Reviews for Death in the Desert
pfrye chapter 1 . 1/13
Excellent story. One of the joys of Rat Patrol was that it portrayed the Germans with honesty, showing them to be for the most part no different than the allied soldiers. Dietrich was an amazing character and you have captured his nature perfectly. Well done!
Jake Crepeau chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Rest assured, you have two more supporters here. Dietrich is our favorite character on Rat Patrol, and your take on him is very true-to-life. Some People just don't know what's good!
KitKat132 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
It's still beyond me that your previous writing community understood so little & treated you with such disrespect. I hope you feel more welcome here & on the Y group. I'd already read this on your other site, but wanted to comment here too. I really enjoyed this story, & especially like the way it humanizes these soldiers, even the enemy, who are so often vilified & depicted in such unrealistic & stereotypical ways; it's seldom that simple. Like everyone else, I am eagerly awaiting "part 2". Jen C
jpercy chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
WOW, is there more? I have been reading novels lately, yes there were good german soilders ever read Bodie Thoene? awsome

can't wait to read more.
plws chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
please continue writing Rat Patrol stories. I like to see different points of view. Please continue this story.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Heartbreaking. You portray the humanity of "the other side" so well, and the underlying nobility and self-sacrifice of Dietrich's character shines through, as well as the anguished concern of his friend Arnulf.

As usual, a well-written, engrossing story. We definitely need a follow-up!
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Wow. This is a very moving, well written story from the German's side. Please don't abandon your Rat Patrol stories. I would like to know if there is more and if so I would like to see how this one ends.