Reviews for Refraction
Teekalin chapter 36 . 5/25
I loved it. This has become one iof my favourite non romantic fic so far :-)
I like to think that Merlin and Morgana gets together but I can tell by the last line that it will be Merthur.
LanCheer chapter 36 . 4/18
I just finished reading and oh my god this is probably the best alternative canon I've ever seen. It's so beautiful! I'm crazy for it! Your writing is gorgeous! And the plot! OH my god the plot! How did you manage to write like this? I'm jealous like a mad woman! When reading the epilogue I was slightly afraid that Arthur would marry Mithian, I'm glad you made it clear that Merlin is Arthur's real love.

I had so many feelings when I read the story. The dialogues are apparently amazing! I love this story so much! Your writing has this sense of genuineness in it and that is really precious. Thank you for writing such a fantastic story! I definitely love you now!
Very nice! I do hope that your Merlin turns out mostly like the original, though. Ayla never did get sure enough enough of herself to talk back for no good reason. (But I haven't read the seventh yet) Thanks!
DragonThetan chapter 36 . 10/4/2014
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed reading it!

But please in the future watch your word usage, 'border' instead of 'boarder' is just one example, there are others too!
DragonThetan chapter 19 . 10/3/2014
I am enjoying the story! But please fix the following, I'm tired of seeing it!

"The boarder(the word spelt here does NOT mean the line between 2 or more things as used here, it means someone who pays for lodging & food at someone's home, someone living away from home for schooling, someone who enters or leaves a ship or a sport where a board is used like snowboarding! The word that should be used here is 'border.') between the two kingdoms had become shaky at best,..."
cindy4651 chapter 36 . 7/16/2014
Lovely story, thanks so much!
cindy4651 chapter 30 . 7/16/2014
Lovely, you rescued Will!
cindy4651 chapter 25 . 7/16/2014
Interesting how you explained Balinor's and Nimueh's deaths as required. Very thoughtful.
cindy4651 chapter 23 . 7/15/2014
No! Percival can't be overcome with a desire for revenge!

Great story, thanks!
cindy4651 chapter 15 . 7/15/2014
Oh wow, is intelligent innocent Merlin going to fix Cenred?
cindy4651 chapter 10 . 7/15/2014
Wow, that was great! Normally the action scenes don't really appeal to me, but this one had action and excitement and story-changing and everything. Great job!
cindy4651 chapter 4 . 7/14/2014
Cool, is he going to take a lion as well? :)
cindy4651 chapter 3 . 7/14/2014
Very good, thanks.
Stealth Dragon chapter 36 . 7/7/2014
You know, I've had this story in my favorites list and I've never thought to leave a review, and this is one of my all time favorite Merlin fic. It's a rare thing when an author can totally change a character, make them what most would consider to be OOC, but make it work and work well. It was so easy to imagine Merlin as the innocent and child-like being you portrayed him as, and I adore what-ifs of that magnitude. So many, many kudos to you and many more for writing this. It's one I often go back and re-read.

(My only one tiny complaint, however, is what came across to me as a romantic innuendo at the very end of the story. I'm generally not a fan of pairings but this has less to do with not being a pairing fan and more to do with Merlin's mental state; and the idea of Arthur being interested in this version of Merlin romantically I just find rather to be rather skeevy. Merlin has the mind of a child, but more than that he was also a child that had been brutally abused and raped for many years. I mean, if Arthur loves him romantically but he doesn't try to act on those feelings, knowing it would probably only confuse Merlin or even frighten him, then it wouldn't be a big deal. I guess it's the thought of Arthur trying to act on those feelings that bothers me, because I think it's something Merlin wouldn't be able to wrap his mind around, and I could totally see Arthur accidentally convincing Merlin of doing things without any actual consent on Merlin's part, and Merlin going along with it because it's what Arthur wants, even though it may be something Merlin doesn't want.

And I do apologize for nit-picking that one little thing, but it tends to nag at me whenever I read the end. But other than that, he remains a story I enjoy endlessly, and I thank you for writing it).
lazybum89 chapter 36 . 4/2/2014