Reviews for One Step Ahead
duorock chapter 3 . 4/14
"paternity test" ! :D that sounds just like mycroft!
and THAT should have been john's reaction in the original story!
good job!
becgate chapter 3 . 10/16/2014
Loved it! !
kelasnglb chapter 3 . 1/15/2014
a very very good modern the adventure of dying detective !
Doni chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
Sherlock deserved a good punch. Well done!
KC1965 chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
I've read Dying Detective and several 'updates' and yet this one took me completely by surprise. Well done!
Dawn-Butterfly chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
LOL. I'm so angry with Sherlock that I can't write a proper review.
the Twice-ler chapter 3 . 4/17/2012
"Mycroft looked at his unconscious brother as if he were an interesting work of modern art."

This line is brilliant. Just like the story.
ManyWhispers chapter 2 . 3/20/2012
Dude, The Dying Detective is one of the handful of Sherlock Holmes stories that I've actually read and I STILL didn't catch on until the end of Chapter 2.

Kudos to you. You actually followed the original story very closely and still managed to make it distinctly yours. Very well done.
Katherine chapter 3 . 2/8/2012
o my gosh great ending! so funny, i knew somthing was wrong! but damn Sherlock is soo mean doing that! haha it was really exciting none the less i loved it ! great job.
Linwe Elendil chapter 3 . 7/26/2011
The Dying Detective is one of my favorites, too! I actually have an update in mind for it as well, but completely different from this one, so no worries - I won't steal anything.

This story was very well done! :-)
CountryGrl chapter 3 . 7/17/2011
Oh, this is rather spectacular xD I knew what was going to happen, but the first chapter especially was still very impactful. This: "You should know, John, that for his own fantastic reasons, Sherlock has had a paternity test. He is our father's son." made me laugh. A lot. Priceless, this! :)
akisura12 chapter 3 . 4/27/2011
Mm, I'd say you did a great job on the re-write too! Even having read the original basis, I did not recognize it for an adaption until the end, due to its clever origjnaltiy. I liked it a lot.
The Red Fedora chapter 3 . 3/2/2011
I always thought Watson should have hit Holmes for that one - the Victorian Watson wouldn't have (with the exception of Jude Law's Watson perhaps) - loved it!
LeDragonQuiMangeDuPoisson chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
Hooray! Wow, I completely missed the fact that this had been updated, but now I'm back in the loop. Loved it!
moonagedaydreaming chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
Ha! I knew it! or well... I suspected it...

I really think that this was a great version of "the dying detective", you've worked well with the characters and the story and so on.

and thank you for uploadin so quick ;)