Reviews for Paging Dr Bell
bleme chapter 24 . 8/19
Despite the authors assurances, it has been almost 2 years since an update, which is a real shame since I have enjoyed this story immensely thus far. I usually filter fanfiction to only show completed stories for this very reason.
rpeh chapter 24 . 8/13
Another brilliant story from zArkham, albeit another story that's not had an update in a long time.

I love the sense of Great Things Happening that you've managed to create; the Beltane ritual is the most obvious example but there's plenty more. It made the story into a... I want to say "page-turner" but that doesn't work on the 'net... "Scrollbar-clicker", perhaps? as I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

It's a little discombobulating at times because of the large number of POVs; you have the present-day chat between Luna and Katie, the past narrative in the third person, plus I-lost-count-how-many different characters telling a story from the first person. I got used to it, but at first there was a real crunching of mental gears as the story went from one to the other.

I was glad to read that you haven't abandoned this story (although very POed that this wasn't a real chapter) and I can't wait to see more. Thanks for writing.
RykOakwine chapter 5 . 7/14
It's... It's almost impossible to read this a second time. Reading about Katie talking to Harry, making him trust her with his wounded, abused, heart. Yet knowing what's coming up in chapter 20, and how later in chapter 23 Harry let's his heartbreak be not-important, because that's the expectations of these people who have a use for him.

They can use him, he's useful to the team.

Surely you'll not be troublesome over such a little matter, will you, Harry? Come on, Harry! You're not going to be one of those troublesome people we have to kick off the team because you can't handle seeing the most important girl in your life being bent over the team captains desk and being roggered, are you? Be a team player, Harry! You're not going to troublesome, are you?"

It's almost making me sick at my stomach, reading chapter 4's Katie's efforts to get Harry to trust her, about the abuse and the Mirror. Like, literally, my stomach hurts, reading this. I suspect this just isn't a story with re-read value for me because of the gut wrenching betrayal of chapter 20 and how in the aftermath Harry allowed himself to be made unimportant, be a team player, don't be troublesome.

Reading how Harry is being abused by his quidditch team isn't any more fun than reading him being abused by the Dursley's. Worse, actually. :(
Noble Korhedron chapter 4 . 7/12
Q. Did this 'Save Ferris' song perchance inspire a Swedish vampire movie, by any chance? You've heard of "Let Me In"? The original is similar, albeit called "Let the Right One In".
M-python-girl chapter 24 . 7/11
I am loving this, and hoping to see more soon. It is different and high quality enough for my brain to automatically speculate.

Some thoughts/brainstorming you can ignore:
It would be interesting if year three didn't have a greater villain. As amusing as seeing Remus crack and Prank Umbridge might be, it could be about The Girls and their competition and friendship. Of course, Voldemort could just kidnap Harry at the end of year three (since Peter escaped year two) though without Crouch Jr. it would be difficult. The Resurrection Ritual could be seen as a second Winter, so a mild Spring/Summer for a decade, the return of winter, and the a Blazing Summer as Harry comes to full power... the question is, who will be his second Holly King? That probably won't come up. The side(?) plot with Malfoy should be interesting, and you seem the sort to add in Andrey (and Sirius?) at the Wizengamot.

I don't really care where this ends up, the journey is amazingly fun!
Anderfail chapter 24 . 5/4
So this is one of the more fucked up magical universes that I've seen. Not in the sense of evil or apocalyptic nature of it but more in the implication of magic. It appears that magic has serious drawbacks here in that it basically strips your free will and you will be forced into certain things no matter if you want it or not. That must be terrifying for everyone involved. With family magics, life debts, uncontrollable sexual urges, higher powers, etc. there is very little control wizards and witches appear to have over their own lives.

Outside of the Firebird Trilogy from Darth Marrs, this is one of the darker harem stories out there despite the humor.

Overall fantastic story so far, definitely looking forward to more.
HaywireEagle chapter 5 . 12/25/2014
Wizard's ages tend to vary far too greatly to really have a guage for them. Armando Dippet (The Headmaster before Dumbledore) was something like 250 by the time of the Philospher's stone. In the movie the make a nod to this in one of the issues of the Daily Prophet about him and having his broom privelages revoked or some such thing.

To the chapter itself. It was rather mediocre compared to your other ones for the most part. To me anyway. It just doesn't seem to mesh against what you have. Almost like another author write this one.
HaywireEagle chapter 4 . 12/25/2014
Honestly, the whole "People are sheepy maroons and wore blinders until the story begins" thing tends to bug me. It feels like someone cut a finished script and pasted it against a basic story board. It takes away from the well written story you have gotten down so far.

There is also the whole Dursley child-abuse thing that just makes the whole feel a touch too dark and twisty to me.
HaywireEagle chapter 3 . 12/25/2014
I'm really starting to like this. It is very well written despite the Harem tag. Usually they are rather.. lopsided for the most part. So far, I really don't see that so far.
at-nightfall chapter 13 . 11/30/2014
I can follow your reasoning for summer solstice.
But why do you consider Beltane more important than the Spring Equinox?
Noble Korhedron chapter 19 . 10/18/2014
"an experiment to test this claim"! *ROFL* Yeah, right... *rolls eyes*
Patrick Nakasone chapter 24 . 9/24/2014
Have to deal with a pregnancy Luna and the “censoured” alone should cause Harry enough drama. Then you add to it the various girls that have been given orders/suggestion to get closer to him . Lessons from Andromeda on what he needs to learn to become a successful lord. Dumbldore trying various plans to get him back under his control. Add all together and Harry will long for the simplicity of Tom trying kill him.

How Death Eater families react to Tom being around still will be completely based on why they supported him in the first place. I think a good number of the Death Eater families will take a wait and see attitude as Harry is coming under the influence of Andromeda Black. Supporting the Dark lord becomes a whole different issue if Harry starts to subscribe to the idea that redeeming death eaters means turning them into mulch to be used as fertilizer. Of course it is possible that at least one family will turn against him because they think that Horcruxs are over the line of acceptability even if they would happily massacre muggles and muggle born.

For the time being Draco is effectively neutralized as the Malfoys are on very thin ice with Sirius becoming head of the black family and they are one signature away from being ruined financially. Narcissa was correct that their best hope was to convince Andromeda that they are more valuable to the family black with her marriage to Lucius staying put. Lucius would be less then happy with Draco if he was the cause of things going pear shaped. In all honesty I thing Draco is going to have his hands full dealing with the politics in his house as he no longer has the level of protection he once enjoyed. He also no longer has the status of being seen as the next Lord Black.
HairyLimey chapter 5 . 9/23/2014
Sorry to tell you this but there is no such thing as the Royal Army there's the Royal Navy the Royal Marines and the Royal Airforce but the Army is just...well the Army :-)
The Epitome of Eccentricity chapter 19 . 9/20/2014
So mote it be.

Couldn't resist, lol.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/27/2014
Thanks for the update on the story, I really like it. Plus you mentioned your other story Hogwarts U, which I plain on checking out as soon as im done with this review. Also there is a something that has been bothering me for a while in chapter 5. I mentions about Molly being dissatisfied about Percy's estrangement from the family, but you had him killed off/ ghosted. I bet you didnt plan of him dying when you wrote ch 5, but if you could some how edit the ch to something else so future readers wont get confused? Unless you plain on him coming back alive then just for get this