Reviews for Philosophy
Cath chapter 15 . 5/14/2011
Hi Voyager Tip!

I completely adore your fan fiction, and particularly this piece on Steve Martin. Thank you for it!

Cath!
The Voyager chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I have got to say I really enjoyed this story about Voyagers Phineas Bogg & Jeffrey Jones bumping into Steve Martin.I think you did a great job on this & you handled the "death scene" very wrote the character of Jeffrey Jones's just the way I would have imagine how the actor would've reacted on ths 's a shame they didn't have Steve Martin on Voyagers because he would have made a really cool guest star!Keep up the excellant work on your wonderful fanfiction stories.
Bookworm41 chapter 15 . 3/3/2011
I really loved the story, and I agree with Bogg to much will screw you up.
leyapearl chapter 15 . 3/2/2011
Wow. Satre, Aristotle, and Steve Martin's "bologna in my shoes" line. Who could ask for more?
freestar chapter 15 . 3/2/2011
Good story, VT! I liked the way you handle Jeffrey's constant urge to understand and to learn more. And Bogg's constant affection and love for the kid. What a great team they make! It was a nice touch fleshing out Bogg's family. How sad he couldn't connect with his sister and meet his namesake. What little I've read about philosophers makes me quite sure that to study them would be interesting yet very confusing. Good tale! No day can be too bad when it starts with a new Voyagers! story to read.
Jake Crepeau chapter 15 . 3/1/2011
Hey, I give this one an A-Plus! I remember pondering those very questions when I was a teenager...clear into my mimd-twenties, as a matter of fact! ;D
Jake Crepeau chapter 13 . 3/1/2011
Maybe not in the top 1,000 names for that time zone, but Samuel Pepys, who is generally recognized to have been a "General at Sea" during that period, had a friend by that name; in his diary (you can get it at gutenberg-dot-org) he refers to the guy as "Phin," so that, which several writers, including myself, have used, is actually a period nickname. Just thought you'd enjoy that little bit of trivia. ;D
Jake Crepeau chapter 8 . 3/1/2011
It's a kid thing. When I was a kid, we used to say things like, my mom'll kill me, and we all knew it was just hyperbole. Seems to me a doctor would know that, too, but then, I guess you've got to consider *when* Bogg came from. Things were pretty brutal in the 17th century.

And, by the way, Bogg HAS hit Jeffrey. Remember in "Travels of Marco..."? When they were talking to Einstein, and Jeff forgot himself and started showing off how well he understood the Theory of Relativity, Bogg was giving him warning looks, and then slapped him pretty seriously, though he tried to disguise it from Einstein.

Seriously, though, I think the only kind of person who jumps to conclusions about that kind of statement from a kid is someone who was abused himself.

Sorry, but I just had to put my two cents in about that. I AM enjoying the daylights out of this story so far; on to the next chapter! ;D
Morgan chapter 15 . 3/1/2011
I liked the story and I also didn't know that Steve Martin studied Philosophy in college. Steve Martin remains one of my favorite comedians up there with Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams and Gilda Radner. LOL I really enjoyed the story.