when you post and I often stayed up, waiting for the update, quickly devoured it and then was disgruntled that I was going to have to wait a whole 2-3 days before the next update. That wasn't meant to be a complaint, I loved your regular updating schedule, it was meant to be a sign of how engrossed I became in this fic.

I loved the way you showed the horror and the impact of her time in captivity, without being graphic. It was perhaps more powerful because you mostly told it through her reactions. I also loved that there was no simple or easy fix. All of the characters reacted in a very true to character manner - great work. I also liked that she ultimately confided in Booth and that they were repairing their relationship and moving forward together but that you did not end it with them forming a relationship, That would not have seemed very plausible after what she went through, but you gave us enough of a suggestion that they might be able to move forward together one day.

Great work.
Silver maker chapter 57 . 7/17/2011
BRAVA!
ProfeJMarie chapter 57 . 7/16/2011
I love how Booth realizes those "million different" ways that Brennan could have dealt with everything and appreciates the strength of the woman next to him and rises to the expectation that he must be equally strong (and, btw, I recognize the lines that you were referring to with "not about me" *fistbump*) and how he makes sure she understands what his "I'm sorry" means... especially when she had spent so much time worrying that there would be pity, guilt, or similar.

So very Brennan-like to want to revisit her questions about what she should have done differently - and kudos to Booth for being able to come across convincingly to her with his answers.

Great levity... real... and so cute that Booth gets excited about possibly having a "baby Temperance."

"I don't do anything that I can't do well." - so Brennan and doesn't that just make us so proud of her?

And love that Booth presses and reminds her of this: "And where will I be?"

All so nicely handled. Well done, my friend. And, speaking hypocritically, maybe after a... while... we'll see something else from you. And you know, it doesn't HAVE to be 57 chapters. You could think on a smaller scale and still do justice to the story. "The girl's got talent." :-) Just sayin'. Shutting up now.
JDB3100 chapter 57 . 7/16/2011
Fantastic story. One of my favorites on this site (across all genres).
omslagspapper chapter 57 . 7/16/2011
omslagspapper loves the ending!

omslagspapper also offers up that jsq won't have to miss omslagspapper's awesome reviews if she writes another story.

or perhaps periodically omslagspapper will just have to message jsq to say how awesome jsq is. five stars, 14 carnival prizes, 7 dog biscuits, 2 hands up, 1 giant and ridiculously expensive necklace to the bottom of the ocean, 8 choc chip cookies that are STILL WARM, and 3 high fives.

-omslagspapper, OUT
Adgie chapter 57 . 7/16/2011
I'm really quite sad that this is over. In my Top 3, for sure. I read this story religiously.

Now what will I do with my life? What can I look forward to now. (besides nov 3)

Thank you so much for this story!
1,580 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »