Reviews for How Rue Became the Mockingjay
heygodcomplex chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
this is just brilliant - brilliant idea and execution and characterization and the way you arranged it all and oh. this is perfect and i wouldn't change a thing about this.
Helpatemporaryidentitycrisis chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
...Oh my God this is beautiful. Peeta and Katniss... To do that for Rue, and how Foxface dies and-kjkknnfnndfsnjdfs, I can't.

But I don't think you can top how Rue cries- and how they all realize that she's a child. Ahhhhh. Amazing. MY CREYS.
bickering-sidekicks chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Oh...god. Such a tear-jerker, even from the beginning, because you already basically know what Katniss and Peeta, and also what Foxface are going to do for Thresh and Rue. I can't even... I'm crying. )':
sasukeXnarutoforever chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
This is so beautiful.

I've always liked Rue better, because of her innocence/jaded youth, and you capture this entirely.

If I could find the words, I would go on, but you've left me speechless.

So yeah.

Favorited. HARD.
Reni Readiris chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
This story made me cry. I love it!
taiis fernandes chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
oh my.

This is just beautiful. The way you created the whole situation between them, how Katniss decided to help Rue, how Peeta agreed with her (even though that meant his and Katniss'death), how Thresh is rough and brave and yet so kind to Foxface, how Rue was, in the end, just a little girl caught in the middle of a battle that she didn't even understood...

this story is brilliant. Perfect and touchy-brilliant.
Tokoloshe Monster chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I love the numbering system. I really don't know why, but I do. It just seems to add flow to everything. The POV switches were done well, without anything being made too jumpy.

I really like Foxface's characterisation. I've always wondered if she did in fact know that the nightlock berries were deadly or if it was an honest mistake.

The only real fault is that I really don't imagine her as the type of person to cry involuntarily. But then again, we don't see much of her in the book and she's about to die, which probably makes a person a bit emotional, for some strange reason.

I was a bit surprised at the ending, which is silly, since I really should've seen that coming. I was sort of rooting for all four of them to make it out alive, but I know that's impossible. Call it hope.

The ending is beautiful, I love Katniss and Peeta's graceful way of accepting and meeting death, along with the way Thresh told Rue to close her eyes while they died.

This is a story that's going to sit with me for a while. Thank you for that.

Much, much love,

-Tokoloshe
asweetmoonbeam chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Its simply perfection. Sob-worthy perfection.
LeahLucy chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I am in love with this story. I got chills reading the last three sections. This is fantastically written, it's breathtaking, it's hearbreaking, it's perfect. I love how completely on board all of the tributes were with saving Thresh and Rue, because I love them. My list goes on and on and on. Thank you for an amazing read, I hope you have more stories i

like this one coming out soon. :)
koalakoala chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This is gorgeous and unsettling and bittersweet and a lot more pretty adjectives that would take forever to list. I really love the format; your writing style fits perfectly with it.

Every section was great, but I particularly enjoyed the ones that took you away from the Games, to the people reacting. Like this: "But 25% of the viewers want all four Victors to win together, and that's the quarter who worry President Snow." But there's a million other lines I could quote.

And of course, the whole last section was perfect.

Going to go read your other fics and (hopefully) send you a lot more similar reviews.
Safira Rue Mellark chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
REAL BUTTER from REAL COWS!

as opposed to fake butter from fake cows?

awesome story
What the Quell chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Wow, this is really good!
Beauty Queen Piper chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
This is amazing! I had read quite a lot of Hunger Games Fanfic and this is one of the best! This actually made me want to cry at the end and I don't usually cry...I love how you added extra bits like Chaff, Haymitch, Cinna, Finnick, President Snow, Gamemakers and those stuff other than just the story in the arena. This is also really touching...XD I hope you write more stories like this!
Miss Bright chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
This was the first Hunger Games fan fic I've read and I'm so in love with it. You emulate the original style very well despite the fact it's in third person. I cried, no lie.
Bizous chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
This is the best fic I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I remember crying my eyes out when I read the scene of Rue's death in The Hunger Games, and your story gave me the same overwhelming sense of bittersweet emotion. I'm going through a number of your other pieces now and wow, you are such a wonderful writer! Thank you for letting me continue to experience some of my favorite novels.
490 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 .. Last Next »