Reviews for Mutatis Mutandis
Em chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
"that looks like the fantasy of a perverted Japanese businessman with a very dark, specific fetish" Santana to Rachel when she wears the Britney Spears outfit(hot) I like this story so far I hope you keep updating.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/17/2012
Awesome chapter. And indeed, very 'Dumbledore explains it all' worthy. Things get even more interesting :D
spirit117 chapter 17 . 6/22/2012
This is an interesting story to say the least. Your right when you said Misfit was disappointing. I have to admit that the fact Kitty was never there to begin with was an awesome suprise. I'm also glad she wasn't there to begin with. With how she was acting I literally wanted to slap her. Hopefully the real Kitty will be different.

I can't wait for your next chapter keep up the great work.
Rouge chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
The story was good to begin with but there was more than one female in the institute,so i think you should have added in all the females.

Thank you for writing a very good description on me!

I hope you write more fan fictions! (Even though the x-men aren't fictional!)
Turkey in a suit chapter 17 . 5/30/2012
I've just found this today and I have to admit this is quite the addictive read. You left me and probably all your readers on the edge of their seats for more. And while not all of your chapters have hero vs hero combat, the suspense is still kept up with each new revelation. Unfortunately, I can't say that I have read X-men: misfits though I am tempted to find several copies later you showcase a lot of originality with your plot line and quite a collection of knowledge about the marvel-verse, including its lesser known series. Not a lot of readers are familiar with the Runaways series and I have hope that it will gain more popularity when the movie is finally launched.
Hope to read more of your work soon
queenith2 chapter 17 . 5/29/2012
yeah, you made me not like a character i normally like, so good job if that was your intention.

thanks for the update, you seriously don't know how much this story, especially what you're planning to do with frost and mystique
blackrider11 chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
"Nun's in thier strict glory" - I'm either exhausted or that was brillant. Also, I hope you portray Kitty in a much better way (comic related more) than that manga. I'm looking forward to finding out if she has uber ninja or computer skills, if not then how intelligent she is. (Considering they kind of nuked her in the X-men Evo univerise).
queenith2 chapter 16 . 3/16/2012
yay! You made my day!
viper2999 chapter 15 . 3/1/2012
Oh man. Oh God. Oh man oh God, you don't know. A year. I spent a year reading this story and silently cringing to myself every time Kitty Pryde showed up. I have the same experience with basically every non-comic canon version of the character. I see her in Evolution or the movies or the Millar issues of Ultimate X-Men and I want to kick someone. Its a compulsive inescapable feeling.

I ran into this story the day you published the first chapter. I've never added it to my update list, but I check the X-Men page pretty often so I've been reading it anyway, with anticipation and mounting dread with each update. A year of false hope every time Manuel showed up - I was wishing to God that there was going to be a mind control subplot to explain why Misfits!Kitty is so terrible.

But finally. FINALLY. Its like there's vindication. A year of agony and we've reached our reward. We have come out of the desert at last and found the promised land. Its not Kitty. Thank God. I can add this story to my favorites list now without feeling shame.

I was hoping for brainwashing, but I'll take this. Copycat is a nice call (much better than a Skrull imposter would have been).

I'm not quite sold on how cartoonishly evil the Pro-Regulation people are, but I'm assuming there's a reason for it in the interim (and I avoided Civil War like the plague, so what do I know, this could be canon behavior for them anyway).

One thing that's kind of grated on me about your style though is how complaints about Misfits, and Glee, etc, get integrated into the dialogue. I don't object to sounding off about it, in and of itself, or to the things that are being said. But I don't think its being integrated as well into the dialogue as it could be. Its almost like you're trying too hard, to make your case. For example, in chapter one,

""You see, Raven, when I first say that name, it inspires the idea of a confident and resourceful young woman. But then I consider the circumstances: one girl at an all boys' school. Then, I think of a strong, independent, young woman transforming into a vapid, lovelorn fool for sake of an American caricature of a reverse-harem, shoujo manga with poor illustrations and a truly unremarkable and cliche storyline. And in the end, all of this is merely a weak, but barefaced attempt of a comic book industry to cash in on the popularity of manga and anime in the U.S. and generate female interest in comics to increase sales.""

Its just too descriptive. You overstate your case. Its an info-dump, basically. I can't quite accept that a fifteen year old (or anyone) talks like that.

Its not as bad in chapter 12, when you have the cast discuss Glee, but its still quite jarring. There's a giant wall of text where victor recites every problem he has with the treatment of LGBT issues, and it just wrecks the flow of the scene. If there was more backplay between the characters, and they had an oppurtunity to spread their lines out over multiple exchanges with the other speakers, it'd read a lot easier (and sound a lot more like a real conversation).

But anyway I think 3000 words is enough for a first review, and I've kept enough of your time. Thanks for the story, I look forward to reading more of it.
queenith2 chapter 15 . 3/1/2012
yay! tea time with frost! what is she planning? AG! dont tell me! keep writing!
thrownhammer chapter 12 . 1/27/2012
Wow, I read the rest of it up to 12 at work and was coming to post a review and you already have another chapter posted. I am glad to see that you got your Mojo back, keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing it.
queenith2 chapter 13 . 1/27/2012
YAY! (Thats all I can think to say)
thrownhammer chapter 6 . 1/26/2012
Loving it so far, thanks for sharing it!
Suma99 chapter 12 . 1/21/2012
Great chapter and Anna really does seem to be in trouble all the time.

Black Widow and Wonder Man?
queenith2 chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
AG! YES! Update! HOoray! You better never ever stop updating! Cause you gotta lot of stuff to write about! YAY! *kneels down and starts bowing to computer*
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »