Reviews for Sanctuary
Celtic.tigress7 chapter 10 . 11/21
I've just discovered you and I think I'm in love! I am absolutely fascinated with the universe you've created here. I think this is the most creative and intriguing world-building I've seen around the "Marriage Law" trope and once I realized how deep your plotting went I was hard-pressed not to squeal with joy. I've just spent the day reading all of Spellcaster and this little snippet of Sanctuary as I've been sick in bed all day. You've made what could have been sheer misery into a lovely jump down your rabbit hole.

The dynamic between Hermione and Snape was very intriguing. You created the binary of almost unwilling fascination between them so well and it was a very interesting departure from the usual passionate romance one usually gets in an HG/SS story. I also liked how there were so many different parts of the story going on in the background. The hints given to the reader were tantalizing, and the payoff at the end when (almost) all of the secrets were revealed was worth the wait! And in Sanctuary that same mysterious road has started again and I'm desperate to know where you are going with things! What is the mysterious origin of the sentient building on the island? Why is McGonagall so disturbed by its existence? How is Harry going to react when he realizes Ginny won't be cooperating with their collective treason? What will Ginny do when she cottons on to the fact that things are going on without her after everyone disappears on Moving Day? You have me quivering with curiosity!

I'm sad to see this story hasn't been updated in almost 4 years, I'm sure the completed project would be just as magnificent as Spellcaster is. I realize inspiration runs out and life circumstances intervene, but if you ever return your efforts to this story, know that you will have this devoted reader hanging off your every word. If you have the time or inclination to reply, feel free to send me a message at the email below. Thank you for these fabulous stories!

7 at gmail dot com
gail19 chapter 10 . 11/11
So amazing. I wonder what the island / castle will be when it grows up?
hmm.. I don't know how you do it, but your work is simply amazing! After reading "Spellcaster" I thought that story was the most complex and interestingly deep fanfiction I've ever read. I am not surprised that this one is just as intriguing. A new future arrives, along with new problems. And I can't stop wondering what new challenges will come to pass. Is the Sanctuary a danger in itself for this new society? And how will the old one will cope with it. The kids will loose their family, they will need competent leaders and proffessionals in a lot of areas, even though they are graduated are they ready to start a new society? Or is this to be just a temporary sanctuary? And what the implications will be if they decide to return? How will the Ministry do to their family? And what about the infusion of muggles into a closed up society? No matter how smart a person is, or how educated, it is highly improbable to succeed with these premises. And is running a Griffindor thing? Not to mention the right thing to do? Hermione's reasons to Ginny were correct that it might take too many years to save the kids within the legal ways, but.. there really wasn't another way?
zamorabaggins chapter 10 . 10/8
This is a great continuation of your first story. Leaving Ginny behind? That's brutal. I really hope you'll come back to this. Does sanctuary trap them? Does Draco come? How does Hermione save the muggles? Fighting the ministry! So many plots to unravel...thank you for your creativity and your time!
dracoisforever chapter 10 . 7/28
Done! Ready for the next chappie...

*twiddle thumbs*

Seriously, wonderful story!
dracoisforever chapter 6 . 7/28
Things look to be going right along, too bad about Ginny, though... I had to drive my carpool for soccer camp this morning, so it gave you a bit of extra time to finish... ;) lol!
dracoisforever chapter 1 . 7/28
Yay! I found the sequel! I notice it isn't marked as completed... it should take me about an hour read 10 chapters, so if you could envision, write, edit and post the rest in about an hour, I would really, really appreciate it... ;) lol! All kidding aside, I think this is a fabulous story and I hope you find your mojo enough to complete it at some point... Super well done!
KeepCalmLoveSeverus chapter 10 . 6/24
IM GOING TO CRY THE SAME WAY I DID LAST TIME I READ THIS. I miss this series so much. :(
daisycb chapter 10 . 5/24
Please finish this. I want to know what happens. Spellcaster is great and this is shaping up to be as well.
Je vais oublier chapter 10 . 5/19
Alright. Basically, I've been fascinated with this story (and the previous story) for the last 2 days and when I've managed to actually fall asleep I've dreamed about this story. Please, for my continued deteriorating sanity, please be motivated to continue writing! I desperately need more of this. The whole concept of sentient castles just makes me gooey inside.

I also particularly adore Hermione's interaction with Severus - especially with regard to their particular dynamic of protocol. It has made me absolutely bananas about them all through the last day or two.

Please, oh please, write and update!
Gyreflight chapter 10 . 5/3
I try to review stories that call me back to read them again, and the Spellcaster series more than earns that in its originality of world-building (and characterisation) – in a fandom the size of Harry Potter, it's no small thing to be so immediately memorable. It's not always a comfortable read, and it's not the story that the reader may at first be expecting, but it more than rewards those willing to follow it through.

As a sequel, Sanctuary is only just getting started, so it is more full of hints and questions, especially since it's now going seriously AU from canon. The aftermath of the war now ties in with the fallout from the Marriage Law – what it means, what it does to society, and what will come of opposing it (not to mention that little suggestion that since the Ministry is fulfilling the adversarial position of Dark Lord, and Hermione is now the Lady of Light, this may well be a conflict on more levels than the obvious). And, of course, the follow-through on what Hermione and Severus have sworn between them...and what they may make of that now that all bets are cleared.

I hope that this is a universe your muse sees fit to return to one day – there will be readers waiting if you do.

Thanks for the read.
guest chapter 10 . 5/2
Still no update, but I haven't given up hope. It took Caeria 7 years to finish "Pet Project", so... a dedicated reader learns patience. There are a lot of things I wonder about, when I read Sanctuary again: Where is Ron? How can McGonagall know about the portkey page of Snapes Guide? Surely she won't be affected by the marriage law... Is she a guardian or a godmother?

What will happen at sanctuary? Will there be modern romance?
CathyM chapter 10 . 4/28
A brilliant story, I hope at sometime in the future you will continue this.. it would be a shame to leave such great characters in limbo.
Jess chapter 1 . 4/17
I've forgotten how many times I've read you're series-at least three. I really like it. Today I was just having a rough day, and thought I'd check back. Best wishes!
Xiaou Nem chapter 10 . 3/27
A compelling story. I'm interested in seeing how it turns our, but I can't say I'm optimistic about the chances of this being finished, 4 years since you wrote these chapters.