Reviews for Mrs Danvers, the Faithful Servant
Subspeciesfangirl77 chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
wow chilling...
Demon'sGrace chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
i felt like the beginning was a little to sentimental for the demenor Mrs. Danvers normally portrays but as soon as she got to insulting it was spot on, I kind of wanted her to continue bad mouthing the narrator in her head till the end, good job.
Librasmile chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Okay you wrote this for a class and you asked for reviews that would help you in class so I'm going to be more rigorous than I normally am in reviews.

This is adequate for a first draft. However, I think you need to do a second and perhaps a third. Here's why: Two of the main characteristics of Mrs. Danvers include contempt and obsession. In this story you tell us about both but you don't SHOW us both.

Consider writing as if you were actually inside Mrs. Danvers' head. The contempt of everything and everyone around her that is not Rebecca must be obvious but not explicit. Does that make sens? In other words, it must be as integral a part of her language and perceptions as air is to our environment. Air is always here, never seen, never talked about except on exceptional occasions and always taken for granted. Never considered right, wrong or doubted. Air just IS.

That is how you can try to portray Mrs. Danver's POV.

Her other two strong characteristics are manipulation and control These are obvious when she engineers Mrs. De Winters' embarrassment over the broken statue, and the costume. They're also obvious when she shows Mrs. De Winters Rebecca's room and when she tries to get her to jump off the ledge.

Rebecca was the pillar of her life and she only loses control when Rebecca is shown to do something she thought Rebecca would never do. Well in the movie anyway. I haven't read the book.

But there hope that helps.
xDunames-Dark-Fairyx chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Very well descritive as always :D You kept to the theme 'faithful,' which also reflects the title so ideal :) Good Work!
No one you know chapter 1 . 3/2/2011