Reviews for KindRed Spirits
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 1/2
As always, something to think about. You illuminate hidden corners and implications of the show. Good job as always. Thank you.
LittleMender chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I always like a story to have a tidy ending. That's why I had to read this twice before I could review (It's well written, so that wasn't difficult.). And I know you weren't going for a tidy ending. So, that weakness in my readership aside, here goes.

I don't know if you meant to do it or not, but you had Lisbon draw an impressive series of non-conclusions, which was perfect for this episode as well as in line with the bit of synopsis we've been given for the season finale. You have her figuring things out, but whether she realizes it or not, she's got all kinds of holes in her conjectures because of the things she knows Jane ISN'T telling her. And for the moment she's willing to let it lie. She also manages to recognize several clues as to what Jane has been up to (so MUCH deflection) but doesn't put them together-something she is equally guilty of on the show. I think she just doesn't see things clearly when it comes to him.

She goes to bed able to sleep for the night because she's been able to, at least temporarily, distance herself from the events that are changing things in the present and are likely to drag her through the future, along with us, the viewers, apparently.

Lisbon often views life with a kind of dark optimism (She's a fey creature.) that borders on denial. In this story, she's picking and choosing what she wants to believe and what she wants to just tuck away in a convenient mental drawer. The one thing she can't will or wish away is her uncertainty-about the future, about Jane, about their jobs. I like that the only thing she IS certain of is her team, including Jane's unpredictability.

I'm not terribly good at reading between the lines-as you mention in your author's note at the end-but these are the things I saw. This was definitely untidy, but that's a perfect description for her thoughts about and feelings toward Jane, as well as the road those thoughts and feelings as well as his presence in her life are going to force her to walk (When will he see how much his decisions affect her life?).

This story wasn't just a tag for the episode, but a parallel to it, as well as to their disjointed and incomplete relationship. I liked it because it made me think.
All-I-need chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Awww, this is cute!

Poor Lisbon. What do you think, will she have to prove herself to HERSELF, too, if shes named new head? Because that sure is what it looks like to me. Cant wait to see the episode, this is going to be epic! *grin*

Jane will drop dead from shock. Lisbon will drop dead from horror at the thought of doing MORE paperwork and staying in the office instead of being out in the field.

I loved your description of Jane, by the way. A halo on his head. Hah, thats the only thing well NEVER get to see there. Hed rather wear a hat than a halo! *smirk*

A wanna-be murderer isnt exactly the first choice for the picture of innocence, but this is Lisbon were talking about, so she might be a bit biased.

Oh, and you wrote "so her job" instead of "do her job" when shes angry at Bertram.
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
You can never go wrong in my eyes. Especially when u write about Lisbon. :-) I always love reading what she thinks. Really interesting the way she feels. Loved reading this. :-D
Mia66 chapter 1 . 3/1/2011