Reviews for Never as Good as the First Time
dratcat chapter 14 . 7/30/2013
Fantastic.

This fic really establishes that ARI use is just as addictive as triptocaine, and how Norman's nature as a thorough and methodical profiler could very easily make him vulnerable to addiction to such a vast and flexible tool for information. This fic also really nails Norman's relationship with his work, and what he is passionate about - all those little things that were running just below the surface during the course of Heavy Rain.

Good how Miller is not made out to be evil - he is absolutely aware of the problems that arise from tripto use, and is himself walking a very fine line, and does in fact CARE about the people he supplies tripto to.

"If I melt my brain, I'll be too stupid to feel stupid." Sums up this fic entirely.
Schooled Ash chapter 14 . 12/23/2011
Wow, I'm really impressed with how you handle Norman in your stories. He's one my favorite characters in the game and fictional characters period.

You really do have a knack for getting down these characters, their speeches, their mannerisms, and just writing realistic stories in general.

I love how you extended on his relationship with Ari then eventually to the Tripto. I could really see Jay being introduced to that drug through someone else; an irresponsible someone at that as Miller has shown.

I also liked how his addictive personality mixed in with his overachiever work ethic made things worse. He's so dedicated to his work he's willing to run himself down to get the best results possible as shown in the game, which you reflected well.

Nothing much really for me to say except to repeat my accolades on how good this fic was.

Good job all around and I hope you keep writing no matter what it is.
Traveling Artist Jay chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
You've really made gold out of text. I came in thinking, "I had better read this- it could be the only long (angsty) fic that isn't Jayden/Blake. " I didn't expect that I wouldn't be able to stop till the end.

Seriously, I couldn't stop. I was in school with my iPod touch hidden between my textbook (this fic loaded up on it). You really had me engrossed in it! Your writing style is amazing! There is so much detail and fantastic characterization! Thank you for writing this fic. :)

Are you planning to continue it? It said Prequel in the summary. Please do! Please oh please!
behappyfortherestofyourlife chapter 14 . 7/22/2011
Looks like you think you're something special because you can spell. You're not. This is well-spelled h/c shit. Bet you read manga.
Evil Asch chapter 14 . 6/26/2011
Alas poor Norman, I knew him Lankypanky!

I have no idea what movie you riffed on but I am quite curious :D
Evil Asch chapter 11 . 6/26/2011
Miller widened his eyes meaningfully. "Do not talk any more until you finish that glass of water."

That and Jayden calling him out for being the worlds biggest fuck up of an agent were eeeexcellent!
Evil Asch chapter 4 . 6/26/2011
Bahahhaaha I just about bit my tongue I started laughing so hard at the A/N on this chapter! N.C's best work by far...
piasora chapter 14 . 6/16/2011
So I'm sorry I can't be more eloquent as I write this, but my god. I came into this fic not knowing what I'd find, and next thing you know, hours have passed and I'm on the last available chapter. I seriously just could not put it down. Every little foreshadowed detail of Jayden's addiction just unfurls with this creeping, terrible slowness that's just wonderful to experience; his relationship with ARI is one of the most fascinating things about Heavy Rain as a whole, and it's such a joy to see someone expand on it in a way that's this realistic and true to character. I'm sure there's more I could think of saying, and will probably kick myself for forgetting once I'm done here, but I guess I'll just have to save it for the next part. 8) Really, really fantastic stuff, this.
Yamiro chapter 14 . 6/10/2011
Ah, is it bad that I hoped one of the kids would find and play with ARI and something unfortunate will happen in the last chapter? Damn, I feel... like a bad person xD

ANYWAYS. I must admit that I love this story so far. Its interesting, I can imagine it actually happening... I have a small question though. Are you going to cover OK case too?

Best of luck writing next chapters.
RomanticFictionFreak chapter 3 . 6/7/2011
i can practically feel the tension and the anxiety within Jayden! its awsome! oh and i laughed so randomly at the end passage when they were watching the vid and laughing. it was great!... :)
RomanticFictionFreak chapter 2 . 6/7/2011
oh my GOSH! this story is AMAZING! INCREDIBLE! SOOOO entertaining! i love it! Normon Jayden was my fav character in HR, and i love ur style writing. very pro, and u hav a great sense of humor. i chuckled several times reading. ur characterization is also why i realllllly enjoy reading this! thank you for posting! oh and, this may not seem like much, but i also love how u mostly call him 'Jayden' and not 'Normon,' its not that i dont like his first name, but well, yah know, Jayden just sounds better and more badass. wow, this story is Great! sooo favorting. hey, btw, anynews on HR2?
Anon chapter 14 . 6/3/2011
Amazingly perfect final line, I adored this story! It's just what I was looking for in some Norman fanfic, I love the focus on the ARI and where Jayden got his triptocaine from. I'm VERY upset that it ended :/ Fantastic writing!
JadziaCee chapter 14 . 6/3/2011
Bravo! Wonderful story... every single chapter of it! This was a really wonderful way to wrap it all up. So sad that Eric died. :(

I think the very last line of this whole story is absolutely PERFECT! "Jayden's first love had been the ARI, and it always would be. But he had a mistress now, too."

It ends the whole thing quite nicely and sets it all up for Heavy Rain... I can definitely see the character of Norman in Heavy Rain being the character you wrote about in your story, having this history and backstory and this was how he got into the ARI program and taking Tripto. Everything felt so authentic.

Nicely done! fabulous writing! Thank you for writing this. Can't wait for your next story! :)
JadziaCee chapter 13 . 6/3/2011
Loved it! I really enjoyed the paragraph where Norman gets so mad when Miller confronts him about how much Tripto he is using. And how he's so brilliant when he's on a bender, and that he would never even be using Tripto if it wasn't for Miller. Really awesome writing! I like that he decides not to voice any of it out loud and chooses to be calm to Miller instead.

haha.. when Miller tells Norman to "Hell, look up an old girlfriend and get laid"... great line. Maybe that's exactly when Norman needs to get his mind off the drugs!

Awwww Norman's mom worrying about him not eating and telling him he needs a girlfriend to look after him. That is so cute. :)

I really liked your description of his family's Thanksgiving traditions, and having to share a bedroom with two kids, the family football game, the conversation at the dinner table. Very authentic and real feeling.

I laughed out loud at Norman wishing he could punch his family members in the throat to win the game. haha.. I could totally picture that.

what a cute scene with Norman and the kids.. getting peed on and then the little girl was "very, very sticky" lol
JadziaCee chapter 12 . 6/3/2011
Awesome... 3 new chapters to read! Great chapter. Wow, it's so interesting to read how Norman really quickly gets addicted to Tripto. Loved all the details and description... very good writing. On to the last 2 chapters, can't wait to see how all this wraps up.

Just a couple little typos - "...his muscles responding as though they phoning in" You need a "were" before phoning.

And then at the end, "... emergency room." Miller." You need a "said" before Miller.