Reviews for The Crimson Badger, Book I The Warlord
TimeForced chapter 12 . 11/8/2013
I'm most of the way through this series, and all that I can really say is awesome job recreating, and then expanding upon, the feel and narrative of the series. I have a few minor quibbles, but frankly they are pointless little personal things.
I love your storytelling. Thank You. And keep up the good work.
The OMG Cat chapter 12 . 11/15/2012
wow. The redwallers are so raceist _
Jade TeaLeaf chapter 12 . 12/18/2011
Did I ever mention to you how much I love this story? You have a nice little turning-of-the-cultures thing going here and everything that Urthblood has been doing is pretty realistic. There are no good vermin turning up out of nowhere, the Redwallers are human enough to treat them with mixed feelings and concerns, and the reformed vermin have had a dark past as well. I for one do not really believe that a warlord would turn good, but I do believe that given the right circumstances, the common everyday vermin would be more than likely to turn on the good side. At first it would be for a warm meal and a place to stay, but in the end it would be for the vision of equality. The only thing that does not seem quite right is Machus and Mina's speech, as they lack no accent whatsoever. Then again, the Gawtrybe aren't the same savage rabbles and the smartest foxes seem to speak the smoothest in Redwall books.

Reading the next installment soon. :)

Jade TeaLeaf chapter 11 . 12/18/2011
I really do love Urthblood and Machus. There just seemed something touching and honest about their bond. Though the badger lord did kind of botch the first impression with his candor, I think it showed a lot about his character. Speaking of which, you do a great job referring back to the good old series and making us feel at home with the characters. It seems that I have a lot of ground to cover before I catch up. Better read fast. :)

Jade TeaLeaf chapter 3 . 12/18/2011
Your writing style is top-notch, wot! :)

I actually like Urthblood's taciturn and blunt matter of speech. He's not impolite, but I just couldn't help but smile at his analysis of Redwall's architecture. I never thought of those possible battle strategies myself and I think it's impressive that you came up with that. Honestly, it makes me wonder why none of the villains had even considered taking the abbey out from the inside like that. Maybe Ironbeak was the best strategist, but he pretty much failed anyways.

I love your writing style and the voices that you give the characters sound very authentic to Redwall so great job! :) The only thing that I found dubious was the fact that a sparrow was sparring adeptly with a stick. From what I know, sparrows don't really have the right flexibility in their legs to do such a thing; but then again this entire story is based on talking, sword-fighting animals so it's not so far-fetched after all. :P

I have heard a lot about your stories and your name keeps popping up everywhere. I shall continue to read so please keep writing. :)

Archduke Langus chapter 12 . 12/13/2011
Once again, I shall express much disdain at how the Redwaller are acting! It is exactly how they would react to! Thats what makes me angry. They should not just assume that every non-woodlander is evil! Ugh!

And now I will continue onto the next book. This is already a classic, and i can't wait for more.
Archduke Langus chapter 11 . 12/13/2011
Another really good chapter. Poor Machus, killing his father and all. He doesent deserve the treatment hes gotten.
Archduke Langus chapter 10 . 12/13/2011
Jeez, I am really starting to get annoyed at the Redwallers. What racist pigs. Just because somebeast is a fox doesent mean they are evil.

Geoff is the worst of the lot.

But I am still really enjoying it. So, now I will keep reading...
Archduke Langus chapter 9 . 12/13/2011
Urthblood is crazy. Crazy enough to bring together vermin and woodlanders. Wow.

Redwallers really are racist aren't they? The book series is very black and white isent it? Can't wait to finish!
Archduke Langus chapter 8 . 12/12/2011
Another great chapter! This is turning out rather nicely. I can't help but wonder what the hare, shrew, and mole are doing... And what is Urthblood up too? I guess I will have to find out later.

Oh, by the way, I found a typo. At one point it said "Cyril regard the otter". It's not to major but for a second I wasent sure. Mostly because your grammer and spelling had been so sound up to that point I was thinking it was on purpose. Can't wait to keep reading tommorow.
Archduke Langus chapter 7 . 12/12/2011
I enjoyed this chapter quite a bit. Some more outrage at Urthblood, which by this point has become expected. I am also beginning to feel like Redwallers are like cows in a slaughter chute. They are inoccently unaware of what is/might going to happen.

About the mirror thing Urthblood was talking about. I'm pretty sure Aerosthle or one of those Greek scientists came up with the idea. I do recall hearing that after a lot of scientific testing, it was hard to aim, and would never set anything on fire, just heat it up signifigantley.
Archduke Langus chapter 6 . 12/12/2011
Not much really happened, but how can a tale go on without a sound plot to hold it?

Once again, very good.
Archduke Langus chapter 5 . 12/12/2011
The amount of effort you put into the accents astounds me. I still can't get over the fact that they are perfect. Urthbloods reasoning is sound, and I feel like I am right there- this is really good.

When Foremole said "Stairway to Heaven" were you possibly refrenceing Led Zeppelin's classic song?
Archduke Langus chapter 4 . 12/6/2011
Urthblood is awesome. 'Nough said.

I already like this falcon captain as well. All the charectors are well sculpted, as I have already said.

Loving it, must read next chapter.
Archduke Langus chapter 3 . 12/6/2011
Urthblood is such a depressing badger. His charector is very well constructed and delevloped, just like every other beasts in the book so far.

Yet another good chapter, and I feel like my imagination is being captured in very much the same way that the orginal Redwall did. This is very good, and I think you should consider a career as a published author. Quite seriously.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »