Reviews for Paging Dr Bell
TheDarkMan19 chapter 11 . 8/23
I enjoy the story. but...yeah that's totally cheating. whether you're loyal in your heart or not or any of that emotional crap. the action was unfaithful. Unless it was an understood open relationship which if so wasn't implied well. granted he handled it poorly too.
Royal Army? What Royal Army?
Faery66 chapter 24 . 8/12
Hope to read more soon.

D
Toodamnmanyfandoms chapter 9 . 6/12
Re: Filler chapters
Oh my god thank you so much. The amount of stories I've read where I read a nice chapter or a chapter where people actually have a conversation and then the author says 'oh sorry for the filler chapter', and I'm left sitting there saying 'Um what the fuck i actually really enjoyed that?' I love the story so far, by the way :).
Hamilton chapter 24 . 4/24
Great story, and please do not let the fact you are "straying from canon" stop you from continuing! It's your story, so let it evolve theway you want; simply use the parts of canon you can use and ignore the rest...after all, fanfiction is not just 'fan' but also 'fiction' ;-)!
Noble Korhedron chapter 15 . 4/10
Just F.Y.I, don't you remember Hermione said 'Hogwarts: A History' FAILED to mention that they're "all colluding in the oppression of a hundred slaves"? So your criticism of her for not knowing much about them in canon is a bit off-target, IMO…
John Wilburn chapter 21 . 2/6
While this may not typical, my own parents, had 14 year age gap. My father was 32 and Mom was 18 when they married.
Please finish this story. The varied viewpoints and plots are intriguing.
sisyphus1967 chapter 24 . 1/6
I hope your rethinking is going well as this is a well thought out and generally well written story that I'd love to see continued.
KMF-G chapter 11 . 12/19/2015
So Selene was lesbian as fuck or not?
Saying she loved her husband and enjoyed sex with him, but always cheated on him with other lesbians? You cannot have it both ways. You know, love and trust, until death... You come back from work and found your beloved wife shaging other lesbian. If that do not does induce any violent feelings... you have no love for person you supposedly love. It does not mater if person cheat on you with the same sex or opposite sex person. It is cheating regardless. You can say I'm some dinosaur regarding relationships but truth does not change.
bleme chapter 24 . 8/19/2015
Despite the authors assurances, it has been almost 2 years since an update, which is a real shame since I have enjoyed this story immensely thus far. I usually filter fanfiction to only show completed stories for this very reason.
rpeh chapter 24 . 8/13/2015
Another brilliant story from zArkham, albeit another story that's not had an update in a long time.

I love the sense of Great Things Happening that you've managed to create; the Beltane ritual is the most obvious example but there's plenty more. It made the story into a... I want to say "page-turner" but that doesn't work on the 'net... "Scrollbar-clicker", perhaps? as I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

It's a little discombobulating at times because of the large number of POVs; you have the present-day chat between Luna and Katie, the past narrative in the third person, plus I-lost-count-how-many different characters telling a story from the first person. I got used to it, but at first there was a real crunching of mental gears as the story went from one to the other.

I was glad to read that you haven't abandoned this story (although very POed that this wasn't a real chapter) and I can't wait to see more. Thanks for writing.
RykOakwine chapter 5 . 7/14/2015
It's... It's almost impossible to read this a second time. Reading about Katie talking to Harry, making him trust her with his wounded, abused, heart. Yet knowing what's coming up in chapter 20, and how later in chapter 23 Harry let's his heartbreak be not-important, because that's the expectations of these people who have a use for him.

They can use him, he's useful to the team.

Surely you'll not be troublesome over such a little matter, will you, Harry? Come on, Harry! You're not going to be one of those troublesome people we have to kick off the team because you can't handle seeing the most important girl in your life being bent over the team captains desk and being roggered, are you? Be a team player, Harry! You're not going to troublesome, are you?"

It's almost making me sick at my stomach, reading chapter 4's Katie's efforts to get Harry to trust her, about the abuse and the Mirror. Like, literally, my stomach hurts, reading this. I suspect this just isn't a story with re-read value for me because of the gut wrenching betrayal of chapter 20 and how in the aftermath Harry allowed himself to be made unimportant, be a team player, don't be troublesome.

Reading how Harry is being abused by his quidditch team isn't any more fun than reading him being abused by the Dursley's. Worse, actually. :(
Noble Korhedron chapter 4 . 7/12/2015
Q. Did this 'Save Ferris' song perchance inspire a Swedish vampire movie, by any chance? You've heard of "Let Me In"? The original is similar, albeit called "Let the Right One In".
M-python-girl chapter 24 . 7/11/2015
I am loving this, and hoping to see more soon. It is different and high quality enough for my brain to automatically speculate.

Some thoughts/brainstorming you can ignore:
It would be interesting if year three didn't have a greater villain. As amusing as seeing Remus crack and Prank Umbridge might be, it could be about The Girls and their competition and friendship. Of course, Voldemort could just kidnap Harry at the end of year three (since Peter escaped year two) though without Crouch Jr. it would be difficult. The Resurrection Ritual could be seen as a second Winter, so a mild Spring/Summer for a decade, the return of winter, and the a Blazing Summer as Harry comes to full power... the question is, who will be his second Holly King? That probably won't come up. The side(?) plot with Malfoy should be interesting, and you seem the sort to add in Andrey (and Sirius?) at the Wizengamot.

I don't really care where this ends up, the journey is amazingly fun!