Reviews for Tempt Ye Not the Angel of the Lord
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 1 . 5/21
I love you for writing this. I never did like how the writers potrayed the angels half the time in the show. I mean, I guess it's cause I study the bible, so it's a bit cringe worthy how the writers write the angels. This though, fits a whole lot better with Cas's character and who he is, I think. I mean, Cas can still be funny and awakward, but there is no reason to take away the fact that he is a loyal servant of God, his father. So, needless to say, great one shot!
Boudicca1 chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
Cas is so badass. This is hilarious!
Happenstance chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
You... this... Thank you, so much. I love this. I stopped watching Supernatural because of how they distorted the angels. The ignorance and irreverence for Heaven made it, to me, not worth watching anymore, even though I loved the show, and still watch episodes from the early seasons occasionally. Thank you for fixing this scene for me. This is exactly how it should have transpired. :)
LEMarauder chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
*slow clap* I was just trolling through your stories and realized I hadn't seen this one, which, being an SPN fan from day one, simply wouldn't do. I loved this! I always make a face whenever they subject Cas to these situations (the rare exception being his hilarious deadpan delivery in the "I found a liquor store...and I drank it" scene) because it feel like it's just going for the cheap laugh, not to mention undermines the earnestness and sincerity of his character, especially around S5. Jimmy Novak is Cas' unsung counterpart and it absolutely makes sense that Cas would never dare insult someone so devoted and faith-filled by using his vessel for meaningless sex. I love Dean, I do, but here, I agree he needed to be taken down a peg and reminded why this angel, risking his own life and an innocent human's, to help him.

I know I'm super late to this party, but definitely a great 'head-canon accepted' read.

Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Thank you! I prefer how you handled this here rather than how it went down on the show. All very valid points. Thanks for posting.
Titan chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I can't even properly express how much I love this. You are a saint.
kar-chan chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
An interesting take. I like that Castiel showed such respect for his vessel. It's just a nice thing to see and makes my heart happy. :)
Maddy Love Castiel chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I agree with you. Your fic was perfect. :)
Gracie Holmes chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Nice work! Loved your portrayal of Cas. Definitely something that should have happened during that episode. :)
Reader chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This is awesome- I love your Cas, and you provided great reasons for his actions. Also, I love how Dean responded to that argument!
Aireon Maris chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
This is so much win. Oh so much. I don't like to ship Cas either because I like Jimmy too much, so this...this was perfect. *faves*
jonon chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
I like this version more...good work.
Sora Sotara chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Nice about the word count. I just read one with 666 so I guess Fate decided to balance it out.

I don't know that I like your take but I'm not one to follow any existing religion, though don't read that as I'm immoral. I do however like anything that would make the Meg kiss scene disappear from existence so this isn't meant to bash you or your writing in anyway.
MDDC26 chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
I don't know if this would strictly adhere to the tone of the show. I get Cas is a powerful angel and blah blah blah. But he does show discomfort around the Winchesters, embarassment, confusion etc. Dean has a particular effect of making him uncomfortable- considering Dean's usual behaviour, it's not too hard to make someone as puritanical as Cas was, blush. He's not a human, but he becomes more human (a little anyway) as the story progresses.

Your Cas seems to be strictly early Cas, but his character does evolve. To be honest- if Cas had stayed a tight ass angel, his character would have had nowhere near the depth he has. This is how the show gave him personality- he's naive, a little curious, and he can't understand the ways of humans.

Just should point out here, i'm not opposed to your piece, in fact I quite like that you've created a different scenario, and all. It's intrguing to think about how different the story would be if cas had retained his strictly puritanical nature. I think it's written brilliantly. I guess i just don't agree with the reasoning. Personal difference of opinion there.
kaitouahiru chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Haha, go Cass! So Bad a**! I like this, although it'd be hard for Cass to fall with this going on. Good job and you should have Cass tell Dean off some more! ;D