Reviews for Death in the Desert
Jake Crepeau chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Rest assured, you have two more supporters here. Dietrich is our favorite character on Rat Patrol, and your take on him is very true-to-life. Some People just don't know what's good!
KitKat132 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
It's still beyond me that your previous writing community understood so little & treated you with such disrespect. I hope you feel more welcome here & on the Y group. I'd already read this on your other site, but wanted to comment here too. I really enjoyed this story, & especially like the way it humanizes these soldiers, even the enemy, who are so often vilified & depicted in such unrealistic & stereotypical ways; it's seldom that simple. Like everyone else, I am eagerly awaiting "part 2". Jen C
jpercy chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
WOW, is there more? I have been reading novels lately, yes there were good german soilders ever read Bodie Thoene? awsome

can't wait to read more.
plws chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
please continue writing Rat Patrol stories. I like to see different points of view. Please continue this story.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Heartbreaking. You portray the humanity of "the other side" so well, and the underlying nobility and self-sacrifice of Dietrich's character shines through, as well as the anguished concern of his friend Arnulf.

As usual, a well-written, engrossing story. We definitely need a follow-up!
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Wow. This is a very moving, well written story from the German's side. Please don't abandon your Rat Patrol stories. I would like to know if there is more and if so I would like to see how this one ends.