Reviews for Breathe In
Noxbait chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Wow wow wow! Loved this! The line: "He couldn't live without Sam now that he remembered what it was like to live with him again, the real him. No one could live when their soul lay dying in front of them."...that was so beautiful! I agree with you about the boys being each others souls. They are two sides to the same coin...they need each other, as Dean said, to keep each other human (and sane). Loved this tag soo much! Thanks for sharing! :-)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
That was a great picture of how the boys really felt in that episode.
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
This, again, was incredible. You put soooo much emotion into this and I could feel Dean struggling to breathe even though he really didn't want to if Sam couldn't. The desperation was palpable. They are soulmates and taking one of them away just rips the very essence of the other one away too. Gah! This was awesome! Also, you're not alone. I had to rewatch that scene a dozen times. It completely broke me. It was like being back in Cold Oak again. *sob* Thanks for writing and sharing. *hugs*
BlaBlaBla chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
LOVE that quote from the Amber Spyglass at the beginning...love that book...possibly the strangest and most out-there series I've ever read...

But anyway, I'm glad someone picked up on this scene, cuz like you, my heart was clenching during this whole scene, I could feel Dean's pain and fear like it was my own, and I'm glad someone had the idea to put the peices together as to what he was thinking during this scene.

This was really good! The only thing I might suggest, is that throughout the whole thing, it was rather contemplative, for such an adrenaline-inducing scene. I would probably have held back on that a little until it was perfectly clear that the danger had passed, it would make it a little more realistic.

But other than that, this was uber good character developement, and you captured Dean's emotions well, so kudos to you!

ash
phyllis16 chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
i liked this .are you adding to it
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Totally agree with you AN. Thanks for the story, Nicole. :)
twomom chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I think you're totally right. It's always been just the two of them against the world their whole lives. Sure they've fought, had disagreements and don't always see eye to eye but that's because they're brothers. But when it counts, they know they only have each other and one can't live without the other. It was one of the most powerful scenes of SPN and there have been many. It ranks right up in the top five. I loved how you depicted it and and wrote it. Thanks so much and looking forward to more of you.