Reviews for Prey for the Wicked
Tee chapter 23 . 11/19/2018
It’s great to have you back!
Renee Aubin chapter 2 . 11/21/2018
Creepy: ‘He allows the mannerisms he adopted to lure her into a false sense of security slide away, like he's shedding skin.’
Soooo not canon Edward! Doesn’t mean I don’t like it…

Now really, did he have to break the front door lock? She’s going to have to get that fixed now! Oh yeah, he doesn’t plan for her to survive, so he’s not worried about her to-do list.

So many truly dark thoughts from Edward. Here’s another one that particularly caught my attention:
‘Edward suddenly wants to drape her in the finest cashmere and silks; such a contradiction to the thirst that screams to be sated until the only draping necessary will be that of her funeral shroud.’

And he’s not the only one dealing with contradictions: ‘Desire and nervousness feed fuel to their respective fires until she begins to tremble beneath the onslaught.’
I like that your Bella has the sense to feel fear as well as desire. Although if canon Edward had ever behaved like this this, maybe even canon Bella would have been afraid. Or not.

I really like how you draw the changing currents in BOTH of them:
‘Any trace of her former uncertainty vanishes in the growing electricity sparking between them.
He is lost in the euphoria of her unlikely response.’

And of course she has no idea that giving in to her lust is distracting him from taking her life.
‘The urge to drink her changes quickly to thoughts of earthier pleasures. He wants to taste her everywhere, fill his empty cavernous body with everything she has to give.’
A vivid description, ‘empty cavernous body’.

Wow:
‘The electric feel of her touch sears him, reaches his mind and envelops him in a new need, one just as equally potent. He wants her pleasure. He wants for one moment to forget that he is not a man, that he is not worthy of what he takes, that he is a dark creature who is only suited to give pain and reap death.’

And a moment later: ‘He wants to taste her and feel that sweet nectar coating the burn of his throat, the perfect prelude to the nectar of her blood.’
So well imagined!

Smile: ‘His little innocent has never known this kind of desire. The kind that has no use for polite restraint and insecure worries.’

Darkly yummy how he tips her over into submission.
‘"Whatever I want, however I want," he tells her, breathing the words in her mouth…’
Shiver (the good kind).

Yikes: ‘The knowledge that he could shatter her pelvis, crack her hips and snap her spine is present, oddly exciting yet repellent. It's remarkably easy to guard against his strength…’
And he’s constantly on the edge of biting her, almost teasing himself with the possibility. Until he does, of course.

We don’t get the romantic trope of spending the night with her in her bed. Instead ‘From across the street, hidden in the shadows, he watches and listens to her breathing and her heartbeat that slowly steadies and begins once again to grow stronger.’
Very vampire. Maybe he's worried about being too tempted to take just a bit more, and killing her? I suppose at least he’s watching over her, if from a safe distance.

Oh dear, and then Mike wanders by. For the last time.

Some other phrases/sentences that were just so evocative:

‘the taste of her blooming in his head’

‘a devastating combination of aroused female and ruby red nirvana’

‘taste her climax on her lips one final time before he tastes it in her blood’

‘his lips part, cool breath sliding over her sumptuously warm skin’

‘He gulps greedily, tasting flowers and salt and earth buried metals, sweet musk and sun drenched honey, fragrant and lush.’

Holy crap, what a chapter! Dark and sizzling hot and yet revealing so much about both of them. Whew!
Vanell chapter 23 . 11/19/2018
I did go back and read the story from the start. This chapter picks it up again very nicely. I've never been a Jake fan but I'm cheering him on in this one.
Guest chapter 19 . 11/18/2018
Still loving this!
Guest chapter 18 . 11/18/2018
This is better than anything out there! In or out of FF!
Guest chapter 17 . 11/18/2018
I like that this Bella is strong! Seriously well done!
Guest chapter 16 . 11/18/2018
OMG this has to best writing FF ever!
thank-for-you chapter 23 . 11/20/2018
Dear Aleea,

thank you so much for a new chapter, its great as always!

i hope your muse stays with you, you rock!
Guest chapter 15 . 11/17/2018
Holy moly! So hot!
jkratochvil chapter 23 . 11/19/2018
Hi, I'm so glad you decided to continue this story. I have truly enjoyed reading it. Please, please keep writing. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Jane
Guest chapter 14 . 11/17/2018
I am obsessed with this story!
LillianBroderick chapter 23 . 11/19/2018
First up, excellent reconnect with the characters. I loved the chapter.
I went back and read the story from chap 1 and this flowed nicely.

I am feeling sorry for Leah right now.
You can feel the pressure with jake building throughout and I sense a collision once he and Edward meet.

Edward and bella are circling each getting closer and closer.

So glad to have this story back. Thank you.
twifi-reader chapter 23 . 11/19/2018
Never so glad to see this notification! And yes i had to read it again but soo worth it! Thank you so much for updating, hope to hesr from these two very soon!
Guest chapter 23 . 11/17/2018
Love this story. Thank you for picking it up again. Hoping Bella comes around soon. Will be cool to see how things are between them without her resistance.

Allie Welch
Leslie E chapter 23 . 11/17/2018
Hello, I have just caught up with all 23 chapters , having noticed this story 2 days ago . It is very interesting and I wasn't even aware of fan fiction back when you started it ! I hope you do continue it . I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this complicated story . Keep up the great work !
2,835 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »